Who will Improved more and also our future long term center

Kelly Olynyk 7' 0", 238 lbs
7 (25.9%)
Tyler Zeller 7' 0", 253 lbs
18 (66.7%)
Vitor Faverani 6' 11", 260 lbs
2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Don't Acquire A Center and hope these 3 improves? long term or trade soon?  (Read 5510 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Kelly Olynyk
8.7 PPG
5.2 RPG
0.4 BLKPG
15.27 PER

Highest Rebounds 12
Highest Points 28
Highest Blocks 2

Vitor Faverani
4.4 PPG
3.5 RPG
0.7 BLKPG
11.08 PER

Highest Rebounds 18
Highest Points 14
Highest Blocks 6

Tyler Zeller
5.7 PPG
4.0 RPG
0.5 BLKPG
15.43 PER

Highest Rebounds 15
Highest Points 23
Highest Blocks  3

as i want it, i think kelly should get at least 25minutes above and zeller should get 15 to 20 and vitor should get at least 10 t o15
since the varejao injury i saw some potential on zeller as a starting C in his rookie days
and since they are legit C with a height of 7'0, if we plan to get a quality big via draft, will you trade any of these 3 centers or trade them for a veteran C who already got experienced?
do you see them as long term or trade them like danny did on al jeff and kg? trade or released faverani? then rely on zeller kelly and sully as long term bigs and add more PF's?

Re: Don't Acquire A Center and hope these 3 improves? long term or trade soon?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:52:41 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Maybe amend the poll to include "none of the above."
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:15 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

i know what you thinking, all of them are bust

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Olynyk is not a center and Faverani sucks.

I guess we'll find out about Zeller soon enough.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Tell you what, if I'm Danny in the 2015 draft and Karl Towns is sitting there at my pick, I don't care how much these three have improved, I'm taking him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 08:15:05 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Kelly Olynyk
8.7 PPG
5.2 RPG
0.4 BLKPG
15.27 PER

Highest Rebounds 12
Highest Points 28
Highest Blocks 2

Vitor Faverani
4.4 PPG
3.5 RPG
0.7 BLKPG
11.08 PER

Highest Rebounds 18
Highest Points 14
Highest Blocks 6

Tyler Zeller
5.7 PPG
4.0 RPG
0.5 BLKPG
15.43 PER

Highest Rebounds 15
Highest Points 23
Highest Blocks  3

as i want it, i think kelly should get at least 25minutes above and zeller should get 15 to 20 and vitor should get at least 10 t o15
since the varejao injury i saw some potential on zeller as a starting C in his rookie days
and since they are legit C with a height of 7'0, if we plan to get a quality big via draft, will you trade any of these 3 centers or trade them for a veteran C who already got experienced?
do you see them as long term or trade them like danny did on al jeff and kg? trade or released faverani? then rely on zeller kelly and sully as long term bigs and add more PF's?

Question.. Who would you make your long term center??? 1. Zeller is currently a 2nd or 3rd string Center is this league. Waiting for him to become a future center on a championship team will be highly upsetting. KO is not a Center despite is size. He doesn't have that kind of game but he sure does compliment a true center pretty well as the PF. Fav had some nice games beginning of the season. The Celtics also blew the Knicks out by 40. At the end it means nothing if its a night in night out basis. There NBA players! Everyone is bound to have some nice games.. I would bet a TP every day till I die if our Championship center is currently on our roster

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Zeller could be the surprise of the season. He started to play well at the end of last year once he got healthy. He's also been behind Side Show for the two seasons, and hey, he was playing for Cleveland, I wouldn't put them in the top of the list of teams that have a good locker room and develops young talent well.

Zeller in college would beat just about everyone down the floor, even if he got the board, which is some thing I think Stevens and DA have been looking for. Remember how Perk use to run the floor, and get easy buckets from Rondo in the breaks? I could see Zeller doing that. He also has a nice 15 footer that will help spread things out.

He's not going to be a shot blocker, but he can get to the spots quick and change shots. Which could be more beneficial than having a guy that can get 2 or 3 blocks a game, but gives up 10 buckets because he can't rotate quick enough. 

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I didn't answer the pole because I do not feel any of these guys is a long term solution at center. I do expect a up kick in production from both KO and Zeller. However statistically this will be dependent on minutes and they will have to come at the expense of Bass. This is why he must be traded.

If Bass is moved I expect the following out of a primary 3 man rotation

Sully  30min 16pts 9rb
KO     28min 13pt  6rb 2.5 ass
Zeller 25min 10pt  7rb 1 blk

that leaves 13min at PF/C for either Fav or a small ball lineup, ideally I would like to see a defensive 5 brought in to take up these minutes and limit sully and Ko's time at center. 

If Fav gets those 13min 5pt 4rb 1blk

In terms of future role

Sully + KO, I think both are starting PFs in the league or if they allow it great 3rd big men. ala Taj Gibson. I particular like the idea of KO as a high usage big man backing up the 4/5 while acting as primary scorer and facilitator to a 2nd unit. His passing ability would allot for a team constructed with the backup PG being primarily a scorer.

Zeller, I think he will develop into a solid lover end starter. I could see him as the 5th starter (weakest link) to a playoff caliber team but only if paired with the right PF. I think him next to a lengthy 4 like a Aldridge, Ibaka, KG, or Duncan type would work well. Sully and KO will ask to much of him defensively to be his most effective.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:56:21 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White

Faverani does not suck, he will never be great but he will be a good backup center comparable to Nick Collison.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
our future center hasn't been drafted yet.

these 3 will hopefully develop into good, quality bigs off the bench going forward but none are a starting-caliber center on a good team.  KO is more PF than C.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Faverani does not suck, he will never be great but he will be a good backup center comparable to Nick Collison.
Vitor has mountains of progress to make before he'll ever even be close to Nick Collison in his prime.

Between Bass, Sully, Olynyk, Zeller, and the small ball we'll play with Green and Wallace, he'll never even see the court aside from injuries.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I too see us drafting a big.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

I too see us drafting a big.

I remember my days in Cuse  (10"-12") ... Watching Fab Melo get Drunk and eat pizza all night... I've heard he's a changed man now. We should give him another chance  ;D

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

i know what you thinking, all of them are bust
no, not thinking they are "busts." i was referring to the poll title, which asks about them being the celtics' center in the long term. i am betting the celtics acquire someone who is better at center than any of these three.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Zeller: Lets hope he improves some and then trade him a few months into the season, unless a team likes him now then I would pull that trigger.

FAV: Same as above

KO: Is not a center. And may or may not be better than Sully

Karl Towns Jr is gonna be our center.