Author Topic: Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?  (Read 9242 times)

Re: Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Smart was a SG before his time at Oklahoma State. The Analytics folks compare him to players like Tyreke Evans and Harden. It seems more and more that Rondo is staying if for no other reason than there is no market for him, either traded or as a FA. So with that being said, is it possible that Smart who can easily guard SG's be moved back to that position? So many teams are moving that way: OKC, Phoenix, Toronto and others. Perhaps that was the plan all along?
No.
::) insightful

Yes: I do think that's the plan, short term at least. Smart will play off the ball with rr and on the ball with ab.
I don't think there is a long term plan beyond "let's see how this plays out and make the appropriate move down the road".
Ainge's motto: develop assets, maintain flexibility, strike when the iron is hot

Except the iron is no longer hot and no one wanted our assets so we're stuck with this team for another season. I wish he'd just go full player development, its a full season into the rebuild and next years free agent class has nothing for us.

Noone wanted their assets? How do you know that?

He read it on the internet.

No, no trades happened.

So that's how it works? All of the players in the nba that didn't get traded are still on their teams because nobody else wants them?

You mean to tell me that Danny did not want Anthony Davis?! Fire him!!!!  >:(

You all are taking his statement to the extreme. I think he meant, considering the Celtics were clearly looking for trade partners and seemingly willing to part with anyone, it seems our roster full of "assets" wasn't valued nearly as high around the NBA as it is on this board. For that reason we probably have to play this season out in order to increase value on a number of our players.

Or it seems Danny doesn't rate other team's assets nearly as highly as many on this board do.
touche

if someone took the opinions some here vehemently spout then they'd think that every C's player is crap and every player on every other team or player coming out in the draft is better than Lebron (or would be once they put on a C's uniform).

Familiarity, contempt, greener grass, ask not if your franchise should toll the bell for you, ask if you should toll the bell for your franchise, so on and so forth.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 03:19:45 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We actually did find a trade partner for one of our most appealing assets, though.

The fact that said asset was an empty salary slot rather than a living, breathing NBA player might say more about our players than it says about Danny.