Author Topic: Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?  (Read 9243 times)

Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?
« on: September 18, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Smart was a SG before his time at Oklahoma State. The Analytics folks compare him to players like Tyreke Evans and Harden. It seems more and more that Rondo is staying if for no other reason than there is no market for him, either traded or as a FA. So with that being said, is it possible that Smart who can easily guard SG's be moved back to that position? So many teams are moving that way: OKC, Phoenix, Toronto and others. Perhaps that was the plan all along?

Re: Do you think Marcus Smart will be moved to the 2?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
No.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Smart was a SG before his time at Oklahoma State. The Analytics folks compare him to players like Tyreke Evans and Harden. It seems more and more that Rondo is staying if for no other reason than there is no market for him, either traded or as a FA. So with that being said, is it possible that Smart who can easily guard SG's be moved back to that position? So many teams are moving that way: OKC, Phoenix, Toronto and others. Perhaps that was the plan all along?
No.
::) insightful

Yes: I do think that's the plan, short term at least. Smart will play off the ball with rr and on the ball with ab.
I don't think there is a long term plan beyond "let's see how this plays out and make the appropriate move down the road".
Ainge's motto: develop assets, maintain flexibility, strike when the iron is hot

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
No.

Yes: I do think that's the plan, short term at least. Smart will play off the ball with rr and on the ball with ab.
I don't think there is a long term plan beyond "let's see how this plays out and make the appropriate move down the road".
Ainge's motto: develop assets, maintain flexibility, strike when the iron is hot

Except the iron is no longer hot and no one wanted our assets so we're stuck with this team for another season. I wish he'd just go full player development, its a full season into the rebuild and next years free agent class has nothing for us.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's kind of dumb to get rid of decent players for peanuts though.  I'd rather play it out and see what offers come for the vets.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
No.

Except the iron is no longer hot and no one wanted our assets so we're stuck with this team for another season. I wish he'd just go full player development, its a full season into the rebuild and next years free agent class has nothing for us.

Noone wanted their assets? How do you know that?

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 07:35:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
No.

He read it on the internet.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
No.

sounds about right to me. okay, let's lock this thread up.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:02 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I believe that Smart will be part of the three headed Guard monster Ainge is envisioning. RR, AB, and Smaht can be a potent back court trio for years to come. Hopefully Danny sees the wisdom of playing this year out and see where we stand as a team. RR, AB, Smaht, Young, Sully, KO and Zeller may be a contender if not as early as this year IMHO.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think he will be moved to the two in at least the same way that Avery B was moved to the one. Gotta find out what we got and what can be done.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
"Moved" is too absolutists. He'll play SG as well as PG. I don't know why this is such a point of discussion,  it's a fact we've known since he was drafted... even before that.

There's no "moved".

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I believe that Smart will be part of the three headed Guard monster Ainge is envisioning. RR, AB, and Smaht can be a potent back court trio for years to come. Hopefully Danny sees the wisdom of playing this year out and see where we stand as a team. RR, AB, Smaht, Young, Sully, KO and Zeller may be a contender if not as early as this year IMHO.
this is what I can see happening -  a latter-day Isaiah-Dumars-Vinnie trio with Smart being our Dumars-type player that's essentially a combo guard able to play with either Rondo or AB

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
this is what I can see happening -  a latter-day Isaiah-Dumars-Vinnie trio with Smart being our Dumars-type player that's essentially a combo guard able to play with either Rondo or AB

But wait, which of the three can shoot like the microwave?

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
No.

No, no trades happened.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
No.

No, no trades happened.

So that's how it works? All of the players in the nba that didn't get traded are still on their teams because nobody else wants them?