Author Topic: Reggie Bush Defends Adrian Peterson  (Read 14526 times)

Re: Reggie Bush Defends Adrian Peterson
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I have to question what level of accountability a 1 year old has.  Does "disciplining" one work? I'd imagine it would be like disciplining a cat.  Are they capable of associating the discipline as a result of the bad act?
couldn't have put it better.

I have no idea how disciplining a 1-year old would even work on any level. 

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Yet more people call NBA players thugs. Bunch of bull!
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

well just because we don't hear anything doesn't mean it doesn't happen. not saying it does or doesn't because we don't know.

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I have to question what level of accountability a 1 year old has.  Does "disciplining" one work? I'd imagine it would be like disciplining a cat.  Are they capable of associating the discipline as a result of the bad act?

I actually made the disciplining a cat analogy to my girlfriend this morning.  She didn't really agree.  Though the cat gets a little squirt of water, and not a tree branch to the genitals.

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
also, i'm not surprised Bush or other players for that matter are either choosing to defend or just say "no comment" like Tom Brady did.

because i'm thinking most of these guys have probably over heard or even been told some unsavory things in the locker room. would not be surprised if some of these guys bring up some of these unsavory things in daily conversation. I could totally see Brady's talking to a teammate about his kids and his teammate comes right out and says "oh my kid was acting up the other day and I had to give 'em a couple whacks to set 'em straight".

I'm almost willing to bet a lot of these guys are very nonchalant about something like this because they don't see anything wrong with it maybe because that's how they grew up.

just like i'm sure there's plenty that don't agree with it within the locker room. but it's hard to call someone out when these are guys you are relying on to help you look good.

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I actually made the disciplining a cat analogy to my girlfriend this morning.  She didn't really agree.  Though the cat gets a little squirt of water, and not a tree branch to the genitals.
true, a squirt bottle works wonders with cats whereas with kids it's just entertaining

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:03 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
It's sad that these athletes are so dumb. If they would not have athletic ability they would probably be in prison or on wellfare.
The other problem is they are not just dumb, they advertise it frequently.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 04:05:35 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

::)  The blanket use of the word thug is getting old real fast.

I was unaware Peterson and Bush have formed a child abusing gang.

You know what I call a child abuser?  a child abuser.
Greg

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Suspend this idiot for the season. Bush has no place in the NFL with that line of thinking. What else could I expect from the most racist league around though. They still use the highly offensive R word.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
It's sad that these athletes are so dumb. If they would not have athletic ability they would probably be in prison or on wellfare.

I personally would like to see a common sense law passed.

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Suspend this idiot for the season. Bush has no place in the NFL with that line of thinking. What else could I expect from the most racist league around though. They still use the highly offensive R word.

Do you mean the derogatory term for someone with a disability or disabilities, or something else?  Just making sure; and I agree - get Bush out of the league.  You know, I used to hate the sport, and then I thought, well, I don't hate football, I just hate the nauseating amount of coverage on it provided by espn.  However, after watching Frontline's League of Denial, the off-field incidents and double standard for Ben Roethlisberger as opposed to African American players, and now all of this disgusting and disturbing news about domestic violence, I'm done with the whole thing, and I really hope that the NFL loses a substantial amount of money and fans because of it.

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Do you mean the derogatory term for someone with a disability or disabilities, or something else?  Just making sure; and I agree - get Bush out of the league.  You know, I used to hate the sport, and then I thought, well, I don't hate football, I just hate the nauseating amount of coverage on it provided by espn.  However, after watching Frontline's League of Denial, the off-field incidents and double standard for Ben Roethlisberger as opposed to African American players, and now all of this disgusting and disturbing news about domestic violence, I'm done with the whole thing, and I really hope that the NFL loses a substantial amount of money and fans because of it.

The racist word I'm referring to the Washington nickname.

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

true, a squirt bottle works wonders with cats whereas with kids it's just entertaining

It works wonders if, say, they're on the counter and you want them to get off the counter.  Then again, so does pushing them off (which is much less traumatizing).  However, I'm 99% positive you can't teach them things with it, like stop scratching the furniture.

Edit:  http://www.catbehaviorassociates.com/the-squirt-bottle-controversy/

1. It creates frustration in the cat
2. It causes the cat to become afraid of you
3. The cat learns to wait until you aren’t around before engaging in the behavior

Double edit:  I assume that works the same way with kids.  If you beat your kids when they misbehave, they're probably just going to learn to wait until you aren't around before engaging in the behavior.  Hitting your kid when he swears definitely isn't going to stop him from swearing all together.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The racist word I'm referring to the Washington nickname.

Ah.  Okay, well, thanks for clearing that up haha. 

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I personally would like to see a common sense law passed.

You could argue that all the differing laws, statutes, and such in different states/countries/etc. represent different sets of "common sense laws."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.