Author Topic: Avery Bradley Improved ball handling ?  (Read 5545 times)

Re: Avery Bradley Improved ball handling ?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
looks like pretty basic stuff

That's because it is! I said on this same page that this is when AB was first starting out (or very early into it). These videos (put together from snippets of Instagram videos) are at least 2 months old.

Again, these drills are for beginners, their drills get increasingly difficult. This is child's play compared to the things they have put AB through since these videos were made. It's easy to find out how much more they do if you look up these people on other social media.

This video(s) is pretty much what AB could already do... we are now 2 months later, if it works, he should be much more advanced.

I don't know if it will work but I know they work with some pretty good NBA/college players, I would think if they are getting so many good players they must be doing something right. It's going to be a wait and see on AB but this video only shows that he's working on it, not how he's progressed.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 04:14:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He looks much better to me considering how poor his handles have generally been.
I wonder if the idea is to attempt to make Avery the point guard and Smart the Shooting guard if things don't work out with Rondo. Either way it gives them flexibility with their line ups and increase Avery's value.

If Avery Bradley learnt to break down his defender 1v1 then we could start having conversations about him being a top guard in the Eastern Conference.
Stoked that he's putting in the time and effort.

I wish Jeff 'straight line drive 'Green joined him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am encouraged by the dribbling improvement but it is as many said basic stuff.   Now a lot of the time basic stuff works best in games.   What I think is silly is practicing the moves at game speed and the shot at slow speed.   All things should be practiced at game speed especially shooting unless your breaking down a move to learn it.  Practicing slow does not help you in a game.   Bob Huggins Jr., a big time coach, taught me that.