Author Topic: Avery Bradley Improved ball handling ?  (Read 5562 times)

Avery Bradley Improved ball handling ?
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

Re: Avery Bradley Improved ball handling ?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'll believe it when I see him doing it on the court. BUT, I am happy that he is trying to fix his issue as everyone was grilling him last year about it. I like that

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Good news he is working hard on handling. Could probably help him get to the hoop more confidently.

I would like him to be able to occasionally bring the ball up and make the entry pass. In the past the disaster stroke when he tried the pass. I am not sure how can that be improved other then by experience.

By the way, I cannot remember Avery trying a floater in game and I think I noticed it at the end of the video. That would come handy too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:29:39 AM by krumeto »
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Nice, Avery Bradley can go from extremely terrible ball handling to very bad ball handling, things are looking up!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:11:26 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I have some very bad news for you guys...Avery could always handle the ball against inferior competition or in drills like this. When he's going up against NBA caliber defenders that's a whole other issue...he's much better used cutting to the basket not dribbling his way there.

I'm glad he's working on this part of his game but i don't expect his handle to get that much better honestly...

I am a fan of Bradley but I feel like he's someone you need to pair with a tall PG like a MCW or Dante Exum...Honestly I think the Smart/Bradley combo could work thanks to Marcus being big enough to guard 2s in the league.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:23:59 AM by Bosstown »

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I actually think his ball handling is fine towards scoring but the issue is still he just doesn't work as a facilitator in any way really.  he doesn't dribble effectively to break down the defense and then look to pass.

Last year especially I found his dribbling effective though doing things like getting into space where he could pull up for a jump shot.

If there's something I would like to see him improve it's his passing/play making.  He should be working on running pick and rolls and that kind of thing.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I actually think his ball handling is fine towards scoring but the issue is still he just doesn't work as a facilitator in any way really.  he doesn't dribble effectively to break down the defense and then look to pass.

Last year especially I found his dribbling effective though doing things like getting into space where he could pull up for a jump shot.

If there's something I would like to see him improve it's his passing/play making.  He should be working on running pick and rolls and that kind of thing.
if he'd just stop throwing passes into the stands and to the other team, THAT would be a significant improvement.  I have no hopes of him being anything close to a playmaker.  if he can at least complete a solid fundamental pass to a teammate, handl 2-3 dribbles if setting up for a shot and not look like a deer in the headlights under moderate defensive pressure he's dribbling that would be huge.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
I have some very bad news for you guys...Avery could always handle the ball against inferior competition or in drills like this. When he's going up against NBA caliber defenders that's a whole other issue...he's much better used cutting to the basket not dribbling his way there.

I'm glad he's working on this part of his game but i don't expect his handle to get that much better honestly...

I am a fan of Bradley but I feel like he's someone you need to pair with a tall PG like a MCW or Dante Exum...Honestly I think the Smart/Bradley combo could work thanks to Marcus being big enough to guard 2s in the league.

Smart and Bradley are the exact same height, Smart strength will give problems on the offensive side, but I dont see how it will help much defensively vs Bradley

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I like it. I think improved handles could have him hitting all those open layups he's missed.

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 01:11:46 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
You know, I've always wondered why a lot of NBA players' trainers are white.

But it's good to at least see Bradley putting in the work. Sully, you're next!

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Smart and Bradley are the exact same height, Smart strength will give problems on the offensive side, but I dont see how it will help much defensively vs Bradley

Smart is slightly long with a 6'9.25" wingspan vs ABs 6'7.25" and yes they are both 6'2 without shoes. However comparing their combines Smart weights 45lbs! more then AB did at the same age. That added strength/weight is huge when having to guard a player taller then you. Smarts ability to play up on taller guards without getting pushed threw on the drive will be a huge asset. The lighter player like AB can be moved thru by a driving offensive player coming out of the triple threat, this will be a hard thing for most guards to do to Smart. This strength at the position is part of the reason why players like Artest, Ruben Patterson and Chuck Hayes have all been good to great defenders despite less then ideal height/length. (Artest was Great because he was 6'7 with superb strength and instincts)
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
his ball handling can't get worse  ::)

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
Nice find, and he looks a little quicker, but his dribble still gets too high on certain moves.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.