Author Topic: Adrian Peterson accused of abusing his other 4-year-old son  (Read 5319 times)

Adrian Peterson accused of abusing his other 4-year-old son
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Oh good, just as he's been cleared to play (sarcasm).  This guy should be in jail.  Who the hell smiles during a mugshot?

My favorite part (sarcasm) - 

Peterson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said, “The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true. The allegation is more than one year old and authorities took no action.’’

So apparently, if no one takes the necessary action at the time, it's okay (sarcasm).  Wow :o

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-practice-with-vikings-play-sunday/H0xXataV1HmY5KD9osyBUI/story.html

Re: Adrian Peterson accused of abusing his other 4-year-old son
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:06:06 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Was Charles Barkley's response to this when he alleged that all the black parents from the south whoop their kids?  If it is, it's disgusting.  I understand whooping an older child.  The kid is four years old.  Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So the other allegation is something that happened last year (when the child was 3 EDIT: Looks like the kid was 4 then, is 5 now).  It's a different kid than the one he took a switch to.  Here is a text exchange provided by that child's mother and reported by ESPN:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11534340/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-facing-second-child-abuse-accusation

See guys, if the toddler had just stayed still and dealt with his running back father hitting him, he wouldn't have a scar on his head from the carseat!  Sounds pretty open-and-shut to me, if anything the kid should be in trouble here.

All sarcasm aside, I respect parents choosing physical punishment in some cases, but there's definitely a line, and AP appears to be what Charlie Murphy would call "a habitual line-stepper".  But at least there's no video!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:06:36 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yuck.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
See guys, if the toddler had just stayed still and dealt with his running back father hitting him, he wouldn't have a scar on his head from the carseat!  Sounds pretty open-and-shut to me, if anything the kid should be in trouble here.

That is an insane point of view.  And even among those who "whoop" their kids, who strikes a three year old in the face?

"... he did it his self".  Pure ignorance.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
So the other allegation is something that happened last year (when the child was 3 EDIT: Looks like the kid was 4 then, is 5 now).  It's a different kid of the same age as the one he took a switch to.  Here is a text exchange provided by that child's mother and reported by ESPN:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11534340/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-facing-second-child-abuse-accusation

All sarcasm aside, I respect parents choosing physical punishment in some cases, but there's definitely a line, and AP appears to be what Charlie Murphy would call "a habitual line-stepper".  But at least there's no video!

there is definitely a line here. If Peterson's intent was to discipline his kid for swearing, then he's not an evil evil person here. However, there should definitely be a line in that, the kid is 4 years old. Scolding or maybe a small slap in the hand should be more than enough. There is no need to physically injure a kid for that. Again, if his intent was to discipline his kid for swearing, then Peterson's punishment should be community service and probably therapy, and not jail time. Had it been actual physical abuse - then Peterson should definitely go to jail.

As an outsider looking into this matter, I don't know anything so I'll just see what the court decides. Other than that, I just want to enjoy some football and not have 80% of the media/football channels talk about Ray Rice or Peterson's outside field issues.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:10:42 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I had a feel butt whoopings back in the day. Key word: butt. My mom would spank the heck out of my booty. But when it comes to giving your kid scars in the face/head/body, that's going too far
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:11:05 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

That is an insane point of view.  And even among those who "whoop" their kids, who strikes a three year old in the face?

The description of the kid's age is confusing, but I changed my post - I think the kid was actually 4 when this happened, and 5 now.

I think blaming the victim is a really common rationalization when someone unintentionally causes an injury like that, whether it's a spouse or child.  The whole "look what you made me do/what happens when you don't take your licks" attitude.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I know I've seen my niece bonk herself while throwing a fit about what pajamas I was laying out. Not nearly hard enough to scar, but a good bump on the head.

So he takes the point of view that a "whoopin" is just as normal as getting a child to eat his food or put on his clothes I guess. The fact that he views a "whoopin" as so normal and necessary is the problem. Poor kids.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think blaming the victim is a really common rationalization when someone unintentionally causes an injury like that, whether it's a spouse or child.  The whole "look what you made me do/what happens when you don't take your licks" attitude.
Yeah this is pretty standard rationalization for someone who has caused injury. If you'd just cooperated, done what I said, etc, etc....

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

The description of the kid's age is confusing, but I changed my post - I think the kid was actually 4 when this happened, and 5 now.

Yeah, does this guy have no sense of responsibility?  Especially considering that if a kid that young is cursing he almost certainly learned it in his household.

After seeing the extremity in the pictures of the first kid, it was basically impossible to believe that that was the first time he ever over-punished one of his kids.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The most disturbing thing about this entire list of allegations remains to me "stuffed the leaves in his mouth". Messing with the airway of a small child, and then subsequently hitting them?

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
But he's an MVP. Stop being a bunch of PC sissies and get over it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13

What's your point? Are you sarcastic or ignorant? It's sad that bunch of american parents are beat their kids like a drum and think they do the right thing. It's BS.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 11:59:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

What's your point? Are you sarcastic or ignorant? It's sad that bunch of american parents are beat their kids like a drum and think they do the right thing. It's BS.
He's being sarcastic.