Author Topic: Traveling to Boston!  (Read 1745 times)

Traveling to Boston!
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:55:45 AM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hey everyone!

I'm traveling to America next year in March and I'm looking to buy tickets for a Celtics game and just wondering if someone can help me out.

I was just wondering which is the best place to buy tickets from?
I was looking at Ticketmaster and also a resale market place and was wondering if that was alright and legitimate.

Thanks

Re: Traveling to Boston!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Hey everyone!

I'm traveling to America next year in March and I'm looking to buy tickets for a Celtics game and just wondering if someone can help me out.

I was just wondering which is the best place to buy tickets from?
I was looking at Ticketmaster and also a resale market place and was wondering if that was alright and legitimate.

Thanks

If it isnt Ticket Master or StubHub, I wouldn't give them my money especially if they dont have a PayPal checkout

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Is there a certain game you're looking to go to?

If you're going in March, the C's home games are:

Warriors
Jazz
Grizzlies
Magic
76ers
Pistons
Heat
Clippers

While the Clippers game might be a tougher ticket to get, people will probably be practically giving away tickets to everyone else except maybe the Warriors.

Depending on what game you want, you'll probably be able to get tickets much cheaper if you wait till right before the game (anything from a few days before till the day of).  You'll be able to walk right up to the box office, or even grab something under face value on stubhub, ebay, ticketmaster's ticket exchange, or even craigslist (though craigslist is a little riskier if you're not used to dealing with it).  C's tickets won't be tough to get at all, especially if Rondo is moved at the deadline.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:01:28 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:31:27 PM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
Thanks for the advice guys I'm in Boston from the 11th-13th so I'm going to try and see Grizzlies and the Magic.

My first trip to the USA so pretty excited.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:31:59 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
The only places to get 100% guaranteed authentic tickets are Ticketmaster, Celtics TicketExchange website (run by Ticketmaster), and the Celtics box office.

StubHub and local ticket agencies are mostly reliable too, but you can never be entirely, 100% certain they are authentic.  Stay away from Craigslist and scalpers outside the stadium.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:38:44 AM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
Sorry for bumping an old post but I figured it would be better than starting a new one.

I bought the tickets for the game against the Grizz from Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange a few months ago and it all went smooth, so I went to go buy tickets for the Magic game yesterday and it said tickets were unavailable for online purchase.

Just wondering if I'm better off buying these ones from Stubhub or from the box office when I arrive in Boston.

Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
I've also bought tickets off Ace the day off the game really cheap and had them emailed to my phone. Ace has a ticket office in Boston and is not connected to sites like stubhub or ticketsnow. Ticket exchange is also great the night befor when somone decides last second they can't make it, the ticket office and ticketmaster will also release seats a day befor till a hour befor game time that might have been put aside and not used. If you want club seats that's your best bet.