Author Topic: rondo-westbrook backcourt?  (Read 3484 times)

rondo-westbrook backcourt?
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:13:14 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
http://nesn.com/2014/09/report-rajon-rondo-russell-westbrook-backcourt-fascinating-possibility/

idk if anyone already posted this, but it's got my OKC friends amped for the possibility.
personally, i'd take nothing less than serge or a steven adams package.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: rondo-westbrook backcourt?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o6u3l5y

Something like this...I'd imagine there would be some draft picks too--I seriously doubt it happens---But OKC needs to do something to get to the next level.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Something like this...I'd imagine there would be some draft picks too--I seriously doubt it happens---But OKC needs to do something to get to the next level.

I really don't see that happening. I do see them possibly offering us Adams, Jones, Lamb, and a few draft picks if they wanted Rondo.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's like people seem to think "fire Scott Brooks" is a grayed-out option here.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 05:38:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I really don't see that happening. I do see them possibly offering us Adams, Jones, Lamb, and a few draft picks if they wanted Rondo.

I could see that as well, and if they did manage to run a Rondo/Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka core out there, they'd be a powerhouse in the West. The could keep Perk/Collison at center and then go small with Ibaka at the 5, Durant at the 4, and a 3&D guy off the bench.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Never gonna happen. If OKC did not pay Harden, they will not pay at least 15M for Rondo either.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »

Offline Rodan45

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

I could see that as well, and if they did manage to run a Rondo/Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka core out there, they'd be a powerhouse in the West. The could keep Perk/Collison at center and then go small with Ibaka at the 5, Durant at the 4, and a 3&D guy off the bench.

After the 2014 Western Conference Finals there simply is no way that OKC trades Ibaka ANYWHERE. 

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Well they didn't offer Jackson and extension , Maybe they would do a s+t with him if they can get Rondo

OKC sends: Jackson , Adams ,Perry Jones, Perk(expiring) 2 first rd picks
Bos sends : Rondo , Anthony and Zellar

This would have to happen the deadline .

Bos roster

PG: Smart    / Jackson
SG: Bradley  / Turner
SF: Green    / Wallace
PF: Sully      / Bass
 C: Adams   / KO

I like the young core of Smart, Bradley, Sully,Adams and KO . Would trade away Green Bass and Wallace if possible for assets or cap space . Tank one more year and grab a good draft pick and use all our picks to trade for a go to scorer .

I still rather keep Rondo and try to add an impact player with all the money coming off the books in the next few years ,and bundles of draft picks .

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Well they didn't offer Jackson and extension , Maybe they would do a s+t with him if they can get Rondo

Bos roster

I like the young core of Smart, Bradley, Sully,Adams and KO . Would trade away Green Bass and Wallace if possible for assets or cap space . Tank one more year and grab a good draft pick and use all our picks to trade for a go to scorer .

I still rather keep Rondo and try to add an impact player with all the money coming off the books in the next few years ,and bundles of draft picks .

Really? 

Rondo is not going to fetch to you Adams and Jackson.  Adams is on the way to becoming a legit starting center in the league. Jackson also (starting pg). The issue with Jackson is, he wants to start now.   Likely OKC will bring him off the bench and have Lamb start.  But if they get Rondo, they will ask RW to play the SG position. Rondo brings the team championship experience. They haven't been able to get it done and time is running out before i see Durant and or RW leaving OKC or wanting out. You just can't keep the same lineup, hoping one of these years you are going to win. Thats what happen with Lebron and he left

A more realistic trade scenerio (BC okc is not giving up Adams)

To Okc: Rondo, Bass
To Bos: Jackson, Mcgary, Perkins (traded or Waived), future 1st

Ainge was big on Jackson and gave him a promise he would pick him if he slided down to where the Celts picked in that 2011 draft. He is athletic, long wingspan, good rebounder for a pg. Kind of like a beefed up, taller Rondo but not as good as passer and a bit better shooter.

Lineup after the trade

Zeller/Mcgary
Sully/KO
Green/Turner/Young
AB/Smart/Young
Jackson/Smart/Pressey

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Don't think they're a good fit together. Both need the ball in their hands too much and both are horrible catch and shoot shooters. Rondo shot 31.3% from the field and 30% from 3's in these catch and shoot situations. This leads me to believe that while Rondo's shooting has improved, it only has improved in his shooting off the dribble, but it remains abysmal otherwise. Westbrook shot 31.7% from the field and 27.6% from 3's under the same formula.

Surprised to see that Durant only shot 39.7% and 38.2% from spot up situations. Perhaps that's why their offensive chemistry sometimes appears off. James and Anthony for example, both who I consider worse shooters than Durant, shot much better spotting up. 46.4/44.0 for Melo, 47.2/48.3 for James.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Don't think they're a good fit together. Both need the ball in their hands too much and both are horrible catch and shoot shooters. Rondo shot 31.3% from the field and 30% from 3's in these catch and shoot situations. This leads me to believe that while Rondo's shooting has improved, it only has improved in his shooting off the dribble, but it remains abysmal otherwise. Westbrook shot 31.7% from the field and 27.6% from 3's under the same formula.

Surprised to see that Durant only shot 39.7% and 38.2% from spot up situations. Perhaps that's why their offensive chemistry sometimes appears off. James and Anthony for example, both who I consider worse shooters than Durant, shot much better spotting up. 46.4/44.0 for Melo, 47.2/48.3 for James.

Without being the primary focus , rondo will be able to play better. RW does not have to be a typical catch and shoot sg.  Rondo and RW backcourt combo has the potential to be devastating. Sure it could go wrong also. It will take some sacrifice by everyone like the big three did when they were here.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Bos roster

Really? 

Rondo is not going to fetch to you Adams and Jackson.  Adams is on the way to becoming a legit starting center in the league. Jackson also (starting pg). The issue with Jackson is, he wants to start now.   Likely OKC will bring him off the bench and have Lamb start.  But if they get Rondo, they will ask RW to play the SG position. Rondo brings the team championship experience. They haven't been able to get it done and time is running out before i see Durant and or RW leaving OKC or wanting out. You just can't keep the same lineup, hoping one of these years you are going to win. Thats what happen with Lebron and he left

A more realistic trade scenerio (BC okc is not giving up Adams)

To Okc: Rondo, Bass
To Bos: Jackson, Mcgary, Perkins (traded or Waived), future 1st

Ainge was big on Jackson and gave him a promise he would pick him if he slided down to where the Celts picked in that 2011 draft. He is athletic, long wingspan, good rebounder for a pg. Kind of like a beefed up, taller Rondo but not as good as passer and a bit better shooter.

Lineup after the trade

Zeller/Mcgary
Sully/KO
Green/Turner/Young
AB/Smart/Young
Jackson/Smart/Pressey
I agree that okc needs to keep Adams but that isn't enough to get Rondo.

Basically there needs to some how be a third team.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 11:43:51 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I'm surprised at that too. But Durant also shot 43% from pull-up 2s and and an incredible 41% from pull-up 3s, which are obviously more difficult. He also shot better from the field when he wasn't assisted. Which is unusual.