Author Topic: Some Bass/Green trade ideas  (Read 1638 times)

Some Bass/Green trade ideas
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Trade 1:
Bos Sends: Bass, Bogans
Den Sends: Mcgee

Reasoning: The Nuggets now have four legitimate centers on their roster that all deserve some playing time, and Mcgee seems like the most likely candidate to be traded. This trade would give them a quality veteran backup PF for Faried, which they need, and cap savings to give them a little more wiggle room. It also cuts a years worth of salary off their books. For us, Mcgee still has a ton of potential in the right system and is a major upgrade at the center position. We finally get a defensive presence in the middle, and he's a good complement at that position for Rondo's style (super athletic, can run the floor). This also messages to Rondo that we're at least trying to make things competitive.

Trade 2:
Bos Sends:Green, Clippers 2015 Pick
Atl Sends: TPE, 2015 Pick (with the ability to switch to Brooklyn's pick)

Reasoning: Green doesn't really fit into our plans, and he's just taking playing time away from Turner, who we're trying to develop/showcase. This trade would open up playing time and give us a large traded player exception, while giving us the opportunity to have a potential lottery pick, too. Atlanta does this, because it's a clear upgrade at the SF position for them. I believe they can send a TPE to us for Green because they're under the cap, though I'm not positive. A Teague, Korver, Green, Milsap, and Horford lineup is pretty solid, and they could make a run in the Eastern playoffs. It would be tough for them to give up a potential lottery pick (from BK), but the Clippers pick would give them a guaranteed pick this year, albeit a late one, no matter what happened.

Trade 3:
Bos Sends: Green
Cha Sens: Biyombo, Neal, 2015 1st round pick

Reasoning: Charlotte is in win-now mode, and they definitely need an upgrade at SF. Green is a definite upgrade over MKG, and a Walker, Stephenson, Green, Vonleh/Williams, Jefferson lineup could make some noise in the playoffs. For us, we'd get a couple more expiring contracts and a probable later first rounder for our troubles.

Trade 4:
Bos Sends: Green, Faverani
Mem Sends: Prince, Koufos

Reasoning: Green is a major upgrade over Prince, and Memphis would have a strong starting lineup with Conley, Lee, Green, Randolph, and Gasol. Also, Faverani would replace Koufos as a serviceable backup center. For us, we'd get two expiring contracts and playing room for Turner, though Koufos might have some value as our starting Center.

Re: Some Bass/Green trade ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I have a half eaten ham sandwich

I'll

Take on trade for Bass

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I actually like 1 but not sure DEN does it.   Also, with McGee and Rondo we would need shooters at the other positions.   We do not have a lot of shooters presently.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With Denver McGee and Gallinari for that matter are 2 guys I've thought about buying low on with only playing 5 games and no games last year respectively.  I believe they both only have 2 years left in their contract, but even still I'm not sure I can stomach taking the chance on Mcgee.  Also I think JJ Hickson can back up Faried just fine even though he can play center.   I think they have Arthur too (but that's not saying much).  Your proposed first deal though would free up some more money for Denver to sign Faried.   If Denver throws in a pick I'd consider pulling the trigger. 

With your second deal I'd rather hold onto the Clippers pick in the loaded west (you never know with injuries).

Green also going to Charlotte makes alot of sense for Charlotte.  I've thought that maybe Biyombo could be a Ben Wallace clone, and look fine next to a high scoring PF (if Sully or KO takes the next step).  In place of Neal and Charlotte's first in 2015 (which I expect them to make the playoffs) I've love to take a chance on MKG.   Maybe we thrown in 1 or 2 of our small non guaranteed contracts (Babb and Johnson).  Imagine our guard and wing D with Rondo, Bradley, Smart, and MKG for years to come. 

With trade 4 I've always thought Memphis was a natural trade partner as I imagine they want to trade Prince.  However with them I think being limited in trading draft picks I like your options 1 and 3 a better with maybe a little tweak.

New team
C Zeller, McGee, Biyombo, Fav
PF Sully, KO
SF Turner, MKG, Wallace
SG Bradley, Thornton, Young
PG Rondo, Smart, Pressey

Open the season with this 15 man roster, and let them duke it out for playing time and see who is deserving for staying here for a while.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think Denver may do #1, but I'm not super sold on McGee, and I don't want his contract to eat up our cap next summer and beyond.

#2 I like for both sides, but Atlanta only does it if they're serious about trying to win this year.

#3 makes no sense for Charlotte, MKG is their starting SF though Green would be a quality sixth man, we don't need Neal, Biyombo would be nice but I think the Hornets would be reluctant to give him up, and picks are always nice.

#4 is good.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think Denver may do #1, but I'm not super sold on McGee, and I don't want his contract to eat up our cap next summer and beyond.

#2 I like for both sides, but Atlanta only does it if they're serious about trying to win this year.

#3 makes no sense for Charlotte, MKG is their starting SF though Green would be a quality sixth man, we don't need Neal, Biyombo would be nice but I think the Hornets would be reluctant to give him up, and picks are always nice.

#4 is good.

You don't think Green would be a much better upgrade over MKG?

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like trade idea no 4.

If I can add one, how about Green/Bass to Denver for McGee and Gallinari?

If those 2 guys pan out, Celts are quite possibly a playoff team next season.