Author Topic: Report: Adrian Peterson indicted  (Read 10809 times)

Re: Report: Adrian Peterson indicted
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I understand those parents who give their kids a slap on the butt.  We don't do it with our kids, but I understand that their are differences of opinion.  I don't judge that.

But drawing blood on a four year old?  Cutting up his butt, thighs, and apparently scrotum?  What type of "father" does that?

Is this what happened?
appears so.  TMZ has the photos. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I understand those parents who give their kids a slap on the butt.  We don't do it with our kids, but I understand that their are differences of opinion.  I don't judge that.

But drawing blood on a four year old?  Cutting up his butt, thighs, and apparently scrotum?  What type of "father" does that?

Is this what happened?
appears so.  TMZ has the photos. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

TMZ again.  Wow.  Not that I'm surprised, but it is kind of weird that a gossip site is now the exclusive source of so much relevant information lol ::)

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 03:41:36 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Is this what happened?

TMZ again.  Wow.  Not that I'm surprised, but it is kind of weird that a gossip site is now the exclusive source of so much relevant information lol ::)

Just as scary as the photos--and I don't believe such cuts and bruises are acceptable at any age--are the quotes from Peterson when he was reportedly being interviewed by the police: that with the exception of one mark, the marks were consistent with the outcome whenever he hit any of his kids and that he would never stop hitting his kids like that.

Yes, I think we've in some ways gone overboard with hair-trigger interpretations of child abuse. But if this, as reported, isn't child abuse, then we're essentially saying any sort of beating, bleeding and harm is acceptable on a child, presumably short of maiming and death. If the father weren't a known sports celebrity, I think people wouldn't be looking so hard to find an excuse for him or trying to defend it on any level at all.

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I have no problem with a parent spanking a child, but whipping a four year old and leaving marks all over his body including his scrotum... That's f'd up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:59:16 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the TMZ photos are legit and the result of AP's 'discipline' he has got to be in some serious legal trouble.  Why would you do that to your child?  Spanking I can understand somewhat.  This I don't understand.

Man the NFL is going to just implode from all of these issues...

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I have no problem with a parent spanking a child, but whipping a four year old and leaving marks all over his body including his scrotum... That's f'd up.

Would it bother you less if there was no scrotum involved?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
He stuffed leaves in the child's mouth as he was beating him (I'm assuming to prevent screaming). He is sick!