Author Topic: Report: Adrian Peterson indicted  (Read 10815 times)

Report: Adrian Peterson indicted
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Fox 26 in Houston reports that Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson’s Houston-based lawyer, Rusty Hardin, declined to comment when contacted by FOX 26.

Peterson missed practice on Thursday and the Vikings did not explain why, although they did say he was not injured. Peterson was back at practice today, and Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Peterson gave no indication anything was wrong and was laughing and joking at the team facility.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Peterson will now have to turn himself in to Texas authorities, which makes his status for Sunday’s game against the Patriots unclear.

Didnt his son just die of abuse? 

Re: Report: Adrian Peterson indicted
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Different kid -- reportedly a kid he didn't know he had.  :-\
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Just what Goodell and the NFL needed. Truly the week from hell.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:01:23 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Quick, pick up Asiata!

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Quick, pick up Asiata!

Already done.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
"According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location. "

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
The pics looks pretty bad. The kid is only 4 too.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
"According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location. "

I hope people don't jump to conclusions even though the picture (if really the 'after' picture) is disturbing.   I don't believe in spanking and my wife and I never spanked our children, but that doesn't mean I think that all spanking is abuse.   It would be great if we could just let the judicial and child protective systems -- people with far more detail than we'll have -- come to an informed conclusion.  I am really tired of trial by social media.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I'm hearing Lions just deactivated him.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
The pics looks pretty bad. The kid is only 4 too.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

video soon to come

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

"According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

"Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

I hope people don't jump to conclusions even though the picture (if really the 'after' picture) is disturbing.   I don't believe in spanking and my wife and I never spanked our children, but that doesn't mean I think that all spanking is abuse.   It would be great if we could just let the judicial and child protective systems -- people with far more detail than we'll have -- come to an informed conclusion.  I am really tired of trial by social media.

if those pics are real that goes beyond a deserved spanking imo.

when I was a kid I got spanked once and that was because I set my backyard on fire. I found some matches and was lighting twigs on fire, thought I put out everything. come to find out there were fire trucks lined up in front of my house and firemen ready to storm my house. look outside and my backyard was a blaze. my mother gave me a good whack on my butt and told me to go to my room.

I think most people are quick to call child abuse these days and get DCYF involved. but I grew up in a time when you were still threatened with a belt if you did something really bad and I turned out ok. this goes a little beyond a normal spanking though....if those pics are legit.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Holy crap, I almost had a heart-attack thinking it was a switchblade.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm hearing Lions just deactivated him.

Peterson plays for the Vikings.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Any spanking that leaves a mark is abuse.

I guess there's an argument to be made for disciplining your child with a branch/stick, but those pictures show something far beyond a simple whack.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale