Author Topic: Would any of this team agree? (Utah/Boston/Houston) 3 Team Trade  (Read 4105 times)

Would any of this team agree? (Utah/Boston/Houston) 3 Team Trade
« on: September 12, 2014, 02:22:03 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
3 TEAM TRADE

boston offers 1st pick jeff green phil pressey for enes kanter and jeremy evans

houston 3rd team
sends donatas motejounas and robert covington to utah for vitor faverani chris johnson and utah's ian clark

boston receives motejounas that goes to utah
houston utah swap covington and clark

utah jazz 16 players
boston celtics 16 players
houston rockets 20 players (more trades or released players)

boston celtics gets a legit big that can play beside zeller and kelly
since houston is stacked with pf's faverani can back up howard + capela
utah gets a descent starting SF and move novak to 2nd unit (green could play SF or PF in utah)

line-up
boston
rondo 
bradley
turner or wallace or evans
sullinger
enes

utah
burks hayward green moteijounas favors
or
burks hayward novak green favors
or
burks exum hayward green/motiejonas favors

houston is same line-up but added back-up C SG SF

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=knoko4n

Re: Would any of this team agree? (Utah/Boston/Houston) 3 Team Trade
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 03:29:49 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Neither would do it I don't think.

Utah doesn't get enough to move Kanter and Houston doesn't move the needle at all which is what Morey is always looking to do. I'm also guessing that Utah wants to be bad again this season.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Neither would do it I don't think.

Utah doesn't get enough to move Kanter and Houston doesn't move the needle at all which is what Morey is always looking to do. I'm also guessing that Utah wants to be bad again this season.
1st and green?

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I think only the Celtics of the three would do this provided the pick is something like the Clippers pick and not a highly valued one. We would be getting Kanter at a very reasonable price, probably too reasonable since Green can opt out at the end of this season. For Houston and Utah I think that this proposal would be DOA.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:32:53 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Utah says no way. They already have Hayward to play the 3 (no need for Green) and Kanter was the 3rd overall pick just 3 years ago, and still has gobs of potential at age 22.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hmm...

So Utah gets a first, Motiejunas, and an expiring in Green for Kanter?  I actually don't think that's a terrible deal for them; hell, that's pretty decent, I'd say.

If anything, I think Houston would be the hang-up here since there's no real improvement being made for the team; sure, it doesn't hurt them, but they need more motivation for doing it beyond "let's shuffle the deck chairs a bit and replace some of our backups with other backups."

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Hmm...

So Utah gets a first, Motiejunas, and an expiring in Green for Kanter?  I actually don't think that's a terrible deal for them; hell, that's pretty decent, I'd say.

If anything, I think Houston would be the hang-up here since there's no real improvement being made for the team; sure, it doesn't hurt them, but they need more motivation for doing it beyond "let's shuffle the deck chairs a bit and replace some of our backups with other backups."

u think so?

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »

Offline Celtsfan92

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Everyone here overvalues Jeff Green likes he's a stud waiting to break out. If the Celts were going to get anything of value for him, it likely would've happened by now.

To that point, Jeff Green isn't nearly valuable enough to pry Kanter away from Utah. They let Al Jefferson walk to keep him. Think about that.

And what does Houston need Pressey for? They have a ton of talented young guards, including
Dante Exum (who Fran Fraschilla compared to Michael Jordan for what it's worth). Plus pressey's dad coached for the celtics. It's the reason Danny picked him up in the first place. They really like Phil Pressey, and he's improved a ton over the summer. They don't have any reason to get rid of him in this deal.

AND why give up a pick to get a center when you just acquired Zeller (who they clearly like) and have Sully and KO still? They could just keep that pick which will likely be in the lottery and take a younger center themselves who is cheaper and they can control longer.

The only team to consider it is Houston, but Boston and Utah wouldn't at all.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:09 AM »

Offline Celtsfan92

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
To be fair, I didn't think of Green as an expiring. I was thinking in terms of talent. In THAT case this trade doesn't happen. I'd concede that it's maybe doable if viewed as an expiring. But still, why have cap space with no one to build around? Kanter Is basically their best player

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 04:01:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it depends on Goob and if the Jazz don't want to tank.
Green may make them too good.  Think Jazz may want one more tank year to let Burk, Burke, Exum thing work out. Plus Hayward and Favors could use another year with no pressure.

If it wasn't for the situation above I would think Green and a first would be a good starting point.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 07:25:12 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
"Kanter Is basically their best player"

Nope, that title belongs to one or both of Gordon Hayward and/or Derrick Favors.  And Favors is the reason why I suspect Kanter will be moved sooner than later -- because they've already locked him up to a contract extension and he seems more effective at center, which is Kanter's position.  Factor in that Kanter is also going into the last year of his rookie deal (meaning he will have to be paid after this season) and I think there's a very real chance that Utah chooses not to tie up much of their finances at one position.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:47:51 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 12:20:09 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
"Kanter Is basically their best player"

Nope, that title belongs to one or both of Gordon Hayward and/or Derrick Favors.  And Favors is the reason why I suspect Kanter will be moved sooner than later -- because they've already locked him up to a contract extension and he seems more effective at center, which is Kanter's position.  Factor in that Kanter is also going into the last year of his rookie deal (meaning he will have to be paid after this season) and I think there's a very real chance that Utah chooses not to tie up much of their finances at one position.

they have gobert too
they are set with 2 best PG's
also drafted SG and a SF hayward but needs a back-up
so if they move favors to PF they can just draft a C and for the meantime used goberts sized and wingspan