Author Topic: Bucks expect to keep Larry Sanders  (Read 1403 times)

Bucks expect to keep Larry Sanders
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:58:20 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/alarcon/david-morway

Larry Sanders missed most of the 2013-14 season due to injuries, but the Milwaukee Bucks still believe in the center as part of their future plans.

Sanders will start his four-year extension this season.

Absolutely. Yeah, yeah. Larry is in our future plans," assistant GM David Morway said. "We are hopeful that this year Larry gets back to being the basketball player that he was two years ago. He is a defensive presence and a game changer on the court.

"So when you have his length along with Giannis, Jabari Parker, John Henson and then Zaza Pachulia, Damien Inglis, who is very long, and if you play Khris Middleton at the two... We are a fairly long team. We've got good experience with OJ Mayo, Jerryd Bayless... And we like Kendall Marshall. So we are excited for next year."

Translation: We will trade him first decent trade proposal we get......imo

Re: Bucks expect to keep Larry Sanders
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:07:12 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well, yeah.  I think either Henson or Sanders are up for grabs, but they're not just going to dump those guys just to dump them.

1) they're both valuable players.
2) the Bucks have a great financial situation, so they're in no need to dump guys.  They might WANT to, but they certainly don't NEED to.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:23:30 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think Danny is shopping his big money for just anyone .   He could have probably got several Sanders level players for center if that was his plan. They are really stop gap level , better than what you have on the bench....but not good enough to take the team to the Highest level.

Danny might pull the trigger on Marc Gasol or try .    I don't think Sanders fits the level of talent Danny wants to spend his precious assets for.   

We need Wallace's money available .    Don't see Celtics going for it , till he can be moved .....bring in a couple younger stars ...at the end of LeBrons era ......go from there.

Trying to win it all while LeBron circus is in town .....burning assets is a waste of time for lesser players.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think Danny is shopping his big money for just anyone .   He could have probably got several Sanders level players for center if that was his plan. They are really stop gap level , better than what you have on the bench....but not good enough to take the team to the Highest level.

Danny might pull the trigger on Marc Gasol or try .    I don't think Sanders fits the level of talent Danny wants to spend his precious assets for.   

We need Wallace's money available .    Don't see Celtics going for it , till he can be moved .....bring in a couple younger stars ...at the end of LeBrons era ......go from there.

Trying to win it all while LeBron circus is in town .....burning assets is a waste of time for lesser players.
+1

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

+1
Well it all depends on what we would need to give up. I am all for a buy low- sell high plan, or even keep him if/when he puts up the same or better stats. With the new cap rising, his contract would be a bargain. But theres still risk in everything.
But I completely disagree about Sanders not being an elite level talent.