Author Topic: Hawks GM/Owner racist e-mail/phone controversy  (Read 6921 times)

Re: Hawks GM/Owner racist e-mail/phone controversy
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 10:26:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Here's a take from Masai Ujuri, who also has a bit of African in him. A different perspective if nothing else.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/masai-ujiri-weighs-in-on-the-danny-ferry-controversy/article20558085/?service=mobile

+1 Ujiri is a good guy.

"You discover a person’s true character in their ability to learn from and then move on from those mistakes. One of the truly important things we must learn is how to forgive."

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:29:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Here's a story about how when Bonzi Wells was suspended for spitting in the face of Danny Ferry, it was allegedly because Ferry dropped the n-word on him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
very well written and in true spirit of forgiveness knowing fully well that we are all human and when each of us errs we hope that we are forgiven.

Having said that I hope that Ujiri, Luol, and all the other privileged Africans that have played in the NBA understand that as long as the African continent is under the control of corrupt and incompetent leaders that the entire continent will still be seen as the 'dark continent' subject to disrepute. The NBA cannot absorb all the great African players. Even the efforts of the most charitable organizations will fall short until Africa rids itself of the incompetent and corrupt governments.

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 10:52:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The scout who wrote the report about Deng, should be fired. Yet the hawks org is protecting him for some reason.  If in the end Ferry just lied, and he is the one who said all of this, well it's easy what happens next

I still don't understand what "he has a little african in him" means.  Some people think it means he is not as athletic . But then the report goes onto say , he is "two faced".   What can a player do that is considered "two faced" to a team?? He says he will come to practice but doesn't?

He will honor his contract, play hard but he doesn't?  Deng has had a decent career so far.  Maybe something happened when he left the Bulls?

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I still don't understand what "he has a little african in him" means.  Some people think it means he is not as athletic . But then the report goes onto say , he is "two faced".   What can a player do that is considered "two faced" to a team?? He says he will come to practice but doesn't?

My guess is that this refers to his situation in Cleveland.  Deng reportedly complained to his friends about what a mess the locker room and practices were, but publicly, he denied saying it and kept his comments politically correct.

That could be "two-faced".  Or, it could be a situation where his friends talked out of turn, and Deng wanted to act like a professional.

Here's what Woj reported:

On Deng, Ferry said: "… For example, he can come out and be an unnamed source for a story and two days later come out and say, 'That absolutely was not me. I can't believe someone said that.'

"But talking to reporters, you know they can [believe it]."

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

My guess is that this refers to his situation in Cleveland.  Deng reportedly complained to his friends about what a mess the locker room and practices were, but publicly, he denied saying it and kept his comments politically correct.

That could be "two-faced".  Or, it could be a situation where his friends talked out of turn, and Deng wanted to act like a professional.

Here's what Woj reported:

On Deng, Ferry said: "… For example, he can come out and be an unnamed source for a story and two days later come out and say, 'That absolutely was not me. I can't believe someone said that.'

"But talking to reporters, you know they can [believe it]."

whats the difference between what Deng does and what majority of people do , after coming home and ****ing and complaing about their work and everything about it?

Also these so called friends of Deng, are they going to the media after hearing Deng talk?

IF this report is true and Deng did what he did, yeah he should of been more straightforward, honest about things. But sometimes that does nothing but cause more issues. And the cavs locker room from what i read was a mess with the Irving/Waiters situation etc

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
very well written and in true spirit of forgiveness knowing fully well that we are all human and when each of us errs we hope that we are forgiven.

Having said that I hope that Ujiri, Luol, and all the other privileged Africans that have played in the NBA understand that as long as the African continent is under the control of corrupt and incompetent leaders that the entire continent will still be seen as the 'dark continent' subject to disrepute. The NBA cannot absorb all the great African players. Even the efforts of the most charitable organizations will fall short until Africa rids itself of the incompetent and corrupt governments.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Joseph Conrad is a Celtics fan.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
So here's the scouting report.  Turns out Ferry was actually telling the truth... and he's also Ron Burgundy:

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/09/12/LuolDeng.pdf

The actual line in the scouting report is even worse.

Also, it seems they actually get their info from RealGM.

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 03:32:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So here's the scouting report.  Turns out Ferry was actually telling the truth... and he's also Ron Burgundy:

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/09/12/LuolDeng.pdf

The actual line in the scouting report is even worse.

Also, it seems they actually get their info from RealGM.

Reading between the lines, it seems like the racist part came from somebody connected to Cleveland.  Why does that not surprise me? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
'Kyrie and Dion don't get along because they both pound the ball and want shots. Kyrie wants to be the two and come off screens."

Someone's sharpie game needs some serious work.

Also Ferry's taking 'an indefinite leave of absence.' I wonder how long it will take before someone blames Magic Johnson...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:26:09 PM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
'Kyrie and Dion don't get along because they both pound the ball and want shots. Kyrie wants to be the two and come off screens."

If that comment comes from a 2011-2012 teammate of Deng no longer on the Bulls whose name starts with a "J", is it John Lucas?  And is the Cavs player he talked to his former AAU teammate Jarrett Jack?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
OH yeah, and my guess for the person who made the African remarks about Deng is former Cavs GM Brian Grant.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

If that comment comes from a 2011-2012 teammate of Deng no longer on the Bulls whose name starts with a "J", is it John Lucas?  And is the Cavs player he talked to his former AAU teammate Jarrett Jack?

The 'by' indicates the scout, not the player. It's a J___ Peterson.

On the other hand, the player that he talks to a good amount is C.J. Miles, so there's that.

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Also Ferry's taking 'an indefinite leave of absence.' I wonder how long it will take before someone blames Magic Johnson...

Lebron  will tell these young clowns what to do. If you cross him he will give you the cold shoulder and you could be on your way out.  Lol

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Racist or not I never liked Ferry since he ratted on Rondo that one time. Now he is in the other seat. It brought me back to this gem by Tommy Heinsohn  ;D

www.youtube.com/embed/8Do8FarpRrE>