Author Topic: BOS/SAC Trade  (Read 6369 times)

BOS/SAC Trade
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Ik...another post involving Rondo to SAC for expirings, Ben McLemore & or Stauskas huh?

NOPE! With Sacramento stuck at the bottom of the Western Conference, the Cs could make a move for Cousins!

One misconception lately has been that good players aren't available via trade. I think that isn't true. Maybe the right package hasn't been offered yet??

Here are my thoughts: The Celtics play out this coming season with Rondo. They end their year with a top 7 pick (hopefully top 5 at least). They use that pick along with a combination of other picks and assets such as; Smart, Olynyk, Sully, Young; and put together a package for Cousins.

Trade Idea:

BOS:
Send: Smart, Olynyk, Wallace & 2015 1st
Receive: Cousins

SAC: Send: Cousins
Receive: Smart, Olynyk, Wallace & the C's 2015 1st

Too much to give up for Cousins? Too little?

This trade gives the Kings a young PG in Smart, PF in Olynyk, and possibly a replacement center w/ a lottery pick. The Kings will also have their own pick lottery pick. 
The Celtics get another guy to pair with Rondo, which convinces him to stay.

Kings would also probably entertain the idea of a sign & trade involving Rudy Gay if that's a route the C's would want to take. 

IMO this trade isn't too farfetched since the Kings aren't contending right now!!

What do you guys think?

Re: BOS/SAC Trade
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I think Pete D'Alessandro hangs up the phone.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Agreed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

Offline mdmcdd1117

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
I don't think the Kings owners hangup on the Celtics.  The Celtics have many first round draft picks, expiring contracts, and young talent. As history has proven, anyone can be had for the right price. If Shaq, Chamberlain, and Jabbar can be traded, than why not Cousins?  I would give a couple of first rounders, Smart, Olynk, Bass, and Wallace's expiring contract.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
6 out of 10

I like the idea but that isn't enough. Maybe

Smart, Sully, Bass, Bogans and both Brooklyn 1st for Cousins and Filler/TE.
Even with above Kings could say no because good bigs are hard to come by.

Rondo, AB, Green, Olynyk, Cousins are good starters. Bench could use more help though with just Pressey, Thornton, Young, Wallace, CJ, Zeller, Anthony, Fav. Still not a championship team.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I would not give up smart in any trade sorry.

Sully, 4 1sts, and Expirings

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Agreed.

Thirded.

Only exception is if he knows Cousins is gone, in which case he says "I'll think about it", hangs up the phone, and moves on to the half-dozen or so teams willing to make better offers.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Agreed.

Thirded.

Only exception is if he knows Cousins is gone, in which case he says "I'll think about it", hangs up the phone, and moves on to the half-dozen or so teams willing to make better offers.

Cousins signed a four-year deal last summer and it starts this year.  Cousins can't go anywhere, even if he wants to.  He's locked in for the next four years.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Too lop sided in C's favor.  I doubt it could get us Cousins, does SAC just plan to fold?  Personally, I think Cousins is over rated.   He has shown some knucklehead judgement in Fiba.  Anyone else catch his layup that hit the bottom of the backboard.  I would be leery of him.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Too low an offer. We'd need to give up nearly all of our assets to get Cousins, and I doubt Sacramento wants to move him as he's a young great player at a premium position and could help bring another star to Sacramento.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cousins is overrated. No heart, immature. No thanks

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 07:19:57 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Nobody hangs up the phone. You guys are underestimating the value of the Celtic's 2015 lottery pick. The offer is more than fair to initiate talks on a trade. The question really is, is this enough for Boogie? The problem with involving Bass/Bogans in the trade is that you'd have to make that trade now before Bogans' contract becomes Guaranteed. Or maybe wait until the deadline and trade Thornton w/ bass instead of Bogans. Problem with these ideas are that they will lessen the value of the Cs 2015 pick.

Trading for cousins now will get the Cs in the playoffs:

PG: Rondo/Pressey
 SG: Bradley/Young/(Thornton)
 SF: Green/Turner/Young
 PF: Sully/Wallace
 C: Cousins/Zeller/Faverani

I think the Kings would rather keep Cousins for the year and end up with 2 top 10 picks in the 2015 draft (Cs pick and their own). The Cs 2015 pick will be more valuable than any Brooklyn pick IMO. If we added Brooklyn picks to the 2015 pick, there's a possibility we could even keep Olynyk.

New Trade Proposal:

Smart, Olynyk (Sully>>>Olynyk!!), Wallace, Cs 2015 pick & mayb the Sixers' pick that may turn into two 2nd rounders. (Could also throw in the Clippers pick?)

Nothing more... Not to mention Wallace becomes a minor asset since he would be an expiring the following year. He can be traded for more assets.

Next years team going into Free Agency (assuming Green opts in):

Rondo/Pressey
 Bradley/Turner
 Green/Young
 Sully/???
 Cousins/Zeller/Fav

Cs have the option to offer Bass and Thornton deals or just let them walk.

Don't know how good Monroe/Boogie would play together as far as floor spacing but the Cs would have enough to go after him:

Rondo/Pressey
 Bradley/Turner
 Green/Young
 Monroe/Sully
 Cousins/Zeller/Fav

If not Monroe our roster would be:

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley/Thornton/(Turner)
Green/Turner/Young
Sully/(Green)
Cousins/Zeller/Fav

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 07:27:04 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Nobody hangs up the phone. You guys are underestimating the value of the Celtic's 2015 lottery pick.

How can we underestimate the value of something that is nowhere near close to being determined?  The season hasn't started yet; for all we know, that pick could end up not even in the lottery.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Wallace's contract is not expiring this year.  Why would they want to take on his $10M for this year and the next?

Leave that out of it, and add more value to the offer and maybe they talk.

I disagree with the "hang up the phone" talk.  GMs don't hang up on offers like this.  They chuckle and say, "So, what else have you got to offer?"

There are a lot of pieces Danny could pile onto that offer to make it taste sweeter.  The only question is whether it would be sweet enough before it gets too expensive.

A lot depends on just what Sacramento thinks they can do this year.   Are they going to try to compete?  Are they going to just aim for rebuilding?  They are stuck paying Gay 19M for one more season.   That limits their ability to add enough talent to make a run this year, especially in the West.  But they did commit to Cousins -- if they tank another season is he going to get all grumbly?

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.