Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 Constitutional Convention  (Read 34105 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 Constitutional Convention
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Sorry for the giant post, just wanted to draw everyone's attention to the 6 amendments that we'll be voting on from Sep. 18-21 on the Yahoo! league site.

These amendments have been proposed, discussed and seconded and will therefore be voted on from Sep. 18-21 on the Yahoo! league site.

additions in bold italic red
deletions are bold and struckthrough

Constitutional Amendment #1
Games Played Audit For Non-Playoff Teams (new article)
-------------------------------
Article 7. At the end of the season the commissioner will conduct an Games Played Audit of the 12 non-playoff teams. For each player with either an O-Rank or Season (total) Rank of 100 or better which misses more than 20 games that he plays in real life (i.e. Basketball Reference "games played" minus Y! Team Log "GP" > 20 games) that team shall be penalized 5 post-lottery draft spots. GMs may appeal this penalty to the league. Reversal requires an majority vote (i.e. 11 votes).

Proposed by Gainesville Celtic, seconded by Hpantazo
-- Amended to (a) O-Rank/Rank of 100 (instead of 150) and (b) added appeal provision

Constitutional Amendment #2
Maximum number of NA and Overseas Players (new articles)

Article 19. Begining with the first day of the NBA season, each team may have a maximum of 2 players total listed as NA in the Y! system and/or overseas players as described in #18 above.

Article 20. There is no limit on the number of injured players a team may have on its 16-man roster.

Proposed by Gainesville Celtic, seconded by THE Walker Wiggle
-- Revised to clarify injured players and provide time frame.

Constitutional Amendment #3
Two Day Trade Review Period Instead of One (revised article)

21. In-season trades shall have a two day 1 day approval period, to allow league GMs to review and exercise veto, if necessary. One-third of league GMs exercising veto power (e.g., at least 7) are required to overturn any trade. (Validated by league vote, summer 2012.)

Proposed by THE Walker Wiggle, seconded by Gainesville Celtic

Constitutional Amendment #4
Waiver Order Based on Regular Season Finish (revised article)

22. Waivers will be 1 day and will be by a continual rolling list that does not carry over from year to year. Waiver order is reset at the beginning of each season to the reverse order of the first round of the draft, with the league Finalists from the previous season owning the waiver priority #1 and #2, followed by the highest regular season winning percentage teams from the previous season (except those teams that have improved their draft position based on lottery results), etc.

Constitutional Amendment #5
New GM Trading Moratorium (new article)

8. Upon joining or rejoining the league, new GMs must wait 2 months before trading either their own 1st round pick or any top 50 player (by O-Rank) on their roster.

Proposed by Gainesville Celtic, seconded by The Walker Wiggle

Constitutional Amendment #6
Offseason Moratorium and Expanding When Future 1st Rounders Can Be Traded (new and revised articles)

II. Offseason & Rookie Draft

9. There is a league-wide moratorium from June 1 to September 1, during which no trades will be processed. The moratorium will be lifted once all 20 GMs have confirmed return, any vacancies are filled or September 1, whichever is later.

10. The league will hold a rookie draft each season shortly after the NBA's Rookie Draft in the 2nd half of September.

11. Draft order is determined by the following:

• A lottery will be held to determine the draft order for all 12 non-playoff teams. Each team will get assigned to a corresponding team in the NBA Lottery (where the last place team is assigned to last place NBA team, the second to last to the 2nd to last NBA, and so on). Each of these teams will have the chance to move into the top 3 of the draft, based on the chances of the corresponding NBA teams. As with the NBA draft, picks 4-12 will be in reverse order of finish. Therefore, the worst pick the team with the worst record can finish with is pick #4.
  • Picks 13-18 will be in the reverse order of finish, where the team with the lower winning percentage gets the lower # pick.
  • The league winner automatically gets #20 pick in the draft, regardless of regular season finish, and league runner-up gets the #19 pick.
  • Second round picks will be slotted in the reverse order of regular season finish, regardless of lottery results or Finals appearance.
12. The rookie draft will be held in in the 2nd half of September on the CelticsBlog.com forums. Any GM unable to participate can send the commissioner or a proxy an ordered list of picks to choose from.

13. Teams have 10 minutes to make 1st round picks; 5 minutes to make 2nd round picks.

14. The time listed next to each pick in the draft thread's original post is the time the pick is due. Any GM who fails to post a selection by the deadline and who has not sent the commissioner a sufficient list of preferences will be assigned the highest remaining ranked draft pick based on the results of the actual NBA draft from earlier that summer.

15. Future draft picks may be traded on draft day, butno further than one year into the future. This is also true for trades made after the draft or during the regular season. Picks for the following year's draft may be traded beginning with the lifting of the moratorium as descirbed in Article 9 above.

16. The period from the Rookie Draft to the League Cut Down Date, usually roughly two weeks before the start of the regular season, is the only time that teams may carry more than 16 players.

Proposed by Hpantazo, seconded/reformateed by Gainesville Celtic

There was some discussion around qualifying #5 (i.e. via league-wide vote) -- but as the maker I prefer to just have it a simple 2 month moratorium since league-wide votes have the potential to have a new GM feel like it's personal.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Thanks for remembering. That wasn't fun. Although maybe it does make for a fun footnote that the Walker Wiggle once quit the league over Tyrus Thomas.

This is why you're a better GM than me: the Gainesville Celtics had Mr. Thomas on our roster for our first couple of years... I never thought of simply quitting to get him off our team.

Live n' learn.... 8)

Oh I wish, but history won't judge me so kindly. I was trading *FOR* TT. And not to be refused, I then threw my #1 waiver priority at him. He started maybe three weeks before losing interest and pulling up lame.

Still it was the principal of the matter, GC.

Thanks for the memories, fellas - my first trade in the league was for Ty Thomas and GC's 1st - can't remember who I gave up though. 

And I was the other half of Wiggle's trade for TT that got rules lawyered into oblivion.  THAT WAS MY MID-2ND ROUNDER HOBBS! YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS!

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

22. Waivers will be 1 day and will be by a continual rolling list that does not carry over from year to year. Waiver order is reset at the beginning of each season to the reverse order of the first round of the draft, with the league Finalists from the previous season owning the waiver priority #1 and #2, followed by the highest regular season winning percentage teams from the previous season (except those teams that have improved their draft position based on lottery results), etc.

Question - this goes into effect next year, right?  I'm on the fence about it but there's no way I'd support it if I'm taking away my #2 waiver spot this year.

Thanks GC, thought so but wanted to be sure.  TP
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:37:11 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

Question - this goes into effect next year, right?  I'm on the fence about it but there's no way I'd support it if I'm taking away my #2 waiver spot this year.

If passed any and ALL changes will go into effect for the NEXT possible period -- so yes if this passed it would affect the waiver wire order for Oct. 2015

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Thanks for remembering. That wasn't fun. Although maybe it does make for a fun footnote that the Walker Wiggle once quit the league over Tyrus Thomas.

This is why you're a better GM than me: the Gainesville Celtics had Mr. Thomas on our roster for our first couple of years... I never thought of simply quitting to get him off our team.

Live n' learn.... 8)

Oh I wish, but history won't judge me so kindly. I was trading *FOR* TT. And not to be refused, I then threw my #1 waiver priority at him. He started maybe three weeks before losing interest and pulling up lame.

Thanks for the memories, fellas - my first trade in the league was for Ty Thomas and GC's 1st - can't remember who I gave up though. 

And I was the other half of Wiggle's trade for TT that got rules lawyered into oblivion.  THAT WAS MY MID-2ND ROUNDER HOBBS! YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS!

Here was the deal FWF:

GC trades Tyrus Thomas, Corey Brewer, 2012 #1 pick
RR trades Elton Brand, Drew Gooden, Randy Foye

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Live n' learn.... 8)

Here was the deal FWF:

A fair deal for sure. The only assets of consequnce were Foye for GC and GC 2012 #1 for RR.

RR selected Jeremy Lamb with GC #1, who now plays for the Utah Flash.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Thanks GC, TP again.  I knew it was a vet big man but couldn't find the records.

Live n' learn.... 8)

Here was the deal FWF:

A fair deal for sure. The only assets of consequnce were Foye for GC and GC 2012 #1 for RR.

Mk

Seems hard to believe now but Brand was actually the centerpiece of the deal for GC - he had just come off his last good year, averaging 15 and 8 on 51% shooting with 1+ steals and blocks and only 1 missed game.  I was busy dumping every non-Carmelo (and Jameer!) vet I inherited to rebuild the team.

And Jeremy Lamb will blow up any year now, I'm convinced  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:06:03 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Seems hard to believe now but Brand was actually the centerpiece of the deal for GC - he had just come off his last good year, averaging 15 and 8 on 51% shooting with 1+ steals and blocks and only 1 missed game.  I was busy dumping every non-Carmelo (and Jameer!) vet I inherited to rebuild the team.

Brand has a long and drama-filled off-court history with this league going back to the original draft back before the 2006/7 season. I hope he plays until he's 50.

And Jeremy Lamb will blow up any year now, I'm convinced  :)

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Live n' learn.... 8)

Here was the deal FWF:

Mk

Awww Contrare Mk... as FWF pointed out I did the deal mostly for Brand and Gooden, who both turned in solid stats during the lockout shortened 11-12 season:

Brand: 11 pts, 7.2 reb, 1.6 ast, 1 stl, 1.6 blk
Gooden: 13.7, 6.6 reb, 2.6 ast, .8 stl, .6 blk in

Foye was thrown into a deal later that offseason, with Dorell Wright, Eric Maynor and a 2nd for Joe Johnson and Al Harrington.

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

Live n' learn.... 8)

Here was the deal FWF:

Mk

Awww Contrare Mk... as FWF pointed out I did the deal mostly for Brand and Gooden, who both turned in solid stats during the lockout shortened 11-12 season:

Brand: 11 pts, 7.2 reb, 1.6 ast, 1 stl, 1.6 blk
Gooden: 13.7, 6.6 reb, 2.6 ast, .8 stl, .6 blk in

Foye was thrown into a deal later that offseason, with Dorell Wright, Eric Maynor and a 2nd for Joe Johnson and Al Harrington.

Thanks for bringing that trade up,  I traded for Dorell at the height of his fantasy value, since he was good for 3s, steals, and blocks.  Horrible trade on my part.

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
thanks everyone for derailing the Constitutional Convention thread --- now renaming "The Reminiscing Thread" :)

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I vote yes on Amendment 1

I vote yes on Amendment 3

I vote no on Amendment 4. I would possibly reconsider in the future.

I vote no on Amendment 5.

I vote yes on Amendment 2.

I vote yes on Amendment 6.

I vote for Scotland to be an independent country.

Oh wait. You gotta do it on yahoo. Ok then.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:54:00 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Oh wait. You gotta do it on yahoo. Ok then.

Yeah, this is clearly labeled as the Reminiscing Thread. 

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
1. Voting on the 6 amendments to the league constitution is now up on the Yahoo site. Please vote! I'll keep voting open until Sunday night ~ 10 pm then post the official results in the Const. Convention thread.

A few reminders:

-- If you have a question about a particular amendment and/or it's wording feel free to post in that amendement's thread (see for example YH's question in Amendment 1).

-- Please don't, however, comment on whether you're for or against it in the threads on Yahoo!

-- To pass an amendment must get a majority of 11 out of 20 votes:
9. A majority vote from the 20 GMs (e.g., 11 or more) is required to amend any league rule. (Validated via league vote, summer 2012).

2. The league rookie draft will be held on Thursday, Sep. 25. (probably from 12 noon to 5 pm E.S.T.)

3. Draft order, PM links to all 20 GMs and the list of completed trades can be found in the first post of the 2014 League Thread

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I just had a thought (I know I'm late)

But I propose that the votes cast for veto against a trade are a public vote in a thread,  where after discussion someone can change their vote as long as it is before the trade review period is over.

Fly by anonymous vetoing causes a lot of arguments.