Author Topic: One last real chance at a ring for KG  (Read 4700 times)

Re: One last real chance at a ring for KG
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
kg to wizards...contending team

Yeah this would be fantastic to see but I can't come up with anything workable for the Wizards to send to Brooklyn. The Wiz have two trade exceptions but neither equal KG's money.

Unless they send Andre Miller's expiring and Otto Porter with another filler for one year of KG. Which is highly unlikely. But I would love to see KG there. Adding him to their big man rotation would be stellar.

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd take KG back on the Celtics in a heartbeat and would do this deal with Brooklyn if they were interested.

I'd even give them back one of their picks

Would love to have him back for one final hurrah and also to have another veteran presence on the team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mtnbr3n
All signs are that the Nets want to compete.  They would never make that trade.

And if a pick is included, that means both teams are doing a complete 180 from their thought process of a year ago.

If I'm the Nets I do that trade in less than a millisecond. They want to compete and it makes then more likely to do so, plus they get rid of ISO Joe's contract and KGs "deadweight" (according to the majority of board posters thinking he's completely a waste of space at this point).

Green has an option so basically the Nets get cap space, save 12 mil by replacing Wallace with Johnson. And get 3 competent players of value plus a decent back up center in Anthony.

Yup, which is why I brought that up.

Essentially, Brookly remains competitve, gets cap space and, if need be, get back one of their draft picks.

For the Celts, they get a couple decent veterans to help them compete next season and provide some veteran leadership to the younger guys (well, especially KG.)

IMO, I think the Celts and Brooklyn make very good trade partners.

Plus they still keep DWill and Brook, who are their two biggest draws.

Finally, I think KG would love to finish the final year of his career as a Celtic.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd take KG back on the Celtics in a heartbeat and would do this deal with Brooklyn if they were interested.

I'd even give them back one of their picks

Would love to have him back for one final hurrah and also to have another veteran presence on the team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mtnbr3n
All signs are that the Nets want to compete.  They would never make that trade.

And if a pick is included, that means both teams are doing a complete 180 from their thought process of a year ago.

If I'm the Nets I do that trade in less than a millisecond. They want to compete and it makes then more likely to do so, plus they get rid of ISO Joe's contract and KGs "deadweight" (according to the majority of board posters thinking he's completely a waste of space at this point).

Green has an option so basically the Nets get cap space, save 12 mil by replacing Wallace with Johnson. And get 3 competent players of value plus a decent back up center in Anthony.

Yup, which is why I brought that up.

Essentially, Brookly remains competitve, gets cap space and, if need be, get back one of their draft picks.

For the Celts, they get a couple decent veterans to help them compete next season and provide some veteran leadership to the younger guys (well, especially KG.)

IMO, I think the Celts and Brooklyn make very good trade partners.

Plus they still keep DWill and Brook, who are their two biggest draws.
horrible deal for the C's.  just horrible.
JJ may still be somewhat productive but he's grossly overpaid and on the books for over 23 mill next year.  KG is toast.  loved him while he was here but he's now highly-paid toast.  paid more than Wallace toast.

C's get screwed royally.  All the players they're giving up except Wallace come off the books after this year.  (Green's opting out -- little doubt in that)  JJ is well over double the cost of Wallace the following year AND plays SG -- a position where we're so overloaded as it is-->and you're not thinning that position at all in this deal. 

You've also sent out our 2 primary SFs which leaves us with retread Turner and rookie Young. 

and you want to give them back one of their picks??!!! 

what's the point?  so KG can rot on our bench instead and we can be crippled next offseason by JJ's unbelievably bloated contract?

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
KG 's best chance for another ring?

Buy a box of Cracker Jacks

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd love to see KG on the Spurs, but he makes too much money, and I don't see anyone for the Spurs to trade away. 

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I love KG, would love him to come back for vet min next season LOL... there is NO WAY in heck I would trade anything of value for him at this point. I don't even think he is done, I just don't feel we need him and we need to move forward at this point, he isn't right for us. If we were OKC my opinion would be different.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)