Author Topic: One last real chance at a ring for KG  (Read 4696 times)

One last real chance at a ring for KG
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
I'd love to see KG have one final legitimate shot at a title. So I was thinking what if BKN sent him to OKC for Perk and PJ3?

BKN is desperate for young talent since they sent away all their picks and PJ3 could intrigue them, Perk is still an enforcer with hard fouls to give, and it shaves salary off their repeater luxury tax. OKC doesn't seem to use PJ3 and they want to get away from Perk. KG could do more for them in limited minutes then Perk and Adams could take over the starting role. KG's attitude and fire could really help elevate Durant and Westbrook to the next level I think.

What do you guys think of this trade, I personally feel it's realistic.

Re: One last real chance at a ring for KG
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
KG's contract makes such a move highly unlikely, though.  Personally, even though I'm going to miss him (as I'm sure that all of you are), I think it's time for Garnett to hang it up :'(.  It's tough to go out after scoring 2 points in your final game, but I think it's for the best, sadly.  I don't care what anyone says, Danny should have never traded him and Pierce.  Ever.  They should have retired here, and it's sad that they won't :'(

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:00:05 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
kg to wizards...contending team

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I would love to see KG on the OKC, and to a lesser degree the Wizards.  I doubt that that the Nets really want Perry Jones.  He's worse than Blatche.  And I don't think they are looking for expiring contracts of players like Perk who aren't good players.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd take KG back on the Celtics in a heartbeat and would do this deal with Brooklyn if they were interested.

I'd even give them back one of their picks

Would love to have him back for one final hurrah and also to have another veteran presence on the team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mtnbr3n

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd take KG back on the Celtics in a heartbeat and would do this deal with Brooklyn if they were interested.

Would love to have him back for one final hurrah and also to have another veteran presence on the team

All signs are that the Nets want to compete.  They would never make that trade.

And if a pick is included, that means both teams are doing a complete 180 from their thought process of a year ago.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 11:18:36 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I'd love to see KG have one final legitimate shot at a title. So I was thinking what if BKN sent him to OKC for Perk and PJ3?

BKN is desperate for young talent since they sent away all their picks and PJ3 could intrigue them, Perk is still an enforcer with hard fouls to give, and it shaves salary off their repeater luxury tax. OKC doesn't seem to use PJ3 and they want to get away from Perk. KG could do more for them in limited minutes then Perk and Adams could take over the starting role. KG's attitude and fire could really help elevate Durant and Westbrook to the next level I think.

What do you guys think of this trade, I personally feel it's realistic.

KG and Ibaka would be amazing together. OKC would be all over that; but Nets - not so much.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
kg to wizards...contending team

I don't see a realistic trade scenario for it. The only way is KG getting bought out. Brooklyn trades KG for something useful to a bad team, then bad team buys out KG.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I would like to see KG going to Charlotte. He can revert to his natural position of PF - easily the weakest position on Charlotte's roster right now - and be the defensive anchor that Al Jefferson sorely needs besides him. It'd also be quite an interesting roundabout with KG being paired up with the piece Boston sent away to acquire him. I'm sure it'd also be enormously helpful to the coaching staff to have KG keep Stephenson's head on straight. For the Nets, their direction is a bit baffling right now, but a package of Gerald Henderson and Bismack Biyombo offers youth while keeping them relevant in the now, without crippling their future financial flexibility too much.

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would like to see KG going to Charlotte. He can revert to his natural position of PF - easily the weakest position on Charlotte's roster right now - and be the defensive anchor that Al Jefferson sorely needs besides him. It'd also be quite an interesting roundabout with KG being paired up with the piece Boston sent away to acquire him. I'm sure it'd also be enormously helpful to the coaching staff to have KG keep Stephenson's head on straight. For the Nets, their direction is a bit baffling right now, but a package of Gerald Henderson and Bismack Biyombo offers youth while keeping them relevant in the now, without crippling their future financial flexibility too much.

The Nets' plan is accepting the fact that they don't have any avenues of building a contending team with their current financial situation, so they're looking towards 2016 free agency, when their books should be largely free of all long-term money.

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
how about kg for seraphin? and temple or webster?

imagined
wall beal pierce gortat kg
miller rice jr. porter nene humphries

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 12:03:57 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I see OKC saying, "YES! We will fly Perk and PJ to you in our private jet and pack their bags too!"

KG isn't what he use to be but even KG from last season, with Iblocka? Yes sir! KG wouldn't have to do anything except defend and rebound, he wouldn't even have to hit his jumpers that he needs rhythm for (didn't get enough PT last season to get one), you see what they get from Perk. That would be a good move for everyone except probably the Nets LOL. I dunno, it might not even be bad for Nets if Lopez can stay healthy.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 01:47:40 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
how about kg for seraphin? and temple or webster?

imagined
wall beal pierce gortat kg
miller rice jr. porter nene humphries

Seraphin would have to agree to any trade given that he's signed the qualifying offer.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I get you would want him to get another chance, I do not get why BROOKLYN would give a rat's butt.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

All signs are that the Nets want to compete.  They would never make that trade.

And if a pick is included, that means both teams are doing a complete 180 from their thought process of a year ago.

If I'm the Nets I do that trade in less than a millisecond. They want to compete and it makes then more likely to do so, plus they get rid of ISO Joe's contract and KGs "deadweight" (according to the majority of board posters thinking he's completely a waste of space at this point).

Green has an option so basically the Nets get cap space, save 12 mil by replacing Wallace with Johnson. And get 3 competent players of value plus a decent back up center in Anthony.