Author Topic: Anybody use E-Cigs?  (Read 7166 times)

Re: Anybody use E-Cigs?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 11:01:07 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
so will you gained nicotine in your body? lung cancer?
or anyone died from using e-cigs or something?

e-cigs? safe or not? good? or bad?

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Well countries/health associations etc. right now are trying to study the effects e-cig has.  How it affects the public (if a teen uses it, if they will be on their way to smoke real cigs) but also how it has helped alot of people quit smoking cigs . FDA will not advise to have ecigs banned

Its been out for more than 10 years now and there hasn't been a case where using e-cig alone has caused lung cancer or any other cancer. There has been questions with some eliquid (quality/ingredients) and battery safety (isolated situations of overcharge) in the past , but things/quality have improved rapidly imo.   The eliquids now have better warning labels, childproof caps and using more quality ingredients.  Batteries have more safety mechanisms in place to avoid issues.  Almost all instances where there have been problems with batteries has been related to people using the wrong charger or charging it overnight, when your not suppose to.

Overall , I can't say with a 100 percent confidence ecigs are truly safe.  Bc it's not. But it is safer for the body vs smoking real cigs and inhaling 50 plus chemicals.  Operation wise, no more dangerous than using a cell phone or laptop close to you.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 12:27:58 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

Well countries/health associations etc. right now are trying to study the effects e-cig has.  How it affects the public (if a teen uses it, if they will be on their way to smoke real cigs) but also how it has helped alot of people quit smoking cigs . FDA will not advise to have ecigs banned

Its been out for more than 10 years now and there hasn't been a case where using e-cig alone has caused lung cancer or any other cancer. There has been questions with some eliquid (quality/ingredients) and battery safety (isolated situations of overcharge) in the past , but things/quality have improved rapidly imo.   The eliquids now have better warning labels, childproof caps and using more quality ingredients.  Batteries have more safety mechanisms in place to avoid issues.  Almost all instances where there have been problems with batteries has been related to people using the wrong charger or charging it overnight, when your not suppose to.

Overall , I can't say with a 100 percent confidence ecigs are truly safe.  Bc it's not. But it is safer for the body vs smoking real cigs and inhaling 50 plus chemicals.  Operation wise, no more dangerous than using a cell phone or laptop close to you.
This. I've use to smoke for almost 10 years i tried vaping and stuck to it for almost 2 years now. Started at 10-12 nicotine and now down to 6. Funny (good) thing is weeks after vaping i tried smoking and i can't even finish half the cigarrete. Anyways i've been using provari v2 since the beginning tough and reliable.

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 07:40:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 I had a friend get heart palpitations from smoking the vapor too frequently from the Nicotene.  He had to go to the ER as he thought he was having the big one.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I had a friend get heart palpitations from smoking the vapor too frequently from the Nicotene.  He had to go to the ER as he thought he was having the big one.

I heard this can happen also if you chain vape or use nicotine levels too strong

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

This. I've use to smoke for almost 10 years i tried vaping and stuck to it for almost 2 years now. Started at 10-12 nicotine and now down to 6. Funny (good) thing is weeks after vaping i tried smoking and i can't even finish half the cigarrete. Anyways i've been using provari v2 since the beginning tough and reliable.

Good that you quit smoking cigs. Is provari v2 a mod setup?

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I heard this can happen also if you chain vape or use nicotine levels too strong

Yeah, I am sure my friend was borderline abusing them.   He has COPD and is 43, smokes too much.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Butts and beers have always went hand and hand. In addition to that, I've dipped off and on. Is there anything better than a fat lip, the latest 2K game, and a few hours of free time?

Anyway, while I hardly drink or play video games anymore, I did get a vapor setup to avoid tobacco all together. I got about $30 setup that allows me to change the coil in the tank, the guy at the vape shop where I went to in woburn said that tanks without coil replacement taste burnt after a few weeks of use, so coil replacement is important.

I got a 3 bottles of liquid for $20 and they are all still well over half full, coil replacements (still have 4/6 left) cost about $11. I lasted the entire BBQ/beers (Summer) season and I think I saved a lot of money and chose the far more healthy option.

I like vaping far more than dip or smoking.

- You don't smell or feel like crap after smoking them or the next morning.
- You don't have to brush your teeth 10 times a day.
- 7 chemicals no tar > 700 chemicals + tar.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Butts and beers have always went hand and hand. In addition to that, I've dipped off and on. Is there anything better than a fat lip, the latest 2K game, and a few hours of free time?

Anyway, while I hardly drink or play video games anymore, I did get a vapor setup to avoid tobacco all together. I got about $30 setup that allows me to change the coil in the tank, the guy at the vape shop where I went to in woburn said that tanks without coil replacement taste burnt after a few weeks of use, so coil replacement is important.

I got a 3 bottles of liquid for $20 and they are all still well over half full, coil replacements (still have 4/6 left) cost about $11. I lasted the entire BBQ/beers (Summer) season and I think I saved a lot of money and chose the far more healthy option.

I like vaping far more than dip or smoking.

- You don't smell or feel like crap after smoking them or the next morning.
- You don't have to brush your teeth 10 times a day.
- 7 chemicals no tar > 700 chemicals + tar.

+1. I got this new clearomizer -oniyo vapetank (ceramic dual coil) and works very smoothly.

I dont think i will go on the mod/rebuildable route anytime soon. Just easier for me to replace the atomizer made by the manufacturer

What kind of eliquid are you using these days?

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

I got 3 different kinds:

Pluto by Space Jam - Can be described as watermelon bubblegum.

Jungle Juice by Imperial - I suspect this what they do with their botched batches of fruit mixes, they combine them for this. Almost like a fruit punch, it's pretty good. Came in a bigger plastic bottle so I transferred it to glass.

Cola Gummy by Cosmic Fog - My favorite. Taste like gummy bears.

All of them are 24 on the nicotine level, so I would not recommend them for what you're trying to do, but if you're ever at a point where vapor is manageable then definitely try out Cola Gummy.

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I have never smoked a cigarette. I just think that all addictions, no matter what it is, are beatable. No matter the addiction there comes a point when you just "can't resist." This is the point where you must resist in order to get over the hump. Some people have more of these stages than others, which is the case for most physical addictions (cigs, etc).

E-Cigs are definitely a solid option, but nicotine is still toxic, and you're still addicted to something: the e-cig itself.
I just look at it like this: If someone is try to lose weight, they can't be cooking macaroni and cheese at midnight. But they also can't be heating up a plate of grilled chicken, either. The chicken might be healthy, but it's still calories and it's counterproductive to the goal: losing weight. Totally restricting yourself, really fighting yourself from going and grabbing the food, is a much harder struggle, but it gets you closer to accomplishing your goal of losing weight.
Great points here.

I know I had one friend who literally started spending twice as much money on E-Cigs than he did on Newports.  Obviously this did nothing to cure his addiction and was never able to stop smoking for more than a couple days, no matter how many times his girl made him try.

They are not meant to be sucked on all day long, they are meant for people who are serious about trying to deny themselves so they can "relapse" with it once or twice a day and not be setting themselves back with actual nicotine.  It's really just a fancy oral fixation.

Funny story: when I used to smoke, I never mixed alcohol and cigarettes (whereas everyone else I know says they smoke twice as much when they're drinking).  I never really found cigarettes overly enjoyable when I was sober either, they were just something to do when I was with friends or I was smoking that other stuff.  Just another vice I could spend my money on.  When I realized that was stupid and I didn't want to be a "social" smoker trying to "look cool" anymore, I found out that quitting was extremely enjoyable for me.  Turned out my selective smoking habits were actually a great builder for my will power.  I even kept that last half-full pack in my top drawer as a constant reminder/temptation to test myself.

After that I was inspired to quit caffeine, dessert (all sweet/sugary foods), and my new fad is fasting while only eating 1 big meal per day.  I smoked for around 6 years and been a non-smoker for around 3-4 years now.  My advice might not work for you, but I truly believe the commitment to denying yourself works better for most people (over the long run) than trying an E-Cig that you're always giving in to.  After a little while you get that Marine boot-camp mindset where you're pushed to your limit and it's like, "every part of this sucks, but I'm going to pretend that the suffering is pleasure because it's making me better."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:24:15 PM by mgent »
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Love the background you chose for that picture, JSD.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA

I have never smoked a cigarette. I just think that all addictions, no matter what it is, are beatable. No matter the addiction there comes a point when you just "can't resist." This is the point where you must resist in order to get over the hump. Some people have more of these stages than others, which is the case for most physical addictions (cigs, etc).

E-Cigs are definitely a solid option, but nicotine is still toxic, and you're still addicted to something: the e-cig itself.
I just look at it like this: If someone is try to lose weight, they can't be cooking macaroni and cheese at midnight. But they also can't be heating up a plate of grilled chicken, either. The chicken might be healthy, but it's still calories and it's counterproductive to the goal: losing weight. Totally restricting yourself, really fighting yourself from going and grabbing the food, is a much harder struggle, but it gets you closer to accomplishing your goal of losing weight.
Great points here.

I know I had one friend who literally started spending twice as much money on E-Cigs than he did on Newports.  Obviously this did nothing to cure his addiction and was never able to stop smoking for more than a couple days, no matter how many times his girl made him try.

They are not meant to be sucked on all day long, they are meant for people who are serious about trying to deny themselves so they can "relapse" with it once or twice a day and not be setting themselves back with actual nicotine.  It's really just a fancy oral fixation.

Funny story: when I used to smoke, I never mixed alcohol and cigarettes (whereas everyone else I know says they smoke twice as much when they're drinking).  I never really found cigarettes overly enjoyable when I was sober either, they were just something to do when I was with friends or I was smoking that other stuff.  Just another vice I could spend my money on.  When I realized that was stupid and I didn't want to be a "social" smoker trying to "look cool" anymore, I found out that quitting was extremely enjoyable for me.  Turned out my selective smoking habits were actually a great builder for my will power.  I even kept that last half-full pack in my top drawer as a constant reminder/temptation to test myself.

After that I was inspired to quit caffeine, dessert (all sweet/sugary foods), and my new fad is fasting while only eating 1 big meal per day.  I smoked for around 6 years and been a non-smoker for around 3-4 years now.  My advice might not work for you, but I truly believe the commitment to denying yourself works better for most people (over the long run) than trying an E-Cig that you're always giving in to.  After a little while you get that Marine boot-camp mindset where you're pushed to your limit and it's like, "every part of this sucks, but I'm going to pretend that the suffering is pleasure because it's making me better."
Perfect post. I completely agree.

It's all psychological, really. In many instances all addictions are just formed because of classical conditioning. "Pavlov's Dogs." We all are such habitual creatures, really...and it's hard to just eliminate it, but it's better in the long run more often than not.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You guys must be great fun at parties.  :P
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Love the background you chose for that picture, JSD.

;)