Author Topic: Smart 3rd Highest Rated Rookie in 2K15  (Read 11229 times)

Re: Smart 3rd Highest Rated Rookie in 2K15
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Just so you guys know as I haven't seen it mentioned, the overall rating system has changed this year. Players overalls are now chosen from something like 5-6 overalls they have depending on play style and the highest is chosen. So while Smart's role is probably something labeled defensive he gets a 76 because of high defensive stats. This is also why Jabari is 78, his playstyle is likely scoring which is why he has such a high overall.

Also no 50 is not an average rating, the ratings are like grades. 50 is an F, 75 is a C.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I used to be an avid 2K player and it is still my favorite basketball game (by far), unfortunately I just haven't had the time to keep up with the newer ones.

On the topic of ratings, I agree that to make it more realistic, they should base 'average' on 50 instead of, say, 75. This would make it impossible for anybody to get a 99, or even much less be able to score in the 90s. This isn't to take away from the great players, but to actually create a greater distinction between them and the ratings of regular players.

As for the actual grade of a 75 - this was D in my high school (under 70 was an F). How happy was I when I got to college and had a whole new scale of point with which to work (although anything under a C is useless in college anyway).

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 09:52:14 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
It is a game not a simulation.   I don't expect to to be accurate as it is a video game and not a very realistic one at that.   Though realism has improved through the years.

Oscar Robertson in the early 61-62 should be the only  99 out there because of this:

In the 1961–62 season, Robertson became the only player in NBA history to average a triple-double for an entire season, with 30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Robertson#Milwaukee_Bucks_and_the_.27Oscar_Robertson_suit.27

Wilt should probably be the highest ranked Center given he lead the league in most categories at some point.  Jordan should be up there but I think more like a 93-95 range.
On the topic of the Big O, the only condition attached to Oscar's triple-double season is that the league pace factor was 126. Which isn't to trivialize his achievement, but it does put it into some perspective.

If you adjusted for pace (league average), Oscar would have averaged 23.1 ppg, 9.4 rbpg, and 8.5 apg last season. Which, funnily enough, has still never been done. Conversely, there are probably a few players that would have averaged a triple-double if you gave them more possessions. Again, all things considered, Robertson is still one of the GOATs.
I guess you don't realize how much harder it was to get an assist in the 50s and 60s compared to nowadays.
I'm not sure where you got that from...I'm talking from a strictly extrapolatory standing. If you want to try and factor that in, by all means go ahead.