Author Topic: College football 2014  (Read 10232 times)

Re: College football 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:59 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Isn't Jones a sophmore?

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:59 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
F S Who?

Anyone see the Oregon players doing the FSU chop saying Noooo meannnn's noooo  ?

That was fair. FSU is a joke.

Looks like karma bit Oregon in the butt.

So glad that chump school got what they deserved. The way they acted after beating Florida St was disgraceful.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
F S Who?

Anyone see the Oregon players doing the FSU chop saying Noooo meannnn's noooo  ?

So glad that chump school got what they deserved. The way they acted after beating Florida St was disgraceful.

Yea it was pretty classless what they did to Jameis Winston after they beat him.  Pretty funny that ESPN barely covered it too, if that was FSU it would have been breaking news across the bottom line...

Anyways, What does everyone think of Mariota???  If I am the Bucs, I take a long hard look at Winston, at least he played in a pro style offense for two years.  I know he is a fool off the field but few can match his ability to throw the football on it....

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 08:52:45 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
F S Who?

Yea it was pretty classless what they did to Jameis Winston after they beat him.  Pretty funny that ESPN barely covered it too, if that was FSU it would have been breaking news across the bottom line...

Anyways, What does everyone think of Mariota???  If I am the Bucs, I take a long hard look at Winston, at least he played in a pro style offense for two years.  I know he is a fool off the field but few can match his ability to throw the football on it....

At least fsu didn't see it since they left the field without shaking hands...
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
F S Who?

That's fair??? to say that when the kid was never charged with a crime??  Then the school brought a supreme court judge to over see the case and he didn't charge him in the code of conduct hearing???  I doubt you have read the case about Winston??  But if you did, you would realize that the victim changed her story about Winston about a half dozen times and try to extort 7 million out of him before the code of conduct hearing....

So yea, it's not fair to go on National TV and chant No means No at a 20 year old kid that didn't commit the crime...

You can hate the guy for all the other ticky tact stuff he did ( Crab legs, Screaming in the Cafe ) etc...but I think it's a safe bet that he didn't commit rape....

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
F S Who?

You sorta got to expect stuff like that when you give your player a 4 year long get out of jail free card. The kid makes Charlie Sheen look well behaved and adjusted.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 08:56:20 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
F S Who?

At least fsu didn't see it since they left the field without shaking hands...

Most of them didn't but at Least Winston, Jimbo and Green all went out and shook their hands, so I am sure he saw it...

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
F S Who?

That's fair??? to say that when the kid was never charged with a crime??  Then the school brought a supreme court judge to over see the case and he didn't charge him in the code of conduct hearing???  I doubt you have read the case about Winston??  But if you did, you would realize that the victim changed her story about Winston about a half dozen times and try to extort 7 million out of him before the code of conduct hearing....

So yea, it's not fair to go on National TV and chant No means No at a 20 year old kid that didn't commit the crime...

You can hate the guy for all the other ticky tact stuff he did ( Crab legs, Screaming in the Cafe ) etc...but I think it's a safe bet that he didn't commit rape....
So that's the standard at FSU now? Welllll at leeeeaassst he didn't commit rape. This is by no means a kind of isolated issue at FSU.  Winston is just the latest and most visible. I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon has an issue or two as well.

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Isn't Jones a sophmore?
redshirted so he is eligible.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
F S Who?

So that's the standard at FSU now? Welllll at leeeeaassst he didn't commit rape. This is by no means a kind of isolated issue at FSU.  Winston is just the latest and most visible. I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon has an issue or two as well.

Yeah, I doubt there are very many, if any, top college football programs that don't have some kind of dirt to be found. 

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 09:05:53 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
F S Who?

When did I say that??  I am saying that people call him a rapist, when you look at the facts, it's clear that he wasn't.  I am not talking about other incidents at the school.  I am talking about Winston specifically.  If you think FSU is the only school that has issues then you are crazy!  Look at Florida when Urban Meyer was there??  Hernandez, Pouncy etc...It's with all schools, not just FSU...

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
F S Who?

When did I say that??  I am saying that people call him a rapist, when you look at the facts, it's clear that he wasn't.  I am not talking about other incidents at the school.  I am talking about Winston specifically.  If you think FSU is the only school that has issues then you are crazy!  Look at Florida when Urban Meyer was there??  Hernandez, Pouncy etc...It's with all schools, not just FSU...
I totally agree other schools had issues and Winston probably isn't a rapist. I have to say though, that I have never seen a player in the news virtually every single week for various issues like this one, and I think it's pretty unheard of for former Heisman winners to announce half way through a year they aren't voting for a certain guy.  I would think if you've been in trouble like him you keep your head down, but he just never did

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
F S Who?

I totally agree other schools had issues and Winston probably isn't a rapist. I have to say though, that I have never seen a player in the news virtually every single week for various issues like this one, and I think it's pretty unheard of for former Heisman winners to announce half way through a year they aren't voting for a certain guy.  I would think if you've been in trouble like him you keep your head down, but he just never did

I agree, if you are a logical thinking human being, after the rape scare you would think you would go into hiding but he didn't??  Makes you wonder who is advising the young man??  Even with his immense talent I bet Jimbo is a little happy that he is turning pro....

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
As much as OSU shouldn't have been there it's an instant legend in the first playoff and at least we don't have to listen to how the SEC is the best conference any more

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'd have some serious reservations about taking him #1.  From a pure skills standpoint, Winston is the safer pick between the two. 

I think there is a legitimate concern about Mariota's red zone play.  Something about when those windows tighten up.  He made some awful throws down there last night.  Missed a wide open TE in the flat on third down, a couple of overthrows.   Even watching the Rose Bowl against FSU, he seemed to have some struggles on some throws. 

Winston has an absolute cannon.  I think he has some character/immaturity issues but he is a very solid pocket passer and should translate well to the pros if he can just keep his head on straight.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team