Author Topic: Dark horse trade candidate: Atlanta?  (Read 1857 times)

Dark horse trade candidate: Atlanta?
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I still don't think Rondo will be traded this summer, but for the sake of playing along with rumors, why hasn't Atlanta been rumored as a trade candidate? They've been high on Rondo for a while now, are another star away from being firmly in the Eastern elite, and cleared out a whole bunch of cap space this offseason (including sending away center prospect Lucas Nogueira). So far, they used that cap on... Thabo Sefolosha? There is no way that's their end goal, so why not a trade like:

Boston sends Rajon Rondo
Boston receives Larry Sanders, Dennis Schroder

Atlanta sends Jeff Teague, Dennis Schroder
Atlanta receives Rajon Rondo

Milwaukee sends Larry Sanders
Milwaukee receives Jeff Teague

Re: Dark horse trade candidate: Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
This actually looks like a fair trade for all teams involved.

No matter how much Atlanta like Teague and Schröder, Horford is 28 and Millsap is 29. Their two best players don't have too many elite years left. Rondo would probably make them one the East's best teams. The only question is how Rondo would fair in Budenholzer's offense.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's a pretty fair trade in that no team is really getting screwed, but I don't think it's the right trade for Milwaukee.  They already have Brandon Knight, who might very well just be a younger version of Jeff Teague.  Not sure if they'd be interested in taking on Teague's contract when he's a very similar player to the guy they're still evaluating as a guard in Knight.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's a pretty fair trade in that no team is really getting screwed, but I don't think it's the right trade for Milwaukee.  They already have Brandon Knight, who might very well just be a younger version of Jeff Teague.  Not sure if they'd be interested in taking on Teague's contract when he's a very similar player to the guy they're still evaluating as a guard in Knight.

One thing to remember about Mikwaukee and Teague's contract: he signed an offer sheet with them which Atlanta matched since he was a restricted free agent, so you'd have to think they at least liked him at that money a year ago.

I've felt all offseason, and do still feel, however, that Atlanta is a better landing spot for Green than Rondo.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
5 out of 10

Not big on Sanders so that is 65 cents on the dollar for Rondo to me. I'd expect a first back from Hawks to get to at least 70 cent. That may be the best (70cents) C's can do given the contract situation.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

One thing to remember about Mikwaukee and Teague's contract: he signed an offer sheet with them which Atlanta matched since he was a restricted free agent, so you'd have to think they at least liked him at that money a year ago.

I've felt all offseason, and do still feel, however, that Atlanta is a better landing spot for Green than Rondo.

That was before they traded Jennings to Detroit and received Knight.  Knight wasn't in the picture at that point.

That's not to say they wouldn't trade for a point guard - but not for another point guard whose game isn't very dissimilar from Knight's.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
There is no way I would consider such a trede. Sanders has to proof that he is not overpaid and Schröder is never going to be anything special. Thats not even 50 cent on the dollar to me.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Atlanta would do that in a second...but I don't like it for the Celtics..Sanders is a big question mark right now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would prefer Teague over Schroeder and I would want Atlanta to take on Wallace's contract (especially since we would be taking on two big contracts). I am not sure Milwaukee sees Schroeder as a fair trade for Sanders, but Sanders is overpaid so it's possible.

Also, I am not huge on this trade, but at least it gets a young center prospect (which I am adamant on) and a decent replacement for Rondo.