Author Topic: Trade Idea: Rondo+Green to Dallas Mavericks  (Read 1086 times)

Trade Idea: Rondo+Green to Dallas Mavericks
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Saw this posted on RealGM. I personally would rather pay Rondo $18 million a year over Parsons at his new contract, but it was an interesting idea I hadn't seen before and want to garner peoples thoughts. I'm of the opinion it would almost be better value to let Rondo simply walk and get a pick or two back from a sign and trade with his new team. Depends what you think Parsons is worth. Celtics do this assuming we can't orchestrate any way to get a top 20 player here and thus Rondo has told them he's leaving.

Celtics send:
Rondo
Jeff Green

Mavericks send:
Chandler Parsons
Ricky Leto
2015 first round pick (lottery protected)

Dallas gets a killer point guard and also get a Parsons replacement on similar numbers for half the price in Green.
Downside is Rondo is expiring, and Green has player option, but they get bird rights for Rondo.
Their starting 5 is now:
Rondo
Ellis
Green
Dirk
Chandler.

Again I think I'd actually lean towards letting Rondo walk for a few picks instead of using all that cap room on Parsons.
 Would anyone else here want Parsons new contract? Can't say he's that much better than Jeff Green is he?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Trade Idea: Rondo+Green to Dallas Mavericks
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I personally think Jeff and Parsons are a wash, though I am sure you could argue more for Parsons. Jeff SHOULD have a better season this year and thats when we should trade him, if we do, high not low.

As far as Ricky Ledo is concerned, I thought he was good at Hendricken with Baron. But he literally went to 4-5 schools in as many years. I have heard rumors about his character but that is completely speculation and not first hand. But based on his play....I don't think Id give Phil Pressey for him