Author Topic: Packers Seahawks game  (Read 4554 times)

Packers Seahawks game
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This is the first regular season NFL game. Thru 3 qtrs, it is 10-22 for Seattle.
I thought it would be closer.
Question, is GB overhyped this year?
(Many peg them as SB bound)
Or, did SEA get lucky...
Or is SEA unbeatable?
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Packers Seahawks game
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Now 10-29 thru start of 4th q.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Seattle looks really good. Rodgers can't get anything going through the air right now and Seattle's rush D has shut down Lacy. I still think Green Bay makes playoffs and could win a game or two. They need to prove they can hang with the powerhouses like Seattle and San Fran before I can peg them SB contenders. It really depends. If Rodgers and that offense gets hot come January, they very well could go all the way.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is it me, their uniforms, or do the Seahawks just look leaner and fitter than their opponents? Pete Carroll must have the first strength and conditioning coach in the land.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:25:04 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
This is the first regular season NFL game. Thru 3 qtrs, it is 10-22 for Seattle.
I thought it would be closer.
Question, is GB overhyped this year?
(Many peg them as SB bound)
Or, did SEA get lucky...
Or is SEA unbeatable?

I don't think this game is a good test to answer those questions lol

Greenbay had to start their 3rd string rookie at center who didn't even get 1 preseason game snap(i think) and they lost bulaga in that game, so their o-line was DONE.

AND they lost raji (runstopper) just couple weeks ago and have a guy that got cut by the vikings starting in his place lol

Green Bay could be a SB contender if they had an O-line that could even compete at a college level, defense was shaky as well but I think they will come around as Peppers adjusts to playing linebacker

I still think 49ers, patriots and denver could beat SEA, but i would say SEA is best team in the NFL currently.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Green Bay could be a SB contender if they had an O-line that could even compete at a college level, defense was shaky as well but I think they will come around as Peppers adjusts to playing linebacker
Don't expect consistency from Peppers, not after his past two years and his age.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If Green Bay becomes Super Bowl contender's it'll most likely be because they pulled their best 2012 Ravens impression (only instead of Rodgers pretending to be an elite quarterback, it'll be the rest of the team pretending to be good).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
With the way the NFC is shaping up this year, it could be an easier path back to the Super Bowl for SEA than they had last year. 

I have questions about SF.  It wasn't exactly calm seas over there this past off-season and Kap wasn't exactly looking like a world beater in preseason (yes, I know its still preseason but it still helps).

I'm not sure who else will put up a serious challenge in the NFC.   The east isn't the powerhouse they once were.  Philly is probably the best in that bunch but they're certainly not dominant.  The north is interesting with Green Bay, Chicago, and maybe Detroit but, as we just saw, GB has its weaknesses.  The south?  New Orleans is the biggest threat.   They could be a legit contender to take out Seattle.   

Seattle's worst enemy could be themselves or injuries.   That defense is pretty darn impressive.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I would say this game was a lot closer than the score would indicate. The packers suffered two in-game injuries that were pretty significant (an offensive line man and lacy). The offensive line replacement immediately came in on 4th and 5 and gave up a sack (believe green bay was down 10 at that point in the third quarter with a completion bringing them field goal range at minimum) the same backup then immediately gave up the safety. Bringing in a backup o-line is always hard, but kind of impossible against Seattle. I think if they sort that out and play on a neutral field anythign can happen

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I would say this game was a lot closer than the score would indicate. The packers suffered two in-game injuries that were pretty significant (an offensive line man and lacy). The offensive line replacement immediately came in on 4th and 5 and gave up a sack (believe green bay was down 10 at that point in the third quarter with a completion bringing them field goal range at minimum) the same backup then immediately gave up the safety. Bringing in a backup o-line is always hard, but kind of impossible against Seattle. I think if they sort that out and play on a neutral field anythign can happen
Eh GB's line was awful last year, and the guy who blew out his knee last year hurt that same knee again.

The idea that the GB line would hold up better on a neutral field is dubious to me. Doesn't jive with past performance of Seattle or Green Bay.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 03:02:37 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Eh GB's line was awful last year, and the guy who blew out his knee last year hurt that same knee again.

The idea that the GB line would hold up better on a neutral field is dubious to me. Doesn't jive with past performance of Seattle or Green Bay.

I don't know how the idea that Seattle doesn't play much better at home doesn't jive with you. They have an incredible discrepancy between home and away (I should have said away rather than neutral since the only neutral game is the super bowl).

Look at their games vs San Francisco another top tier team last year
At home primetime obliterated them 29-3 on the road lost 19-17 (and beat them again at home in playoffs albeit in a close game)

It is kind of harder to use stats for Green Bay last year because they played a number of games with Tolzien, Flynn  and others under center so the home/road splits are kind of messed up. That being said they have traditionally played much better at home like all NFL teams.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:22 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The game was def closer, which is what is so scary about them.  If you have to play vs. their defense for a full game, even if you're doing well, you're eventually going to get worn down.  They just look miserable to play against.

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I don't know how the idea that Seattle doesn't play much better at home doesn't jive with you. They have an incredible discrepancy between home and away (I should have said away rather than neutral since the only neutral game is the super bowl).

Look at their games vs San Francisco another top tier team last year
At home primetime obliterated them 29-3 on the road lost 19-17 (and beat them again at home in playoffs albeit in a close game)

It is kind of harder to use stats for Green Bay last year because they played a number of games with Tolzien, Flynn  and others under center so the home/road splits are kind of messed up. That being said they have traditionally played much better at home like all NFL teams.
Seattle's offense has had problems on the road, their defense wrecks people pretty much everywhere.

Green Bay's O-Line has sucked for years and sucked at home or on the road. Given Bulaga hurt his knee again and the struggles last night I don't think that unit is turning it around this year.

Rodgers is awesome and has to make up for poor line play pretty much every game. The game wasn't close at all, the superior team grinding the team with weaker lines to dust.

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 03:48:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Rodgers is awesome and has to make up for poor line play pretty much every game. The game wasn't close at all.

I'd agree.  It wasn't that close. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The game was def closer, which is what is so scary about them.  If you have to play vs. their defense for a full game, even if you're doing well, you're eventually going to get worn down.  They just look miserable to play against.
Yeah.

If Seattle fails its going to be their offense coming up short. Their offense frequently looks better than it actually performs due to the situations the defense puts them in.