Author Topic: Wes Welker suspended for amphetamines  (Read 11529 times)

Re: Wes Welker suspended for amphetamines
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 02:12:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Not enough techno.

Also, I missed this gem of a quote the first time around:
“I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is,” he said. “That's a joke. I don't do marijuana, I don't do drugs. I don't do any drugs.”

"I wouldn't have any ide awhere to get a Molly." Wes Welker, 2014.
Haha, I actually think I missed the rest of the article because I was laughing so hard at that.

He is so full of crap there, but I give props to whoever wrote that for him.  There's basically no chance that he doesn't know what Molly is, or that he's never even heard someone else use it in a sentence.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
latest report is adderall.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
latest report is adderall.
You do know Adderall is an amphetamine?  Amphetamine is just used in titles because it sounds worse and more illegal/harder to get.
Philly:

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That was also in the Post article:
Officially, Welker tested positive for an amphetemine. A source close to the situation said Welker tested positive for Adderall.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
There's a pretty significant difference between Molly & adderall.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hahaha, "No you see, I was just taking a legal prescription drug, I just repeatedly forgot to do the league-mandated notifications or mention it until the day after the story broke.  Also the sample was tainted even though all it detected was the legal prescription drug I was taking."  Sounds legit.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Word on the Twittersphere is that Welker was hoping that the appeal would go through without having to draw any attention to it at all.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I heard a caller this morning say on WEEI that many times adderall will be mix with molly to keep you up and alert I guess . Don't know how true this is , but could explain it. Molly only appears in your system for 1-3 days , and he was tested  a few days after the Kentucky Derby I believe .

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Wouldn't entirely shock me if his drink got spiked with Molly.

As someone who has been there (granted on the infield level, not where Welker was), the Kentucky Derby is an utter sh*tshow. A million things going on.  Lots of debauchery.  Also, one of the greatest sporting events I've been to in person.  So much fun.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do Molly there, either.  Its during his offseason and if he wanted to experiment, the Derby wouldn't have been the worst of places to try it.

When I first read the story, I was like "why would you do Molly around a bunch of old rich people?"  Then I heard a few accounts of the KD and it basically sounds like Burning Man.  I think I might go next year

You should google, and read, 'The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent And Depraved.'

+1 for Hunter S Thompson reference

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

I heard a caller this morning say on WEEI that many times adderall will be mix with molly to keep you up and alert I guess . Don't know how true this is , but could explain it. Molly only appears in your system for 1-3 days , and he was tested  a few days after the Kentucky Derby I believe .

Adderall + other amphetamines are popular things to cut molly/mdma with.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
Well technically Molly is supposed to be MDMA that is relatively free of the MA and other amphetamines.  Though when someone buys Molly they obviously have no clue how pure it is, or that it's not some other chemical combination that mimics the same effects of ecstasy.  I believe I read that only 13% of the Molly confiscated in NY actually contained MDMA.  The term has become more widespread recently (a few years before the Miley Cyrus song, which made it more widespread) and now it's basically interchangeable with ecstasy or anything that produces the same effect.

In my opinion, it's all just to get girls to take something that they don't think is as bad as esctasy because it's more "pure," when it probably does contain the same substance that's in adderall or any of the other amphetamines that are put in ecstasy.

I agree with you that there's a significant difference between the two from a fan's perspective.  It's probably better to have people thinking you used something recreationally rather than that you used something to try and gain an edge.
Philly:

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 05:13:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This whole ordeal raises a few questions for me.

First, at what point in time did "ecstasy" become known as "molly"? In my day we called it "x" or "e". I guess that just shows I'm getting old. But that probably isn't a bad thing. Long since have passed my days of using that garbage. It's fun, but quite dangerous, and not something to be recommended for use by anyone.

Second, really, the Kentucky Derby is a party on par with a common rave? That is mind boggling. Who knew!?

Third, why the hell did I never go to a Kentucky Derby?   That might have been fun.

Forth, what in tarnation was Wes thinking? For a professional athlete who supposedly prides himself on what he puts in his body to take such a dangerous substance, and one for which the composition can vary greatly and usually is cut with all kinds of other substances (besides pure MDMA), just seems flat out foolish.

Wes, you should consider yourself lucky a 4 game suspension is all that came of this.

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
This whole ordeal raises a few questions for me.

First, at what point in time did "ecstasy" become known as "molly"? In my day we called it "x" or "e". I guess that just shows I'm getting old. But that probably isn't a bad thing. Long since have passed my days of using that garbage. It's fun, but quite dangerous, and not something to be recommended for use by anyone.

Second, really, the Kentucky Derby is a party on par with a common rave? That is mind boggling. Who knew!?

Third, why the hell did I never go to a Kentucky Derby?   That might have been fun.

Forth, what in tarnation was Wes thinking? For a professional athlete who supposedly prides himself on what he puts in his body to take such a dangerous substance, and one for which the composition can vary greatly and usually is cut with all kinds of other substances (besides pure MDMA), just seems flat out foolish.

Wes, you should consider yourself lucky a 4 game suspension is all that came of this.

These are some questions that I had too!  I had to look up what was actually in 'molly' and how it was different from e.  And when I did that I was no closer to knowing than when I started because the composition of the drug is never the same. 

My dumb Q of the day:  Is drug testing so infrequent in the NFL that players don't worry about it much?  Seems like a lot of players are getting caught / suspended this year though.  Dion Jordan and Rashad Jones from the dolphins, over 25 players have been suspended for PED's since the end of last season.

And yes, who knew that the Kentucky Derby was such a wild event?

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6h0kyqSRk

Molly is not even X or E, it is largely unknown and only 13%of it  contains MDMA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/health/9-things-molly-drug/