Author Topic: Wes Welker suspended for amphetamines  (Read 11449 times)

Wes Welker suspended for amphetamines
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Wes Welker suspended for amphetamines
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Disappointing.  Doubly so as a Broncos fan.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They digging up dirt to keep him off the field. League is actually trying to protect Welker after word he won't sit out an extended period after his latest concussion. 

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Glad I passed on Welker. Sad I passed on Sanders.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Go figure.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Go figure.
That looks like more than amphetamines!

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Well the word is that his Molly was cut with meth, which is reasonable, both in likelihood and in the fact that MDMA + things would make you want to hand out hundreds to howevermany new friends.

So I heard... from a friend... who tried it once... by accident.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Now Welker's people are denying that report.

Who knows.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Well, not quite:

"I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone who has ever played a down with me, lifted a weight with me, even eaten a meal with me, knows that I focus purely on what I put in my body and on the hard work I put in year round to perform at the highest levels year-in and year-out.

"I have never been concerned with the leagues performance enhancing or drug abuse policies because under no scenario would they ever apply to me, but I now know, that (drug-policy procedures) are clearly flawed, and I will do everything in my power to ensure they are corrected, so other individuals and teams aren't negatively affected so rashly like this.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26454229/wes-welker-suspended-4-games-taking-banned-substance

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well the word is that his Molly was cut with meth, which is reasonable, both in likelihood and in the fact that MDMA + things would make you want to hand out hundreds to howevermany new friends.

So I heard... from a friend... who tried it once... by accident.

My sources inform me that MDMA alone could easily be sufficient for that.

...on a related note, I'd've never thought I'd see "Molly" getting name-dropped in an ESPN headline.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wouldn't entirely shock me if his drink got spiked with Molly.

As someone who has been there (granted on the infield level, not where Welker was), the Kentucky Derby is an utter sh*tshow. A million things going on.  Lots of debauchery.  Also, one of the greatest sporting events I've been to in person.  So much fun.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do Molly there, either.  Its during his offseason and if he wanted to experiment, the Derby wouldn't have been the worst of places to try it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Not enough techno.

Also, I missed this gem of a quote the first time around:
“I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is,” he said. “That's a joke. I don't do marijuana, I don't do drugs. I don't do any drugs.”

"I wouldn't have any ide awhere to get a Molly." Wes Welker, 2014.

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

As someone who has been there (granted on the infield level, not where Welker was), the Kentucky Derby is an utter sh*tshow. A million things going on.  Lots of debauchery.  Also, one of the greatest sporting events I've been to in person.  So much fun.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do Molly there, either.  Its during his offseason and if he wanted to experiment, the Derby wouldn't have been the worst of places to try it.

When I first read the story, I was like "why would you do Molly around a bunch of old rich people?"  Then I heard a few accounts of the KD and it basically sounds like Burning Man.  I think I might go next year

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

When I first read the story, I was like "why would you do Molly around a bunch of old rich people?"  Then I heard a few accounts of the KD and it basically sounds like Burning Man.  I think I might go next year

You should google, and read, 'The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent And Depraved.'

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ha....it's pretty wild.  I think everyone should go once in their life. If, for nothing else, to just cross it off a sports bucket.

I've done the Derby & Belmont.  Still need to do the Preakness which actually sounds like the craziest one of them all.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team