Author Topic: *dusts off idea* Rondo and Green for George and George Hill  (Read 8832 times)

Re: *dusts off idea* Rondo and Green for George and George Hill
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't have a dog in this fight, what I'm saying is that this is, essentially, a cop out from actually articulating your position in light of what EP is asking:

You don't seem to understand that is an opinion. That is not fact.

I have all the right to my opinion that he is 100% when I see the same burst, cuts, lift, speed and defense. But he took bad shots because it was a tank year and they weren't trying to win games.

We both can admit he took bad shots right? So we differ on opinion as to why. Get over yourself. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion. We debate give examples but none of it matters in the end because it is all based on how we think Rondo looked (Healthy vs Not).

That wasn't a cop out. That is the truth. We debate points but in the end if you thought he looked healthy or not healthy than that would determine your opinion.

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wonder if there is any Sport-VU data on Rondo's average and burst speed from 12-13 to 13-14.  Seemed to me like he was dragging his injured leg all year (not as bad later in the season, though), but I'm curious if there's evidence to support it.

Can't find any public Sport-VU data from before 2013-14, but he was traveling at an average speed of 3.9 MPH, equal to Sully, Green, and Crawford, and only faster than Keith Bogans at 3.8.

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
FWF, seems to have the end debate solution that takes opinion out a sports-vu type break down.  That would show if Rondo was healthy in comparison to his his previous form. Still after such an injury there should be a drop because guys tend to never be the same. Don't know exactly how you determine that, maybe a 3 year comparison.

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You won't be able to find any SportsVU data that's available to the public before 2013-2014 because only half the teams in the league (and then only six in 2012) were using them earlier than that.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm aware.  I was hoping that one of the few publicly available features from before last season would've contained this particular info, though.  Especially since Rondo was one of the earliest players covered in said features:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wo_5qG0REvoJ:www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D10%26t%3D129422+&cd=23&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/analysts-starting-track-fastest-players-nba-150028733.html
http://www.stats.com/pdfs/nba_insidethenumbers_drivingtobasket.pdf

All mention certain aspects of Rondo's game, but none of them specifically address his average speed.

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Thanks Endless Paradise, TP for the info.  Do you have a direct link to the speed numbers you mentioned?  Didn't see them in the three links you provided.  (EDIT: Found it on the NBA stats site)

Average speed is probably useful, but susceptible to changes in a player's role, which a new coach could contribute to.  Wish I could see his top speed, or how quickly he gets up to top speed.  It really did seem to me like that leg was dragging and slowing him down.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:03:21 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
George is a young star. He's untouchable unless you're sending back at least a top 5-10 NBA player, which we are not in this deal.