Author Topic: *dusts off idea* Rondo and Green for George and George Hill  (Read 8820 times)

Re: *dusts off idea* Rondo and Green for George and George Hill
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It makes literally no business sense whatsoever for Rondo to help the team tank.  Not only does it hurt his own stock ahead of his upcoming free agency, but if he did actually help them tank, he also helped them draft his likely replacement.  Well played, Rondo.  You might have cost yourself big money on your next contract by helping a team tank so that draft your replacement and be free to trade you.  Genius move.

And it's "silly" to point to statistical abnormalities in Rondo's shooting to suggest that he was playing his way back into shape, yet it's not silly to tell me that I should look for supposed signs of "tanking" in Rondo's facial expressions?  lol, k

So Pierce and all the others who helped teams tank were dumb? It's called helping the team. And it's not like it was his contract year.

Yeah, help this team tank so they could draft your replacement and then trade you at the drop of a dime.

You really think players think like this?  You think they don't understand this is a business?  You honestly feel they say, "I mean, I COULD play well and secure millions for myself, but why do that if I could "help the team" by giving them options to get rid of me in the future?"

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Oh and yes it is silly when the Stat can be used to do only one thing prove he didn't shoot well and take good shots. Lol. Just IYO did Rondo look hurt, out shape, slow or worried. Because if he did then you have the right to believe what you do. But to me he didn't look like any of them so I'm sticking to my opinion.

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
It makes literally no business sense whatsoever for Rondo to help the team tank.  Not only does it hurt his own stock ahead of his upcoming free agency, but if he did actually help them tank, he also helped them draft his likely replacement.  Well played, Rondo.  You might have cost yourself big money on your next contract by helping a team tank so that draft your replacement and be free to trade you.  Genius move.

And it's "silly" to point to statistical abnormalities in Rondo's shooting to suggest that he was playing his way back into shape, yet it's not silly to tell me that I should look for supposed signs of "tanking" in Rondo's facial expressions?  lol, k

So Pierce and all the others who helped teams tank were dumb? It's called helping the team. And it's not like it was his contract year.

Yeah, help this team tank so they could draft your replacement and then trade you at the drop of a dime.

You really think players think like this?  You think they don't understand this is a business?  You honestly feel they say, "I mean, I COULD play well and secure millions for myself, but why do that if I could "help the team" by giving them options to get rid of me in the future?"
Wasn't a contract year. Hello, how many guys go easy year after year then hard in contact year.

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Yes.  He quite clearly wasn't the same player.  And your argument against using stats holds no weight when other players returning from ACL tears have suffered similar struggles in their first few months back in action (see Lou Williams, Brandon Rush, Derrick Rose, etc.).  How Rondo played last year is exactly in line with how many other players have looked immediately post-ACL tear.

Wasn't a contract year. Hello, how many guys go easy year after year then hard in contact year.

This means nothing.  He was returning from a serious injury to a brand new team on which he was given more of a leadership role -- you don't just say, "meh, eff it, not a contract year" in those situations when your free agency is coming up next summer.  You think prospective teams - including the Celtics - are going to look favorably upon Rondo if he's still struggling through a good portion of next season?

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Yes.  He quite clearly wasn't the same player.  And your argument against using stats holds no weight when other players returning from ACL tears have suffered similar struggles in their first few months back in action (see Lou Williams, Brandon Rush, Derrick Rose, etc.).  How Rondo played last year is exactly in line with how many other players have looked immediately post-ACL tear.

This means nothing.  He was returning from a serious injury to a brand new team on which he was given more of a leadership role -- you don't just say, "meh, eff it, not a contract year" in those situations when your free agency is coming up next summer.  You think prospective teams - including the Celtics - are going to look favorably upon Rondo if he's still struggling through a good portion of next season?

LOL you are a funny guy. You could have just said from the beginning, Rondo didn't look 100% to me and I think that is why his shot selection and his efficiency is down.

You don't seem to understand that is an opinion. That is not fact.

I have all the right to my opinion that he is 100% when I see the same burst, cuts, lift, speed and defense. But he took bad shots because it was a tank year and they weren't trying to win games.

We both can admit he took bad shots right? So we differ on opinion as to why. Get over yourself. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion. We debate give examples but none of it matters in the end because it is all based on how we think Rondo looked (Healthy vs Not).

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Your opinion is laughable and illogical. It's honestly that simple.

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This is a good reminder that all opinions are not created equal.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Your opinion is laughable and illogical. It's honestly that simple.
Sure because a guy running around looking healthy isn't healthy. Lol

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

"YOU get a TP, YOU get a TP, YOU get a TP..."

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Please, as if my reasons for my opinion have no ground. Now that is "What is a confirmation bias, Trebek".

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

"YOU get a TP, YOU get a TP, YOU get a TP..."

Clearly some grabbing going on between this two here lol

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I wonder if there is any Sport-VU data on Rondo's average and burst speed from 12-13 to 13-14.  Seemed to me like he was dragging his injured leg all year (not as bad later in the season, though), but I'm curious if there's evidence to support it.

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Please, as if my reasons for my opinion have no ground. Now that is "What is a confirmation bias, Trebek".

You clearly didn't look up what confirmation bias is.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, just that saying "it's an opinion, not a fact" suggests that opinions can't be wrong. Which they can. Indeed, they often are.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

You clearly didn't look up what confirmation bias is.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, just that saying "it's an opinion, not a fact" suggests that opinions can't be wrong. Which they can. Indeed, they often are.

I agree they can be wrong but how was my opinion proven wrong exactly. I said Rondo took bad shots in a tank year. Endless put up stats that showed he took bad shots then he talked about a player wouldn't agree to tank because of $  But plenty of under contract NBA players have. My reasons are legit.
 Rondo looked healthy to me.
 Rondo said he was healthy.
 C's were tanking.
 I don't see a ::) hurt player go out there in a tank season in non contract year.
  C's wouldn't put an All-star player out there hurt in a lost season.

You want to share that guy's opinion fine. But my reasons for my opinion are legit.

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I don't have a dog in this fight, what I'm saying is that this is, essentially, a cop out from actually articulating your position in light of what EP is asking:

You don't seem to understand that is an opinion. That is not fact.

I have all the right to my opinion that he is 100% when I see the same burst, cuts, lift, speed and defense. But he took bad shots because it was a tank year and they weren't trying to win games.

We both can admit he took bad shots right? So we differ on opinion as to why. Get over yourself. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion. We debate give examples but none of it matters in the end because it is all based on how we think Rondo looked (Healthy vs Not).