Author Topic: rondo trade idea (would you do it?)  (Read 5606 times)

Re: rondo trade idea (would you do it?)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
rondo to hornets
kemba walker to kings
michael kidd gilchrist, ben mclemore, and noah vonleh to boston

do you do it?
hell no.

a proven top-flight PG for 2 young players that haven't shown anything yet and a rookie that Boston passed on in this draft?   yuck.   C's will be in the bottom of the lottery in perpetuity until they luck out and get a franchise player.  horrible plan.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
rondo to hornets
kemba walker to kings

do you do it?
hell no.

a proven top-flight PG for 2 young players that haven't shown anything yet and a rookie that Boston passed on in this draft?   yuck.   C's will be in the bottom of the lottery in perpetuity until they luck out and get a franchise player.  horrible plan.

all this stating the obvious, that rondo is an elite point guard, talk has really got to stop.  everyone who goes on this website already knows that. you have to start from the bottom and be a bottom lottery team to rebuild.  its time to face the fact that we are going to get trade rondo because if we dont he is going to walk and we will have nothing to show.  because of this and the non existent market we are also going to get undervalued for rondo.  the deal okc took for james harden was attrocious, but okc took it because it was better than nothing.  name a better, REALISTIC deal slamtheking.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
rondo to hornets
kemba walker to kings

do you do it?
hell no.

all this stating the obvious, that rondo is an elite point guard, talk has really got to stop.  everyone who goes on this website already knows that. you have to start from the bottom and be a bottom lottery team to rebuild.  its time to face the fact that we are going to get trade rondo because if we dont he is going to walk and we will have nothing to show.  because of this and the non existent market we are also going to get undervalued for rondo.  the deal okc took for james harden was attrocious, but okc took it because it was better than nothing.  name a better, REALISTIC deal slamtheking.

I'm way out on Noah Vonleh. I think he's going nowhere.

That said, those are three very young players with very high ceilings. I like the odds that one of them turns into an all-star some day, and I don't think we're going to re-sign Rondo in free agency. I would therefore take this deal if it was the best I had on the table.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
rondo to hornets
kemba walker to kings

do you do it?
hell no.

all you're spouting is your opinion.  it's not fact no matter how much you state it.

the best deal, IMO, is to hold on to Rondo and resign him next year.  There is no need to move him in a panic trade.
we can offer more money than anyone else and the team is in a much better financial position to make the moves to improve the team.
- Bass, Thornton and Anthony are off the books.
- Green is very likely to opt out of his last year based off the contracts Parsons and Hayward got this year
- Wallace is now an expiring deal that can be used as salary filler on a trade for a well-paid player. 
- Sully, AB, KO, Zeller, Smart and Young have a year under their belts to improve their trade value.
- C's will likely have another top 5 pick (or most likely better than that) as well as the Clips pick next year that can be cashed in as well as other picks that are one year closer to being attractive trade chips.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This trade is not make sense for the Wizards. Try harder...

More importantly it makes little to no sense for the Celts.
yes....tp

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
rondo to hornets
kemba walker to kings

do you do it?

I think I would rather leave the Kings out of it and take MKG, Kemba, and Vonleh; however, I don't see Charlotte giving up three lottery picks on rookie contracts for Rondo. I don't think I would be happy trading Rondo for three players either - I'd rather try and upgrade if we are to trade him.
Well it would make more sense if CHA put Bismac Biyombo in and SAC put Stauskus. But still .........

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Wizards trades nene hilario, garret temple, martell webster (to portland)
1st round pick to celtics

Boston receives nene hilaro garret temple 1st round pick of wizards + 2nd round pick of portland or wizards

Portland Receives martell webster in exchange for meyers leonard ( i don't know who sends picks)

Pelicans takes keith bogans (released alexis ajinca) sends cash to celtics

Boston Sends bogans(pelicans) chris johnson and rondo to wizards

Line-Up
Wizards
Starting 5
rondo/wall
wall/beal
pierce/porter
pierce/humphries (pierce starting at 4 or 3 optional)
gortat

2nd unit
miller/rondo
beal/rice jr.
porter/gee/johnson
gooden/seraphin
blair/seraphin/leonard

wizards signed alonzo gee

Boston
Staring 5
bradley/smart
thorton/bradley/young
green
nene
sully

2nd unit
smart/temple/pressey
thorton/turner/babb
wallace/turner
kelly/bass
zeller/kelly

faverani 3rd big
released joel anthony

can rondo and wall play together as they are both pg's?
beal played 2nd unit SG last season in some games
can wall play SG?

I would rather just let Rondo expire than take that as our haul.  We have a boatload of 1st round picks, we don't need Nene if Rondo is being traded, and the rest is just someone else's trash.  What is in it for the C's?