Author Topic: Rondo trade idea IF he actually wants out  (Read 4544 times)

Rondo trade idea IF he actually wants out
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I for one have never been for trading rondo like most on this board are but if he actually does want out and won't resign I'm definitely a believer of getting something for him rather than letting him walk for nothing. With that being said I think a good trade partner could be the pistons. Something like Monroe and Jennings for rondo plus a filler isn't that bad of a return plus I think it helps both teams. Detroit can put Smith back at his natural PF position and with rondo running the show I think Smoov would be much more productive. We could also add in Jeff green to the deal since many on here think he should be shipped out anyways and would fill a big hole at sf for Detroit.

A starting lineup of rondo, butler, green, Smith, and Drummond is pretty good in the east.

What you guys think?
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Re: Rondo trade idea IF he actually wants out
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Rondo for Monroe makes sense for both teams.
I don't know why it hasn't happened yet.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Rondo for Monroe makes sense for both teams.
I don't know why it hasn't happened yet.

no it doesn't, Rondo is a top 5 PG in the league , Monroe is basically a taller Sully. He doesn't add anything to the team we don't already have . Not a rim protector, not a true center .

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:56:35 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
To me Monroe is more of a center than power forward. He clogs up the court too much at pf and isn't really a pick n pop or spot up shooter type player which is why the pistons didnt have success with him and drummond. Not the best rim protector I agree but I think it's an upgrade on what we have now
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:11:33 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Saw this article online

http://thedailydribbleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/potential-landing-spots-for-rajon-rondo/

If we could really get that package from the Thunder, what is the hold up?  I would love Ibaka on this team, especially because he could help recruit his country man Marc Gasol next offseason.

2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Saw this article online

http://thedailydribbleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/potential-landing-spots-for-rajon-rondo/

If we could really get that package from the Thunder, what is the hold up?  I would love Ibaka on this team, especially because he could help recruit his country man Marc Gasol next offseason.

I saw that too.

Yeah Ibaka would actually be a really good return for Rondo (unlike the rumored Sactown deal)

I do wonder if OKC would consider something like Rondo, Green, Bass and picks for Reggie Jackson (who I also really like) and Ibaka?

Probably not as I think Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka are untouchable, but I do wonder.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
I for one have never been for trading rondo like most on this board are but if he actually does want out and won't resign I'm definitely a believer of getting something for him rather than letting him walk for nothing. With that being said I think a good trade partner could be the pistons. Something like Monroe and Jennings for rondo plus a filler isn't that bad of a return plus I think it helps both teams. Detroit can put Smith back at his natural PF position and with rondo running the show I think Smoov would be much more productive. We could also add in Jeff green to the deal since many on here think he should be shipped out anyways and would fill a big hole at sf for Detroit.

A starting lineup of rondo, butler, green, Smith, and Drummond is pretty good in the east.

What you guys think?
you stole my icon !
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Saw this article online

I saw that too.

Yeah Ibaka would actually be a really good return for Rondo (unlike the rumored Sactown deal)

I do wonder if OKC would consider something like Rondo, Green, Bass and picks for Reggie Jackson (who I also really like) and Ibaka?

Probably not as I think Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka are untouchable, but I do wonder.

I dont imagine they would give up Ibaka for Rondo when they already have Jackson and Westbrook.  I think the best we do for Rondo is Rondo and Wallace to Detroit for Monroe, Jennings and a 1st. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hahahahahahaha, that Thunder trade proposal is absolute garbage for OKC.

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
that Thunder trade proposal is absolute garbage for OKC.

Agree, they hang up but I am sure that we would be all over that one.  I think Rondo might like it more if he could play with Perk again as they are good friends.

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rondo wouldn't be playing with Perkins again, though.  Perkins would be coming over to Boston.  Because I guess the Thunder are so desperate to get rid of Perkins' expiring contract that they'll trade away their defensive anchor and a future first round pick for a lesser PF in Brandon Bass (who's expiring) and an expiring Rondo who they'd then have to re-sign to make the deal even remotely respectable.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rondo won't resign with Pistons

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rondo wouldn't be playing with Perkins again, though.  Perkins would be coming over to Boston

I can read and got that unlike some others in the forum.  I stated " I think Rondo might like it more "  maybe you missed that?

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Monroe is fine, but I don't think that I could enjoy watching the Celtics with Jennings as the point guard.  Horrible.