Author Topic: Why all these Celtic trade rumors?  (Read 4114 times)

Why all these Celtic trade rumors?
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:06:54 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
It seems there is a never ending stream of Celtic trade rumors or talk. First it's Rondo and the Jackie M. article, before then KO, Bass, Jeff Green, Wallace, Sullinger, Bogans for cap space, the picks for ..... yada, yada. 

These trade rumors are an epidemic in the NBA.  Almost like its an integral part of NBA folk lore.  The Press makes sure every team goes through the same process.  To make matters worse the GM's and/or their associates feed this endless frenzy. Sure we hear of trade rumors in all sports.  It's just seems we hear so much more it when it comes to the Celtics (and other NBA teams).  Maybe in Jackie's case Rondo said something to someone who talked to someone.......

The Patriots traded away Logan Mankin.  He was one of their best players. Yet, his name didn't pop up on any news story previous to the trade.  The Red Sox made major moves getting rid of many of their top players.  Again, it came a as a complete surprise that so many players were let go even though trades are common at the trading deadline.  I'm not saying we don't hear about trade rumors in other sports.  Many of us expected the Mallett trade.  Rumors were swirling throughout the preseason. 
I just wonder why all these NBA rumors?  And, why do other teams leak information that this player or that player is being shopped around.  If you have integrity you don't reveal this information.  It undermines the team or teams these players are on. 

Re: Why all these Celtic trade rumors?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We have an awful team. What else is the media supposed to talk about.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
for one thing, it is the off season and there is almost nothing going on worth talking about. so, rumors become the gist for dozens of threads on dozens of blogs.

i am not sure there is currently an unusual plethora of rumors at the moment as much as any rumor creates a tsunami of posts on an ocean of blogs. sea?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I just wonder why all these NBA rumors?  And, why do other teams leak information that this player or that player is being shopped around.  If you have integrity you don't reveal this information.  It undermines the team or teams these players are on.

It generates buzz.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:00:50 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
integrity and journalism......

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Because the Sox are in last place and the Patriots are just about to start up, and when that happens no one will care about the Celts.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Money - ads, salaries, internet hits, Twitter followers......Do u think Blakely or Jackie or Hoopsworld or Realgm or Bulpett get paid without this?  They feed each other.  99% of it is nothing but lies.  These people earn their living by spreading lies and gossip.  The agents and GM's and the media are all sharing an orgy.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:28:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Its fun plus I have no life  ::)
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
FINALLY, somebody willing to stand up and say why they come to CelticsBlog.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is the offseason.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Media organizations and figures generate the kind of content that people pay attention to, because it makes them more money. 

Sports fans pay attention to trade rumors, especially in the offseason when there aren't games to watch.  Interest is so high that, as we see all the time on this site, if the organized sports media isn't feeding em to us we just make some up on our own.  It's not any more complicated than that.

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I have fun shooting down bad trade ideas* so I thank all forum posters who have no life for proviging me with some entertainment.

*This should not be taken as a claim that Birdman posts bad trade ideas.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Because Boston is in a transition period and either needs to go all in or go full on rebuild.  Either direction will require a lot of player movement.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 08:50:56 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
It seems there is a never ending stream of Celtic trade rumors or talk. First it's Rondo and the Jackie M. article, before then KO, Bass, Jeff Green, Wallace, Sullinger, Bogans for cap space, the picks for ..... yada, yada. 

These trade rumors are an epidemic in the NBA.  Almost like its an integral part of NBA folk lore.  The Press makes sure every team goes through the same process.  To make matters worse the GM's and/or their associates feed this endless frenzy. Sure we hear of trade rumors in all sports.  It's just seems we hear so much more it when it comes to the Celtics (and other NBA teams).  Maybe in Jackie's case Rondo said something to someone who talked to someone.......

The Patriots traded away Logan Mankin.  He was one of their best players. Yet, his name didn't pop up on any news story previous to the trade.  The Red Sox made major moves getting rid of many of their top players.  Again, it came a as a complete surprise that so many players were let go even though trades are common at the trading deadline.  I'm not saying we don't hear about trade rumors in other sports.  Many of us expected the Mallett trade.  Rumors were swirling throughout the preseason. 

have you seen our roster?

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:19:59 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
season hasn't started yet, media almost has nothing to cover besides actual reports and creating their own rumor.

I say the summer is the hardest season to bear with because there's no football or basketball. My friends and I usually call it rumor season