Author Topic: Let the Rondo trade proposals begin!  (Read 7929 times)

Re: Let the Rondo trade proposals begin!
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Begin?

I was just meaning since the "report" on him wanting out.
Except you really mean since the "rumor" came out.

And the first rumor of Rondo wanting be on a title contender was a longgggg time ago.  Thus why people are joking with you for making a thread to start a discussion that hasn't had a break for as long as I can remember.

The word "report" being in quotation marks pretty much implies that I was taking it as a rumor. :) And I've seen several individual posts with Rondo trades, but I haven't seen one with as many different ideas and proposals as this one. It's the dog days of the NBA summer; what else is there to talk about? lol

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Rondo, Green and two firsts for Greek Freek and Henson

??????

What?!?!?!?

I know - I actually got physically nervous when reading that proposal (shortness of breath, heart beating faster, etc).

lol that would be the best of all of these proposals. As if the Bucks are giving up Giannis and Henson for our expiring veterans. In our dreams!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

??????

What?!?!?!?

I know - I actually got physically nervous when reading that proposal (shortness of breath, heart beating faster, etc).

lol that would be the best of all of these proposals. As if the Bucks are giving up Giannis and Henson for our expiring veterans. In our dreams!

Then it's best to keep rondo then

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
Quote from: Rondo9 link=topic=73391.msg1730 :'311#msg1730311 date=1409530906

??????

What?!?!?!?

Sorry typo meant to put Knight instead if the Greek Freek.  :'(

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

??????

What?!?!?!?

That's even worse.

Rondo AND Green AND not one 1st rounder but TWO for Knight and Henson? What part of the game is that?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 09:30:10 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett

??????

What?!?!?!?

That's even worse.

Rondo AND Green AND not one 1st rounder but TWO for Knight and Henson? What part of the game is that?

How is it crazy to trade to vets that probably will leave next year and two first rounders for two good young prospects.

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
My friend who's a Lakers fan wanted to trade Boozer and Nash for Rondo.

HAH instant phone hangup! Randle, Nash, and Lin, as well as taking on Gerald Wallace's contract or no deal!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

??????

What?!?!?!?

That's even worse.

How is it crazy to trade to vets that probably will leave next year and two first rounders for two good young prospects.

Lol...... The fact that we're trading the two best player in the deal BY FAR. BY FAR. And two of our own first rounder for two guys who hasn't done jack. But lets do it. Their "prospects"
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett

??????

What?!?!?!?

That's even worse.

Lol...... The fact that we're trading the two best player in the deal BY FAR. BY FAR. And two of our own first rounder for two guys who hasn't done jack. But lets do it. Their "prospects"

I would argue that Knight is definitely better than Green right now. Here is his per 48 min stats compared to Rondo.

21.5 points, 5.3 reb, 5.9 assists for Knight vs. 14 points, 6.6 reb, 11.8 assists

Also you could argue Henson is better than Green.

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

??????

What?!?!?!?

That's even worse.

I would argue that Knight is definitely better than Green right now. Here is his per 48 min stats compared to Rondo.

21.5 points, 5.3 reb, 5.9 assists for Knight vs. 14 points, 6.6 reb, 11.8 assists

Also you could argue Henson is better than Green.

Those stats are incorrect.

Per 48, Knight averages 26 pts on 42% shooting, which is nothing special.

Per 48, Rondo averages 14 assists with 4.8 turnovers, which is elite.

Mike