Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67058 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I just don't see why we would wait. I think once the losing starts again Rondo will eventually get sick of it and end up leaving. Rondo is Kobe level competitive and suffering through 4-5 losing seasons (including this prior season) isn't going to sit well with him, IMO.

One reason to wait is because it isn't guaranteed that the losing will start again.  There is a non-zero chance that the Celtics make the playoffs.

I am just speaking about what I think the most likely scenario is, which is why I'm in favor of trading Rondo sooner rather than later. If we have another abysmal season do you really believe Rondo will intent on sticking around and wasting away his prime with a bunch of kids?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2014, 08:26:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I just don't see why we would wait. I think once the losing starts again Rondo will eventually get sick of it and end up leaving. Rondo is Kobe level competitive and suffering through 4-5 losing seasons (including this prior season) isn't going to sit well with him, IMO.

One reason to wait is because it isn't guaranteed that the losing will start again.  There is a non-zero chance that the Celtics make the playoffs.

I am just speaking about what I think the most likely scenario is, which is why I'm in favor of trading Rondo sooner rather than later. If we have another abysmal season do you really believe Rondo will intent on sticking around and wasting away his prime with a bunch of kids?

It depends on if Ainge can line up some intriguing transactions in the summer of 2015.  I am willing to wait and see.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
have not read this thread, but seems that subsequent news releases from the Herald, et. al. makes Jackie M the net loser here.  I think she loses some credibility. The fact that she also mistakes Isiah Thomas still being with the Kings evidence that she has lost  something on her fastball.   I have great respect for her career, groundbreaking, really, but still, gotta call it like it is.

« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Am I the only one that now badly wants to see Rondo win a ring here in Boston after this Jackie MacMullen debacle?

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Am I the only one that now badly wants to see Rondo win a ring here in Boston after this Jackie MacMullen debacle?

All the "trade Rondo" threads before this were sufficient motivation.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

I just don't see why we would wait.

Because Rondo is more attractive to free agents than anything he's going to bring back in a trade.  Because having a guy who's won a title and been to the Finals twice is good for young players who don't know how to win in the NBA.  Because Rondo's trade value is at an all-time low.  Because you think this team as is, with a healthy Rondo, improved Sully and KO, 3 real centers on the roster and bench upgrades with Smart and Turner, could compete for a playoff spot next season.

Mike

« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
have not read this thread, but seems that subsequent news releases from the Herald, et. al. makes Jackie M the net loser here.  I think she loses some credibility. The fact that she also mistakes Isiah Thomas still being with the Kings evidence that she has lost  something on her fastball.   I have great respect for her career, groundbreaking, really, but still, gotta call it like it is.

Clearly you didn't watch the video, and have never made a mistake about a roleplayer on another team.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Don't know if this has been posted.

http://deadspin.com/jackie-macmullan-strongly-believes-rajon-rondo-wants-ou-1629077591

From the comments:

"Rajon Rondo may be the single most overrated professional athlete of the last decade."

;D

That was obviously BballTim
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Who does Isaiah Thomas play for? 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2014, 10:53:46 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Trade his arse and be down with it!
comentary here is better appreciated when accompanied with reasoning, explanation, logic, and stats. feel free to add any of these to your insights.

Yes it is my friend..
After Celts missed on Love I believe the only way you can rebuild is to continue the draft pik / youth movement and salary dump.
Rondo is a good player, not a great player to build around or offer a max contract.

Continue the purge while moving towards the free agent class of 15.
With any luck 2016 Nets pik could be a steal

Rondo is not an impediment if your goal is making a splash in the 2015 free agent market.

No but I don't want to finish outside the top few prospects just so we can all watch Rondo play one more year with us then leave for another team in the offseason.

Thank you!
Rondo is gone via trade or free agency. There should be enough coin next summa to bring in two legit players to pair up with smart and kelly o

« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
My suspicion is that Rondo has told the team that he wants out if the team is going to undergo a long-term rebuild, that Ainge is not committed to the idea of a long-term rebuild and still wants to try and put together a contender with moves in the summer of 2015, and that Jackie Mac probably thinks that a long rebuild is a foregone conclusion so her mindset is that Rondo wants out because the team is going to undergo rebuilding.

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

I just don't see why we would wait.

Because Rondo is more attractive to free agents than anything he's going to bring back in a trade.  Because having a guy who's won a title and been to the Finals twice is good for young players who don't know how to win in the NBA.  Because Rondo's trade value is at an all-time low.  Because you think this team as is, with a healthy Rondo, improved Sully and KO, 3 real centers on the roster and bench upgrades with Smart and Turner, could compete for a playoff spot next season.

Mike

Rondo is a head case. His captain title is a joke. Birthday bash last season nailed it.
Closer u get to free agency with this player his value declines.
Get the max trade value before the season starts and be done with it.
Call LA call Houston call f#cking Santa Claus and get it done before Stevens is again left out to dry by this disgruntled vet.

Youth baby! Losing out on love just turned this into a full blown youth movement rebuild.

« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:25 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Not sure about Jackie's comments. Vacuum for NBA news might be playing a role here.

On the whole I can't imagine Rajon Rondo holding onto a lot of hope for the '15 or '16 Celtics...do you? His contract is up and there will be a group of suitors willing to cough $$ and title chances.

Things have not gone well over the last two seasons. The team has been 26-47 with him starting (or thereabouts) and this year? More of the same as his GM fields nothing much beyond a lot of rookies and role players....including the #6 overall draft pick who just so ever so shockingly happens to play Rondo's position.

I have no idea if Rondo has stated he wants to be traded, but, having looked at the trend of the last two seasons and what is coming? You could hardly blame him.

« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
My suspicion is that Rondo has told the team that he wants out if the team is going to undergo a long-term rebuild, that Ainge is not committed to the idea of a long-term rebuild and still wants to try and put together a contender with moves in the summer of 2015, and that Jackie Mac probably thinks that a long rebuild is a foregone conclusion so her mindset is that Rondo wants out because the team is going to undergo rebuilding.

I'd hate to lose Rondo, but Danny will trade him in a heartbeat.  He's been getting the Ray Allen treatment for pretty much his entire career, which is disgusting, imo, but if he's gone :'(, why not do something like this? - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=od8lx8w

Sure, on the surface it doesn't make sense, but if Smart is our point guard moving forward, at least we'd be able to free up an ass-load of cap room.  Actually, every team in this trade would.  Now, I would have included Thornton instead of George Hill, but he can't be traded with other players.  Boo haha.  It could work out well for the Knicks as well, because Hill isn't a traditional point guard, but he is a pretty good defender and excellent shooter, which is what that system demands from said position.  Acquiring Amare, Scola, and Copeland don't make sense, but at least we save some dough lol.  Indiana does as well, which is big for them, and a backcourt of Rondo and Shumpert is more than an adequate replacement for Hill and Stephenson, and Bass would be a huge upgrade over Scola, especially defensively, and he's an expiring contract.  Retaining those players would be critical for the Pacers moving forward, but something tells me that Bird won't make the same mistake that he made with Lance again.  New York is willing to trade Shumpert, although I don't have the faintest idea why, and Bogans gives them more cap space, even though I hate Phil Jackson haha.

To repeat, I really don't want to trade Rondo, but I just know that Ainge will do it.  If he can trade Pierce and, to a lesser extent because he didn't play his entire career here, KG, then anything's possible (and no, I didn't do that intentionally haha).  All right, have at it.  Rip me apart ;D

What about this? - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mmsotzr  Come on, let's gut the whole thing while we're at it ;D

« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:10 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
2:58pm: An ESPN spokesperson released a statement to Hoops Rumors via email explaining why the video was removed.

?Around the Horn producers felt they had put Jackie in a difficult position since the discussion was being characterized externally as reporting rather than as an informed conversation among our panelists. For this reason, the decision was made to remove the video,? the statement read.