Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67069 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't think anyone knows right now what decisions Rajon Rondo is going to make about his basketball future, including Danny Ainge, Bill Duffy, his mom, and probably even Rajon himself.  And, I definitely don't think Jackie Mac, A. Sherrod, Cornbread Maxwell, Sean Grande, or any of the other gossip collectors know with any certainty.

Rajon's a fairly inscrutable dude.  Has been for awhile.  That's probably what drives them so nuts about him.  They like a simple story in black and white.  He rarely gives them that. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:21:56 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Trade his arse and be down with it!
comentary here is better appreciated when accompanied with reasoning, explanation, logic, and stats. feel free to add any of these to your insights.

Yes it is my friend..
After Celts missed on Love I believe the only way you can rebuild is to continue the draft pik / youth movement and salary dump.
Rondo is a good player, not a great player to build around or offer a max contract.

Continue the purge while moving towards the free agent class of 15.
With any luck 2016 Nets pik could be a steal

« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
comentary here is better appreciated when accompanied with reasoning, explanation, logic, and stats. feel free to add any of these to your insights.

Yes it is my friend..
After Celts missed on Love I believe the only way you can rebuild is to continue the draft pik / youth movement and salary dump.
Rondo is a good player, not a great player to build around or offer a max contract.

Yes the rebuilding plan is based on luck. Sorry I much rather do what Danny is doing and stay competitive while being flexible at the same time.

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Yes it is my friend..

Rondo is not an impediment if your goal is making a splash in the 2015 free agent market.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Yes it is my friend..

Rondo is not an impediment if your goal is making a splash in the 2015 free agent market.

No but I don't want to finish outside the top few prospects just so we can all watch Rondo play one more year with us then leave for another team in the offseason.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Rondo is denying he wants out , why doesn't he just resign?
Because he can be paid more as a free agent.

Well he is denying he wants out but will end up leaving.
Danny is not going to overpay for rondo unless he plays like he did 3 years ago and helps the celts make the playoffs . what are the chances this happens??

The odds on his knee continuing to improve as he gets farther from the injury would be pretty high, and the odds of his play improving as that happens are very high.

Yes but can the celtics make the playoffs?? 

The celtics don't make the playoffs

Rondo: not staying.  Can't wait until the celts find a dancing partner , a FA dying to come here to play. Want to a win a championship now + plus get paid

Ainge/Celtics:  Pay Rondo near max money, but he can't lead the team into the playoffs. Hard to say that another key vet will get this team going somewhere.    Likely to offer a deal similar to what Lowry got from Toronto, 13-14 million a year max.

Unless danny can pull some magic via trade/FA , Rondo plays out of his mind and carries this team into the playoffs or Rondo is willing to accept a discount to stay, Rondo is not likely a Celtic for next season.

So tell me Tim, what are you hoping will happen?

I'm just waiting to see how things play out. Obviously I'd hope that we end up with a relatively quick turnaround instead of an extended stay at the bottom. I'm pretty sure that's what Ainge is still hoping for as well. I'd also guess that Danny's opinion of Rondo is significantly higher than yours so you'd need to figure that into your predictions. Also that Danny's probably already offered Rondo almost $14M a year in an extension and he expected Rondo to turn it down because it's less than he'll get in his next contract, so I don't think that part of your scenario isw very accurate either.

Basically , both sides are committed to nowhere.   Lets see who has more chips in the end and lets see who wins.   

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Yes it is my friend..

No but I don't want to finish outside the top few prospects just so we can all watch Rondo play one more year with us then leave for another team in the offseason.

How are you going to attract free agents if you don't have any star players?

« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown

Yes it is my friend..

It doesn't seem that there will be another star of Love's caliber on the move for a while. I would prefer the player development route.

« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Yes it is my friend..

It doesn't seem that there will be another star of Love's caliber on the move for a while. I would prefer the player development route.

I would prefer, to keep Rondo who's a star and develop my young talent under Rondo.

« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Yes it is my friend..

You know that next year isn't the last draft, right?  They'll be one the next year and the next and the next, etc.

Mike

« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Don't know if this has been posted.

http://deadspin.com/jackie-macmullan-strongly-believes-rajon-rondo-wants-ou-1629077591

From the comments:

"Rajon Rondo may be the single most overrated professional athlete of the last decade."

;D

« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown

Yes it is my friend..

You know that next year isn't the last draft, right?  They'll be one the next year and the next and the next, etc.

Mike

I just don't see why we would wait. I think once the losing starts again Rondo will eventually get sick of it and end up leaving. Rondo is Kobe level competitive and suffering through 4-5 losing seasons (including this prior season) isn't going to sit well with him, IMO.

« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2014, 08:10:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I just don't see why we would wait. I think once the losing starts again Rondo will eventually get sick of it and end up leaving. Rondo is Kobe level competitive and suffering through 4-5 losing seasons (including this prior season) isn't going to sit well with him, IMO.

One reason to wait is because it isn't guaranteed that the losing will start again.  There is a non-zero chance that the Celtics make the playoffs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference