Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67089 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2014, 11:57:21 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The thing about debating with you Tim is that I always find myself forgetting what my initial point was. What were we talking about again?

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2014, 12:01:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
So sick of the Jackie Mac ass kissing on here . It's like she is untouchable when she comes out with something like this . She hasn't been in the inner circle of the celtics for a number of years, and writes and works for ESPN now , the same company that makes up Rumors and titles it with " Source says" all the time .

I am sure she is a fine writer and had connections in the C's heyday of the Bird era , but she has been saying this about Rondo for a number of years now, and it hasn't happened yet .

Rondo has says on numerous occasions that he loves Boston and wants to stay here , yet people just dismiss it as if it means nothing.

I am not saying that Rondo won't be traded , but we have been hearing this for 5+ years .

The only time I am aware of Danny offering Rondo in a trade was for CP3 and Steph Curry, both top 10-15 players in this league. Danny is a smart GM and isn't trading Rondo for Ben McLemore and filler .

Yet a lot of people on here have this weird obsession with anything Jackie Mac says , as if she is above it all , and can't possibly be wrong .

Resembles your relationship with Rondo...

Ye that's why I admitted Rondo could be traded in my post .

I want what is best for the franchise. Rondo is a great player and leader on the court

Remember this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE

or this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8

or this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NZiiELmFCY

He is a difference maker in big games ,  but needs the talent around him . SO with all the chips we are collecting wait until at least the deadline to see if we can use our chips( Sully, KO,Smart, picks )  could gain enough value to land someone like Marc Gasol who will become a free agent next year .  Or clear enough cap room (Green,wallace) to sign Gasol(Aldridge) type outright.

I see no rush in moving Rondo, we hold his bird rights if we just hold onto him, a lot can change in a year ....

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The thing about debating with you Tim is that I always find myself forgetting what my initial point was. What were we talking about again?

Rondo

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder what Jackie will say next.

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

She'll stand by her comments and her source. Bet 20 TPs to first taker.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2014, 12:38:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

who is her source? They must know more than Rondo about his own situation

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2014, 12:49:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So sick of the Jackie Mac ass kissing on here . It's like she is untouchable when she comes out with something like this . She hasn't been in the inner circle of the celtics for a number of years, and writes and works for ESPN now , the same company that makes up Rumors and titles it with " Source says" all the time .

I am sure she is a fine writer and had connections in the C's heyday of the Bird era , but she has been saying this about Rondo for a number of years now, and it hasn't happened yet .

Rondo has says on numerous occasions that he loves Boston and wants to stay here , yet people just dismiss it as if it means nothing.

I am not saying that Rondo won't be traded , but we have been hearing this for 5+ years .

The only time I am aware of Danny offering Rondo in a trade was for CP3 and Steph Curry, both top 10-15 players in this league. Danny is a smart GM and isn't trading Rondo for Ben McLemore and filler .

Yet a lot of people on here have this weird obsession with anything Jackie Mac says , as if she is above it all , and can't possibly be wrong .

Rondo is just a jerk,clown,role player trade his ass, he sucks , blah blah blah . 

So sick of it

This C's fan still loves you Rondo, keep ya head up !

She also called Kevin Love not being traded here within 5 days of him being in Boston, and almost everything she said turned out to be 100% true. She got that info from a serious source.

So when she talks, people listen. Read this article and see what she says about Rondo. She's not attacking him, and says she understands if he were to leave the Celtics in a rebuilding situation.

No one is taking her word as 100% gospel, but she's not known for making up rumors. There's a reason so many people are worried about hearing this from her.

The consensus seems to be that she means that Rondo 'wants out' if they can't get any notable free agents or big trades for an All Star- which it appears they can't. Obviously a lot can change in a year as you said, but the percentage chance of us pulling off some miracle trade to put another star next to him is very low.
It's much more likely that we can't get our hands on a player like that and thus Rondo has let them know 'look I love you but I can't play on this team of whipper snappers and teach them how to play basketball, I'm Rajon Rondo, I play for championships baby- so get me some help or I'll have to leave. I'm letting you know in advance because I love you and want to give you as much time as possible to find me some help.'

..Or something like that :)

Anyway read this it's a good read.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/11033627/kevin-love-landing-boston-celtics-far-slam-dunk
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2014, 01:05:13 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

You're coming at it from the wrong angle. Jackie Mac knows her crap. If she says something and endorses it unequivocally, it's because the source she believes is good.

Now, does that mean what the source got is good? No. Of course they could've gotten wrong or incomplete information. It also doesn't preclude the scenario where Rondo, Ainge et al., have a vested interest in squashing this rumor.

But Jackie Mac's own credibility here for me is unimpeachable. It means that she heard it from a source she feels according to her own journalistic standards would be informed. Maybe they're wrong, but there is zero chance she pulled this out of her own b-hole.

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2014, 01:05:50 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

The consensus seems to be that she means that Rondo 'wants out' if they can't get any notable free agents or big trades for an All Star- which it appears they can't. Obviously a lot can change in a year as you said, but the percentage chance of us pulling off some miracle trade to put another star next to him is very low.
It's much more likely that we can't get our hands on a player like that and thus Rondo has let them know 'look I love you but I can't play on this team of whipper snappers and teach them how to play basketball, I'm Rajon Rondo, I play for championships baby- so get me some help or I'll have to leave. I'm letting you know in advance because I love you and want to give you as much time as possible to find me some help.'

..Or something like that :)

Anyway read this it's a good read.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/11033627/kevin-love-landing-boston-celtics-far-slam-dunk

1.  The "consensus" that Rondo wants out is something made up entirely out of whole cloth by media folks and internet posters who don't like Rondo and believe that trading him is the only move Ainge can and should make.

2.  This thread isn't that article.  It's about Jackie talking like she's got inside information that Rondo has essentially said "trade me or else".  I don't believe she's got any such info.

Mike

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2014, 01:41:32 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

You're coming at it from the wrong angle. Jackie Mac knows her crap. If she says something and endorses it unequivocally, it's because the source she believes is good.

Now, does that mean what the source got is good? No. Of course they could've gotten wrong or incomplete information. It also doesn't preclude the scenario where Rondo, Ainge et al., have a vested interest in squashing this rumor.

But Jackie Mac's own credibility here for me is unimpeachable. It means that she heard it from a source she feels according to her own journalistic standards would be informed. Maybe they're wrong, but there is zero chance she pulled this out of her own b-hole.

IIRC Jackie Mac was also sweet talked by Rick Pitino while he was here to feed his (the
Emperor's) agenda. When Rick Pitino left she was also one of those who staunchly defended him.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2014, 02:19:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given that it wasn't written in an article and was buried in a video very casually you're wrong on this IP.

If she had it according to her own journalistic standards she'd have written the story, her editors would insist on it. I think there are two options:

1. She doesn't have a solid enough source to publish.

2. She does have it solid enough but doesn't want to T off the Celtics brass by doing so and it slipped while talking in a relatively informal TV format.

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2014, 02:36:28 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Given that it wasn't written in an article and was buried in a video very casually you're wrong on this IP.

If she had it according to her own journalistic standards she'd have written the story, her editors would insist on it. I think there are two options:

1. She doesn't have a solid enough source to publish.

2. She does have it solid enough but doesn't want to T off the Celtics brass by doing so and it slipped while talking in a relatively informal TV format.

I disagree with the 'very casually' premise. But if your two points are both true, there is a circular logic to it all. If she was sure about it, and it tee-d off the Cs, she wouldn't 'leak' it intentionally here. If she were sure about and was okay with the consequences of the fallout, she's publish such a juicy story.

Id offer a 3rd option; she's sure about it, but it isn't imminent, so she 'leaked' it here in a casual setting, boosting her own profile while having the cover of 'I didn't know it would get out there' for the rubes who believe that.

« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
*picture of Garfield the cat sleeping under a Celtics jersey with a thought bubble saying 'I hate the off season'*
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I thought you pulled the conversation off on a tangent with your first reply. You were talking (among other things) about how there's (at least in terms of rumors) less of a market for Rondo than the other stars that were traded. I pointed out that a big reason for those players generating more offers than Rondo is the fact that the players said they were leaving and the teams were actively shopping them, which isn't the case with Rondo. You then brought up Rondo's injury history, which seems fairly unrelated to my point. It's been downhill ever since.

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2014, 06:52:31 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
This franchise has no history of ever attracting that kind of free agent.
Don't know how many times I need to make this point, but when has Boston ever been i the running for a legitimate big time FA and lost out?
It is not that they lose out on specific big time free agents, but that they are never in the running or are specifically excluded because of the city's perceived racial history. Presuming that the racial thing is finally behind us, does a team with no Rondo and consisting of a bunch of young unproven kids seem to be an attractive landing spot for a big time talent coming off his rookie contract?