Author Topic: Doc to recruit Ray Allen to Clippers  (Read 6703 times)

Re: Doc to recruit Ray Allen to Clippers
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Come on Ray come play in the same arena where you threw brick after brick after brick to shoot the Celtics out of banner 18 and help Lakers to their 16.

Sidenote: Doc Rivers is a fake. He fits right in with the Clippers.

It wasn't just his atrocious shooting (3-14, I believe), it was his severe lack of effort in terms of rebounding.  He had 2.  For the game :o  Sure, KG only had 3, but that was because 1).  he was helping out so much on defense, 2).  the injury didn't exactly help, and 3).  the lakers were never called for an over-the-back, despite the fact that that's exactly what they did over the course of that game.  Sigh.

Anyway, Ray was always the guy leaking out on the wing, while everyone else was at least trying inside (it would have helped if they had bothered to box anyone out - and I mean anyone.  Ugh.), so it really surprised me to see him so actively involved on the boards during the last two playoff runs of the Heat.  Of course, knowing what we do now, should I really have been surprised, given his love for Lebron? ::) 

Interestingly, in both game 7 of the 2010 and 2013 Finals, Ray was practically a no-show, although the Heat wouldn't have made it to game 7 had he not made that shot due to Pop's removal of Duncan at the end of said contest.  Is such a trend of disappearing in game 7s prevalent throughout Allen's career, or were those two games the exception to the rule?  Does anyone know.

Anyway, given what Doc said after he left about him having an ego problem and such, I just don't think that Ray would ever want to play for Rivers again.  The Clippers aren't an upper echelon team right now, anyway.  I seriously doubt that they'd make the finals next year, due to the competition out west, and how could he pass up another opportunity to play with his majesty again, where his chances of making the finals next year are far greater than they'd be if he signed with the Clippers.

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Interestingly, in both game 7 of the 2010 and 2013 Finals, Ray was practically a no-show, although the Heat wouldn't have made it to game 7 had he not made that shot due to Pop's removal of Duncan at the end of said contest.  Is such a trend of disappearing in game 7s prevalent throughout Allen's career, or were those two games the exception to the rule?  Does anyone know.

Disappearing in game 7s is pretty typical for Ray, at least since 2008.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Anyway, given what Doc said after he left about him having an ego problem and such, I just don't think that Ray would ever want to play for Rivers again.  The Clippers aren't an upper echelon team right now, anyway.  I seriously doubt that they'd make the finals next year, due to the competition out west, and how could he pass up another opportunity to play with his majesty again, where his chances of making the finals next year are far greater than they'd be if he signed with the Clippers.

Not sure Ray is listening to the guy who benched him for Avery Bradley.

And also wanted or allowed Rondo to dominate the ball. It's not happening.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:26:57 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 10:09:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

probably a good thing we won in 6 in 2008

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He will help either team, but I hope he goes to the Clips. I'm sure he will do some of the same stuff he did here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99mER-dzFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RciLe9SUqVM

Class act. I wish him well wherever he lands.

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 10:55:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

he was basically the only celtic that showed up in game 7 against the magic in 2009.  He was pretty good against the Heat in 2012.  He wasn't bad for the Heat either in a few game 7's.

And for all the crap Ray gets, Pierce and/or KG were pretty bad in some of those games (as was Rondo). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I hope he goes to San Antonio.

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Come on Ray come play in the same arena where you threw brick after brick after brick to shoot the Celtics out of banner 18 and help Lakers to their 16.

Sidenote: Doc Rivers is a fake. He fits right in with the Clippers.

You've called it right from the beginning even way before Doc left.  You saw right through Doc before everybody else did.  I have to give you that.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
LOL Doc hasn't learned watch Ray have a visit then spurn him for the Queens Cavs.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

he was basically the only celtic that showed up in game 7 against the magic in 2009.  He was pretty good against the Heat in 2012.  He wasn't bad for the Heat either in a few game 7's.

And for all the crap Ray gets, Pierce and/or KG were pretty bad in some of those games (as was Rondo).

By my count Rondo averaged 13/7/10 in game 7s, Ray 14/3/1, 16/9 for KG, PP went for 21/7/3. Ray's pretty much bottom of the 4. His numbers for the Heat look like 5/4/2. Awesome!

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He will help either team, but I hope he goes to the Clips. I'm sure he will do some of the same stuff he did here:

Whatever.  He helped the C's win banner 17 and grateful for that.  However, he was anything BUT a class act at the end. Now we see that he is a front-runner riding James' coat-tails. He has become a hired gun. I'll save my well wishes for someone else thank you.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Whatever.  He helped the C's win banner 17 and grateful for that.  However, he was anything BUT a class act at the end. Now we see that he is a front-runner riding James' coat-tails. He has become a hired gun. I'll save my well wishes for someone else thank you.

So, a few years since he's left...LeBron's back home in CLE..President OBama's on his second term, etc, etc, etc...

...and people here in Greentown as STILL upset at how he left? Nor choose to perhaps understand ALL sides of it? I'll admit it could've been handled a different way, but Ray's a human being - like you and me.

He has said somethings since he's left that I didn't like - but whatever. I have way too many memories of him in Green that are good.

I'll focus on that - and you can focus on the negative.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:59 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
You guys are being silly.  Nobody remembers Artest taking out Ray's thigh?  After he broke the finals record for 3 pointers?

Ray was without a doubt our most clutch player for probably all 5 years, and will probably go down as one of the most clutch of all time.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
You guys are being silly.  Nobody remembers Artest taking out Ray's thigh?  After he broke the finals record for 3 pointers?

Ray was without a doubt our most clutch player for probably all 5 years, and will probably go down as one of the most clutch of all time.

Don't try to be reasonable. This is celticsblog. Hating on Ray makes people's sorry lifes better here. I can't wait when Rondo leaves next summer, or force a trade or dares to sign a max contract with the celtics. After that Rondo will be an overrated player who "we" don't even wanted on the roster anymore.

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
What do you know, Washington are trying to get Ray.

The Wizards would prefer to keep their 15th and final roster open but they'd quickly change gears for Ray Allen. The team contacted the 39-year-old shooting guard early in the free agent process to gauge his interest in signing, CSNwashington.com has confirmed with two people with knowledge of the situation Tuesday.
Full article.