Author Topic: Doc to recruit Ray Allen to Clippers  (Read 6704 times)

Doc to recruit Ray Allen to Clippers
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Los Angeles Clippers president and head coach Doc Rivers wants to reunite with Ray Allen, according to ESPN's Arash Markazi

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24686779/report-doc-rivers-to-recruit-ray-allen-for-clippers?v=1&vc=3

Wonder what his sale pitch is to him  ;D

Re: Doc to recruit Ray Allen to Clippers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
"Hey Cry Baby! It's me Quitter! Yeah. Out here in LA instead of Rondo we have Chris Paul. Isn't that so much better! Cmooonnn. We have a new owner and all sorts of phony democrats out here in LA! We'll fit right in!"

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
"Ray, you've been to Ohio. Think about what you're doing."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Come on Ray come play in the same arena where you threw brick after brick after brick to shoot the Celtics out of banner 18 and help Lakers to their 16.

Sidenote: Doc Rivers is a fake. He fits right in with the Clippers.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I wish Ray could go to Washington. He'd get all the wide open corner 3s he could possibly want.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I wish Ray could go to Washington. He'd get all the wide open corner 3s he could possibly want.

They're saying the Spurs are going after him too..now that could be a good look for him.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
"Heyyyy Ray Ray! You're considering whether to quit amidst controversy, and I can totallyyyy understand that. How 'bout you do what I did instead and take the easy way out? It gets a lot of brownie points in people's short term memories, and it will cement your legacy as the Ultimate Ring Chaser. How great is that? I can see that now all over TNT in LA. Oh and btw I may bench you in favor of someone who plays defense and doesn't lose the ball every time they try to dribble. When that happens, just blame the point guard. It worked once for us."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:14:21 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

They're saying the Spurs are going after him too..now that could be a good look for him.

Spurs would be a good fit, wouldn't be the first time he ended up on the team that knocked his team out of the playoffs the season before ::)

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I can't think of too many former Celts that I'm less interested in than Ray. At this point I'd just as soon see a "bring back Antoine" thread, or maybe read that Scal's hoping to be  on our roster next year.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Spurs would be a good fit, wouldn't be the first time he ended up on the team that knocked his team out of the playoffs the season before ::)

Ha..I didn't even think of that lol

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Ray would be a good fit for the Clippers. Their wing defense is already dodgy enough.

SG - JJ Redick, Ray Allen
SF - Matt Barnes, Hedo Turkoglu

That is a very weak wing rotation. I'd rate every one of the four as below average defensively. Everybody except for JJ Redick has below average quickness (lateral and end-to-end).

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Yeah. If he wants more rings, which I imagine is the only reason he's still playing, they're probably the best bet.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Not sure Ray is listening to the guy who benched him for Avery Bradley.

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

That really would be a great place for him. And seeing that I'd like to see the Spurs win again I'm all for it.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

I likes the Spurs.  Love the way they play.  Much rather see Ray there rather than Cleveland or the Clips.