Author Topic: Sports Illustrated rank Celtics 3rd worst team in East. Nets won't make playoffs  (Read 18409 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Brooklyn pick in/near the lottery? Can only be good news for us.
One readers analysis of Nets criteria for ranking:
1) Dwill ankle spurs surgery and Lopez foot surgery
2) Loss of Livingston and Pierce too overwhelming
3) New Head Coach
4) It's the Brooklyn Nets

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/25/easter ... iers-bulls

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Washington
4. Toronto
5. Atlanta
6. Charlotte
7. Miami
8. New York

9. Brooklyn
10. Indiana
11. Detroit
12. Orlando
13. Boston
14. Milwaukee
15. Philadelphia

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/27/wester ... rs-thunder

1. San Antonio
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Clippers
4. Golden State
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Houston
8. Memphis

9. Denver
10. New Orleans
11. Phoenix
12. Sacramento
13. Minnesota
14. LA Lakers
15. Utah
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:05:08 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
I may be wrong, we have the clippers pick this year and the next Brooklyn pick is next year.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Nothing egregious in those east rankings, IMO.  I might have ATL over TOR but that's just nitpicking.  I also think MIA might be better than a 7 seed but health will depend a lot on that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Heat #7 on that list? That's just disrespecting Bosh and Wade. I'd put them #4.

Otherwise agree with most of list. I put us ahead of Orlando pretty comfortably as long as Rondo and Green aren't traded, but that's a pretty big if.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I may be wrong, we have the clippers pick this year and the next Brooklyn pick is next year.

Yes you are correct. Brooklyn 2016 and the right to swap in 2017 I think?

I guess it's still good news for us this season. Chaos and turmoil don't breed winning.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
If Noels and Embiid are healthy....then Philly jumps high on this chart.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'll admit, as much as I despise seeing these rankings/predictions, in a way I also take a little bit of solace in the fact that I know (or hope) that if we get a top 3 pick, DA is going to follow the Cavs model and shop it for a legit player.

And the beautiful thing, you never know what might be available in a trade next summer.

It could be a big name we don't expect that all of a sudden falls out of favor with his team and demands a trade.

It's actually kinda exciting to think about it, if it happens.

A potential top 5 pick, plus Rondo's bird rights to have the luxury to offer him more money than any other team plus cap space to try to land a big star to pair him up with.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Looks about right given the current rosters.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think I'd put Boston ahead of Detroit (too much dysfunction) and Orlando (still way too young, growing pains).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
They are way too down on Indiana.  Even without PG they still have a strong defense, which will win them some games even though they'll struggle to score.  I'd put them around a 6-8 seed, with a healthy dose of ESPN "Will Paul George return for playoffs?  No, no he won't." clickbait stories.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think I'd put Boston ahead of Detroit (too much dysfunction) and Orlando (still way too young, growing pains).
agree! i was going to post the very same thought and you beat me to it

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
If Noels and Embiid are healthy....then Philly jumps high on this chart.

Nerlens looks good to go.

Embiid... not so much:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234734/76ers-Unsure-If-Joel-Embiid-Will-Play-At-All-This-Season

Philly currently looks on track to draft another top center (Jahlil Okafor?).    Of course, if I'm Jahlil, I'd be leary of rookie-season-missing-injury (the curse of the Sixer first pick).
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
agree! i was going to post the very same thought and you beat me to it

Agreed, I wouldn't bet a lot of $ on either of those two teams finishing higher than the Celtics.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I think the Celts will be better but the only thing you can really complain about is putting them behind Orlando.

Orlando was worse than us last season and there's no reason to think their offseason additions are going to be better than ours.

Mike

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think near the end of last year the losing was getting to Brad Stevens. Another year like last year he may chose to go elsewhere....say something like UNC.