Author Topic: WWE Network  (Read 4159 times)

WWE Network
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:09 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm surprised no one started a thread on this topic, but who here has the WWE Network and for those of you who do, what do you think of it thus far?

I have it up here in my neck of the woods in Canada, and it's excellent. Well worth the $9.99, well $11.37, after the exchange rate, price of admission per month.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:46:32 AM by SportsCanuck »

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

Re: WWE Network
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:20:15 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
I love it. I use it just about daily, a part of me feels like it won't be around in about 2 years though, but I hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
I love it. I use it just about daily, a part of me feels like it won't be around in about 2 years though, but I hope I'm wrong.

I hope not either, it's not topping the one million subscriber mark that Vince was hoping for, but over time I think it will get to that number. The WWE just needs to upload more vintage content to keep the hardcore wrestling fan-base as subscribers.

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They likely need to put free TV samples of the shows on demand and in cable specials. Only way to get TV watchers to subscribe but it will be hard given networks want TV viewers to stay on cable. Usually 3 good episodes of a show gets people hooked.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:57:51 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
They likely need to put free TV samples of the shows on demand and in cable specials. Only way to get TV watchers to subscribe but it will be hard given networks want TV viewers to stay on cable. Usually 3 good episodes of a show gets people hooked.

I much prefer the on-demand, streaming network, rather than a television channel, where there is a restrictive schedule of programming, which is repeated throughout the day. Netflix is so popular because subscribers can watch whatever they want, whenever they want. The WWE should follow the same model.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Offline nandy16

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2

I much prefer the on-demand, streaming network, rather than a television channel, where there is a restrictive schedule of programming, which is repeated throughout the day. Netflix is so popular because subscribers can watch whatever they want, whenever they want. The WWE should follow the same model.

WWE Network has both a live Channel (that has 24/7 programming throughout the Day) and it also has an On Demand Section where you can watch any program available on it at any time all in one App, just like Netflix.

However Canada Has a slightly different version of the WWE Network through a TV service provider "Rogers" (Maybe what your referring to). I think they will be getting the full Experience soon though.

WWE Network is awesome for fans of Pro Wrestling. It gets better as they go. At first it started with a lot of errors during streaming but slowly they have corrected them. Now its available on a lot more devices including my Blu Ray Player which is very convenient to watch while relaxing on the couch.

They also have just added some WCW Monday Nitro Episodes. Those will be great to see since I never got to watch them during Raw. Great Value at just $9.99 a month

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bought it a minute it launched. Loved every single minute i log in.

The money I save on PPV alone is worth it.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace