Author Topic: Danny Ainge Ready To Trade Rondo?  (Read 11406 times)

Danny Ainge Ready To Trade Rondo?
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:29:38 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
This has been a rumor for years, but with the news of Rondo apparently wanting to test free agency next year this wouldn't surprise me.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:47:10 PM by SportsCanuck »

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

Re: Danny Ainge Ready To Trade Rondo?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 02:05:53 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I like how you link to a blog post where the majority of the text is quoting Chris Forsberg's opinion that basically answers your question with a "no".
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:08:00 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
I like how you link to a blog post where the majority of the text is quoting Chris Forsberg's opinion that basically answers your question with a "no".

If you don't like my post, then just kick me off of the site. Is it really necessary to continue the conversation with sarcasm? ESPN.com does the same thing but of course that's OK.

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:07 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

If you don't like my post, then just kick me off of the site. Is it really necessary to continue the conversation with sarcasm? ESPN.com does the same thing but of course that's OK.

ESPN.com is often stupid.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:44:12 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

You're in for a rough time if you can't handle sarcasm.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:35 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett

I can handle sarcasm, it's the troll attitude that's masked as sarcasm, LOL! :P I thought that Rondo possibly being traded was more than just a simple "NO!" answer.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 03:09:53 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If you need more than just a simple "NO!", how about "What Forsberg said" as an answer?

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 03:12:56 AM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
If you need more than just a simple "NO!", how about "What Forsberg said" as an answer?

I see what you are saying, sorry for the sarcastic reply, but nobody really knows what's in Rondo's head, maybe he wants a change, maybe he doesn't.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:24:56 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
God I hope so. Rondo is extremely overrated.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

ESPN does it to generate web traffic though.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Rondo stays in green and I would prefer it that way.

I also think he re-signs with us next summer and we go all out for a big fish (Aldridge, Gasol, Jordan.)

As bleak as our immediate future looks right now, I hold out hope that next summer our team is going to be back in the conversation.

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Maybe he is, but what's the alternative?

Marcus Smart hasn't logged a single second of nba action.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 08:11:23 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Maybe he is, but what's the alternative?

Marcus Smart hasn't logged a single second of nba action.

So? What have you seen so far to make you think that he'll be a bust? Everything seen and heard (from Team USA practices) has been glowing so far. We aren't contending this year so give him the starting PG spot and let him develop.

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 08:35:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I can handle sarcasm, it's the troll attitude that's masked as sarcasm, LOL! :P I thought that Rondo possibly being traded was more than just a simple "NO!" answer.
If being called out on producing "content" that contains a larger quotation than what you wrote is troll behavior to you, then the internet is not a place for you.

But I did click your link, so your mission was accomplished.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Sorry, but you are like a spam. I read this blog regularly and there is a lot of talk here about Rondo. It was dissected for pieces. I don't like people who act like they didn't know the topic was discussed ad nauseum (it's not just you). It's nothing new in it.

Other thing: I don't like your gif (any fast gif) , when you post a lot in a thread my head is spinning.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:35:24 AM by puskas54_10 »