Author Topic: Pacers forum mod: Green+Zeller+Young +Clippers pick+Philly pick for Hibbert  (Read 13182 times)

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Last year I would have bitten off Indiana's hand for this trade.

Hibbert's performance towards the end of this season has made trying to trade for him too much of a gamble at the price mentioned.

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
LOL!!!!!

they are dreaming!

hibbert had the worst rating in the playoffs of any player to ever be voted into an all star team earlier that year. being voted an all star doesn't mean anything. its the production on the court that matters. and since his contract year he hasn't been close to that same player. plus the size of his contract is horrible.

i would give them gerald wallace and james young and vitor faverani or tyler zeller. thats how lowly i think of roy hibbert.

i would rather have larry sanders.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
A few things on this proposed trade:
1)Hibbert is too much of a flake to trade all those players for him
2)Sully averaged more points and rebounds than him last year
3)There are quit a few rim protectors that we can get for far less, one of them being Bismac Biyombo
4)Green has a better chance to have a breakout year than Hibbert does...IMO
5)Those Philly picks are essentially 2 late first rounders
6)James Young is not just a trade filler.
7) This coming draft has many legit big men and we will probably pick one of them.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm biased when it comes to trades and I know this thread is about a trade, I'm just not commenting on it, sorry.

I want to speak on someone who said we would start Wallace in place of Green (if this trade happens)... WHAT???

No sir! We will probably start Turner and I don't care about his defense as much as I don't want to start GWall. I like GWall but he must come off the bench!

Okay, I'm done.

Wait, no I'm not... I'd even throw Young in there before GWall (I wouldn't include the kid in the trade).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
For Hibbert, we keep Green (G-town buds) for starters.

Indy is cheap, so in addition to his replacement Zeller, they'll be interested in the contract known as Bogans, and they'll take the contract known as Wallace (less $ and years than Hibbs), for starters, and Philly's early 2nds.

They'll prefer Thornton or Bass to Wallace, and I'd part with all three before Green, and doubly so if Hibbert is the guy coming back in hopes that getting together (with Rondo, no less) helps them both get their mojo working a little.

• Jrue Holiday

Indy is cheap, so in addition to his replacement Zeller, they'll be interested in the contract known as Bogans, and they'll take the contract known as Wallace (less $ and years than Hibbs), for starters, and Philly's early 2nds.

They'll prefer Thornton or Bass to Wallace, and I'd part with all three before Green, and doubly so if Hibbert is the guy coming back in hopes that getting together (with Rondo, no less) helps them both get their mojo working a little.

This is a possibility if Indiana wants to mini-tank the season on the basis that no Paul George = snowball's chance in hell.

However, I'm not so sure they do. The Cavaliers have run their flag up the pole and are waiting for the East to salute, but there are a bevy of fairly good teams (Washington, Toronto, Charlotte, Chicago, Miami - still, maybe Brooklyn or NY) waiting to take them down a peg or two.

With a few exceptions, probably including us, anyone in the conference could make some noise.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

This is a possibility if Indiana wants to mini-tank the season on the basis that no Paul George = snowball's chance in hell.

However, I'm not so sure they do. The Cavaliers have run their flag up the pole and are waiting for the East to salute, but there are a bevy of fairly good teams (Washington, Toronto, Charlotte, Chicago, Miami - still, maybe Brooklyn or NY) waiting to take them down a peg or two.

With a few exceptions, probably including us, anyone in the conference could make some noise.

I'm not sure they want to mini-tank, but they're notoriously tight about lux tax, want to win, and are probably looking at Zeller being a solid and much cheaper replacement, but probably needs another year to develop into their system.  They'd probably like pieces like Zeller that are a "year away," like the 2015 pick (to have rookie contract in 2015 so they can spend on the rotation).

Bogans makes us an instant trade partner for Indy as well.

• Jrue Holiday
I like the idea in principle. I wonder if Wallace might suddenly raise his game for one last hurrah if he got sent to Indiana. Probably.

I just don't think Indiana values Zeller highly enough to pull the plug on Hibbert.

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
The two main objections to this trade seem to be: 1) If Hibbert was playing at the top of his game then this trade would be great. 2) Just getting Hibbert will make us a marginal playoff  contender. If Hibbert were playing his best basketball then he would not be available. You want to buy low which is right now. Of course getting just Hibbert does not make us a deep playoff team. No one deal other than for James or Durant would do that but you have to start the talent accumulation somewhere and this would be a good opportunity.

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'd do it in a heartbeat if Roy played like first half Hibbert last year. A legit rim protecting center is something we have lacked for quite a bit of time now, and to get one of the league's best when on his game would be sweet.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
No, thanks. Hibbert has near negative value until he again proves otherwise. Would I mind if he proved that here? Maybe not, but right now the timing isn't right and that package, even under ideal circumstances for Indiana is pretty favorable towards them.