Author Topic: Pacers forum mod: Green+Zeller+Young +Clippers pick+Philly pick for Hibbert  (Read 13256 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So I asked RealGM Pacers fans if there were any realistic trades they'd pick up the phone for on Hibbert (that didn't include Rondo or Smart).

Pacers forum mod said the preference of Pacers fans is leaning towards keeping him, but they'd entertain something like:

Jeff Green+
Tyler Zeller+
James Young+
Clippers pick+
Philly 2nd rounders

for Roy Hibbert.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Essentially moving Zeller+Young+Clippers pick for the leagues premier rim protector. Idea is that we make a strong push this season towards the playoffs with Rondo and Hibbert and plan to re-sign Hibbert via opt in or UFA and bird rights.
Leaves us with a pretty awesome young core of:

Rondo
Smart
Sullinger
Hibbert

Bradley
Olynyk

and our Brooklyn+Cavs picks.

We then use our Brooklyn picks to get a small forward solution but also target Kwahi Leonard as a free agent in 2016-17 (among others).

Other strategy here is obviously to keep this as a 'development' aka draft season and aim for a top 10 draft pick. Find our small forward solution with that top 10 pick and use Brooklyn picks to move up if possible.
Then re-up Rondo and get Hibbert as a free agent if he opts out at the same time. That way we can keep James Young and Zeller off the bench. I still like getting Hibberts bird rights and showing him that we really want him with Rondo. Perhaps this entices Green to opt in for one more year or take a nice multi year deal after we looked after him with the last deal.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Not sold enough on hibbert.  Green gets a bunch of flack for not being consistent and low rebounding numbers.  (For a small forward who plays on perimeter). Hibbert disappeared from the playoffs and appeared to give up trying. And look at his rebounds!
No trade for me

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Lol

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think that it's a fair trade, I just wouldn't do it.

I'd rather have Green and the possibility of seeing Young and Zeller develop. I also think there are too many question marks about Hibbert to label him as "the league's premier rim protector"

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
when motivated Hibbert is definitely a top 10 center, even arguably a top 5 depending if on your argument. But no matter what position (1-10), he gives us something we lacked since 2011 - a legit center that can rebound, and protect the rim. I kind of want to try to keep Green so that our starting lineup can be a little more complete, but if it takes Green to get Hibbert, I am all for it.

I think the deal in the OP makes a lot of sense. I will pull that trigger in a heart beat

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
they would want smart, ko and clips pick

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
To me this is not a good deal, i'd even say more it's just an horrible deal. Hibbert might be a good but this is way too much for him. I'm ok for Green & some picks for him, but i'd rather trade Rondo for him.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
No interest in Hibbert.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Next.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Not sold enough on hibbert.  Green gets a bunch of flack for not being consistent and low rebounding numbers.  (For a small forward who plays on perimeter). Hibbert disappeared from the playoffs and appeared to give up trying. And look at his rebounds!
No trade for me

He had a terrible playoffs but his impact on protecting the rim and altering shots was still crucial to their season. He has the highest shot alteration percentage in the NBA because of his length.

I think we are getting the best player in the deal by far, and also pairing another cornerstone piece with Rondo and Smart. Hibbert would also (in my opinion) be the perfect Center for Sullinger to play next to.

He's also never played with a pass first point guard like Rondo which would be great to let him experience before free agency.

If you've got an opportunity to trade for someone like Hibbert, and all you've gotta give up is role players and a late first rounder it's a no brainer for me.
If you don't take a deal like this then we'll just be waiting around till Rondo is 33 years old. I guess a huge part of this is giving Rondo incentive to stay as well.

Again if we are aiming to get back to being a contender in the East within 2-3 years, we need to keep Rondo and also pair him with 2 stars.

Rondo
Smart
Rookie
Sully
Hibbert

is a pretty awesome young core and we've still got Bradley, Olynyk and our picks to make a move for another star.

What are we waiting for?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:34:53 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
No interest in Hibbert.

Agreed.  Dude is an overpaid big man with some serious motivation issues.  Putting him on a rebuilding team would be a disaster.

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
No interest in Hibbert.

Agreed.  Dude is an overpaid big man with some serious motivation issues.  Putting him on a rebuilding team would be a disaster.

I like Hibbert. I think he would fit well with Rondo. No more rebuilding.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
No interest in Hibbert.

I like Hibbert. I think he would fit well with Rondo. No more rebuilding.

I echo this 1000 times!

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Green bogans and zeller with the Philly or clips pick. Saves Indy some $ and better balances out their roster.

I still think there's a trade to be done where the base of the deal is Bledsoe goes to Indy. Hibbert to Boston. Hill and other assets to Phoenix. George hill would fit perfectly in Phoenix system with that guard rotation of dragic and Thomas.

Maybe Bledsoe (sign and trade) and zeller to Indy.
Hibbert to Boston.
Green and hill to Phoenix.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'd do it.....Pacers would n't