Author Topic: Sirius XM NBA Radio - Rondo Next  (Read 5127 times)

Re: Sirius XM NBA Radio - Rondo Next
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 04:20:43 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Frank Isola said that due to Rondo's insistence in testing free agency, he's going to be the next big name to be dealt.

It sounds like he may be projecting what he would do in Ainge's place.  A lot of people seem to think that the Celtics should be desperate to move Rondo because that's how they would feel if they were Boston's GM.
That is what it was as I listened to it.  He was basically just saying that Ainge should be calling about Dragic and as a second choice Bledsoe.  I mean he wasn't about selling off Rondo for nothing.
If I remember correctly we could have had Dragic and Gortat for rondo two years ago.
That would have made the 2012playoffs more interesting.
Not that I want to trade rondo but that's the kind of deal I would have done.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think the biggest difference between the Love trade and the possible Rondo rumors is that Love wanted out of Minny while Rondo said no such thing, he didn't force a trade, isn't giving management a pain in the butt.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
To me, with the facts that Rondos current deal is a bargain, and this being his last big chance for a big deal I just don't see him taking less to compete for a title
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Frank Isola said that due to Rondo's insistence in testing free agency, he's going to be the next big name to be dealt.

It sounds like he may be projecting what he would do in Ainge's place.  A lot of people seem to think that the Celtics should be desperate to move Rondo because that's how they would feel if they were Boston's GM.
That is what it was as I listened to it.  He was basically just saying that Ainge should be calling about Dragic and as a second choice Bledsoe.  I mean he wasn't about selling off Rondo for nothing.
If I remember correctly we could have had Dragic and Gortat for rondo two years ago.
That would have made the 2012playoffs more interesting.
Not that I want to trade rondo but that's the kind of deal I would have done.

I don't remember that offer being on the table but I bet DA wishes that was still available.