Author Topic: Doc Rivers' new deal through 2018-19  (Read 4754 times)

Re: Doc Rivers' new deal through 2018-19
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Great deal for one of the best coaches in the NBA.  I hope BS can develop into a comparable coach.  He's got a long way to go before he's on Doc's level though.

Are you kidding me? Doc isnt even top 5 Coach in the NBA. This guy cant develop any NBA talent at all. Relied way to much on an aging Pierce Allen Garnett. Never used the bench as much as he could. Overpaid period.

Doc developed players just fine. Who did he miss out on developing anyway? Gabe Pruitt? Bill Walker? Patty O'Bryant. Many of the young guys that came through the team were crappy during the big three era. And other teams couldn't do much with them either.

He did very well with Perk, Big Al, Tony Allen, Rondo, etc.

I too would like to see a top 5 or 10 coach ranking from anyone who doesn't think Doc is a top coach.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
overpaid imho. His style of coaching is dependent on superstars. I don't really see the reason why he was paid too much.

Every great coach needs superstars. That's just how the nba works. Who was Erik spolstra before Lebron Arrived? How good will scott brooks be someday when he isn't coaching Durant and Westbrook?

As great as Pop is, would he ever have been as good without Duncan?

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
overpaid imho. His style of coaching is dependent on superstars. I don't really see the reason why he was paid too much.

Every great coach needs superstars. That's just how the nba works. Who was Erik spolstra before LeBron

LOL.... ZIP .....he was brought in to be a weak brown nose puppet to coach the uncoachable D THUG Wade .

Wade would not listen to anybody with authority .  .....meaning a serious coach .

Spo was only bench warming for the hot tempered Pat Riley .....who would surely have fell out with Wade .

Spo has developed into a PATsy. Baby sitter for hot headed super stars.   That's about it ....

I rate Doc better than Spo and Brooks .....Doc does have a good head for X and O's.

Spo will tossed under the bus ....escape goat after a season or two ......I seriously doubt he ever gets another NBA head coach job .   He d make a good lower level college coach ...like Liberty University or such.

I 'm shocked Brooks is still on the bench......as a head coach... The Durrant years and no rings are starting to mount up ,  like LeBrons first tour in Cleveland.  This may be Brooks last shot at coaching KD to a ring.

I look for Lakers to do everything possible to land Durrant or LeBron if he fails two,years in a row at Cleveland.