Author Topic: 4 team trade (idea) no way it happens  (Read 3608 times)

4 team trade (idea) no way it happens
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Just throwing this idea out there. I'm not on the Rondo must go train. The only way I even look at this if I'm DA is if Rondo makes it clear 1. he wants max 2. He has to have another star here to resign. 3. DA doesnt think either 1 or 2 is possible.

Let me say that this has 4 teams and 12 players so it would be a miracle to see it actually work out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qgbnloh

Cs send Rondo, Wallace, Green, Bass, Johnson, Babb

Cs get Hibbert, Hardaway, Amare, J Evans

Kicks send Amare, Hardaway, Shumpert, Larkin

Kicks get Rondo, Wallace, Johnson, Babb, future proteced 1st from indy, Copeland

Pacers send Hibbert, protected 1st, Copeland

Pacers get Green, Shumpert, Larkin

Utah sends J Evans

Utah gets Bass

Why

Cs, If Rondo is gone after this season then it makes sense to use him to clear Wallace off the books. The addition of Hibbert is a buy low acquisition of a player in a hard to fill role. If he plays to his ability he is either a building block or a great movable piece next off season. Haraway is a nice young player who should fit nicely off the bench in a 6th man role. He provides some wing size and 3pt shooting, also he is a goo enough ball handler to share the back court with AB or Turner. Amare is a throw in for cap and I could seem him being bought out and leaving for a contender (cavs?). Evans is an interesting energy guy who can eat up minutes at the 3 this year.

Depth post trade

PG Smart, Pressy (Tuner could see some PG min)
SG AB, Hardaway, Thorton
SF Turner, Evans, (hardaway in small lineup), Young (d-league bound)
PF Sully, KO
C Hibbert, Zeller, Fav, Anthony

Knicks

They add Rondo..... adding Wallace hurts their plan for FA next season but it might be worth while to get Rondo in now. If Wallace is healthy he may actually fit nicely as a 3/4 next to Melo. They also gain a future 1st in the deal. Copeland returns and joins Wallace and Outlaw in the rotation next to Melo.

Pacer

They add talent on the perimeter. Green and Shumpert will jump into the void left by PG and Stephenson. Larkin is also a nice young player to back up Hill who may be able to supply a spark off the bench. They will need to make an additional move for a C and to clear up roster space.

Utah

Gain Bass who can play PF next to both Kanter and Favors. He also provides a vet presence on a young team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: 4 team trade (idea) no way it happens
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
don't like it.  C's sending out 3 starters in Rondo, Green and Bass and only get back a center that's currently underwhelming after last year's playoffs and a prospect in Hardaway that plays the same position as many others on our roster that'll still be here after the trade.

to me, the point of getting Hibbert is to pair him with Rondo, not giving up Rondo for someone who truly seems mentally weak and needs a boot in the butt to perform (if that would even work). 

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I don't like it either.

Hibbert has greatly declined his last two years. His PER has slid from 19.3 to 17.3 to 13.5. His shooting percentage is bad (eFG of .449 and .440 the last two years), his rebounding percentage has declined and frankly he doesn't look very interested on the court. He's not anything to build around and he's 28. If he doesn't get his head out of his ass, he could become a massive drain on any team he's on. If Bird can't keep him on the straight and narrow, what hope would Ainge or Stevens?

Hardaway is redundant - I'd much rather have Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley eating those minutes any day of the week. I think he's an ok player and he might be good off the bench, but this team needs quality starters, not more backups.

The Cs take on the worst contract in the league in Amare's deal. Even Wallace's contract looks good compared to that monstrosity. I like Evans and don't think Utah would deal him straight up for Bass.

In short this trade doesn't make the Celtics better, they take on more salary and more risk. It's a desperation move to get some "value" from Rondo before he tests free agency. But at this point there's really two scenarios this season for Rondo that don't involve resigning him:

1. He recovers fully from his ACL injury, shows he's a 20 PER player again worth a max contract and there will be plenty of suitors for his services at the trade deadline.

2. He plays like he did last year - lousy - and the market gets thin for Rondo's services given the possible contract cost and the benefit he brings to a team. In which case the Celtics are better off without him and can make the "desperation" deal at the trade deadline. And if the Celtics go this way, it won't be taking on head-cases like Hibbert and the worst contract in the league (Amare) to do so.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

I'd remove the Jazz out of the equation and deal and add the bucks in the mix,  so that you can send Hibbert to the Bucks and the Bucks give us Larry Sanders instead.

Getting rid of Wallace is nice and all, but the best move IMO is still just tanking for Towns and Okafor.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I'd remove the Jazz out of the equation and deal and add the bucks in the mix,  so that you can send Hibbert to the Bucks and the Bucks give us Larry Sanders instead.

Getting rid of Wallace is nice and all, but the best move IMO is still just tanking for Towns and Okafor.

Celts tried that last year, didn't work.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
3 out of 10.

10 being best and 1 worst.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The Knicks probably don't need Rondo now that they have Calderon.

If the Pacers deal Hibbert, who plays center for them?

I suppose Mahimi, but he's more of a back up, isn't he?

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
There's absolutely a way this happens- because it's a horrible return for Rondo and a terrible move for our team.  The team getting Rondo would pounce on this.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Nobody in possession of all their faculties is taking Stoudamire and his poisonous contract. Leave it for the Knicks to choke on.

Hibbert is a coin toss at best at this point given his playoffs invisibility cloak.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Nobody in possession of all their faculties is taking Stoudamire and his poisonous contract. Leave it for the Knicks to choke on.

Hibbert is a coin toss at best at this point given his playoffs invisibility cloak.

Amar'e became a massive expiring contract as soon as the 'season' (draft and camp and such) officially started.

If you're committed to being bad for a couple of seasons, he's a payable price for an asset that you really want. I'm not sure the Knicks have one of those, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

Amar'e became a massive expiring contract as soon as the 'season' (draft and camp and such) officially started.

If you're committed to being bad for a couple of seasons, he's a payable price for an asset that you really want. I'm not sure the Knicks have one of those, though.

That's why I described his contract as poisonous. Not so abysmal in and of itself, but what you would have to do to get rid of it would probably exceed the return.

To a lesser extent, this also applies to us and Wallace, mentioned frequently as a counterweight in any trade advantageous to the Celtics.