Author Topic: Glen Taylor: Cavs may expose Love  (Read 4480 times)

Re: Glen Taylor: Cavs may expose Love
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:30:24 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Reminder: this is the same guy who thought Love wasn't worth a five-year contract back in 2011.
Reminder: this is the same guy who called out KG post-trade for "tanking" his last season as a Timberwolf.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 12:40:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Glen Taylor is pretty much the reason Kevin Love demanded a trade in the first place.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:38 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Lol he sounds bitter but is it far-fetched what he is saying? Love isn't all that on D and he will probably receive the most blame if things don't go well. Yep, makes sense.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:45:42 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I maintain that if there is really is a pantheon of basketball gods minny will make the playoffs and Cleveland will miss it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:13 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Kevin Loves plays mediocre defense, Irving also is a sieve. Kevin Love's offense is not built for the low-post area. Glenn Taylor may have a point.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:05:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Taylor is hurt that Love didn't want to stay, much like Dan Gilbert was hurt when Lebron bolted.  Taylor didn't come across as nasty as Gilbert did but it's the same thing.  No need for Taylor to badmouth Love at this point; it's just sour grapes.

If he really thinks Love is so flawed there is no way that he would have wanted him to stay so badly and no way that he would react this way after they traded him. 

It's kind of like the breakup of a celebrity relationship in which one of the celebrities airs all of the other's dirty laundry after the breakup.  Not cool. 

This is probably one of the things that make the Wolves the Wolves.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:12:00 AM by moiso »

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
It's said how dumb some NBA owners nowadays. I would ask the Twolves owner that If he knows that Kevin Love is not a good defensive player then why not put around Love better than average defenders? Pekovic? He is probably worse on defense than Love. Rubio? Are you kidding me? Kevin Martin? Barea? I rest my case.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Incompetent owner criticizes star player after he is traded because star player didn't want to play for incompetent owner any longer.

How original

Stop me if you haven't heard this before.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd say the only thing Glen Taylor exposed is himself, but everyone already knows he's an incompetent fool when it comes to being an NBA owner.

The Wolves really are a sad franchise. I truly feel bad for their fans. Minneapolis is actually a pretty nice city, and the fan base there seems genuine. They probably deserve better.

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Its completely dif than Lebron leaving the Cavs. Atleast the Wolves got back Andrew Wiggins, Bennett, and a first. They also got Thad Young given to them by the Sixers.

Kevin Love made up his mind and gave them far in advance his notice that he would leave. Then they were able to secure the best possible trade.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
to be fair, is anything he said wrong? Love is a below average defender. It just happens that wolves games dont get airplay on national TV so people only see the good stats. I would expect even when fans here were clamoring for him they only had seen a handful of his games...and most likely the ones against the C's. Defense IS going to be a problem on that team. other than lebron, no one is a solid defender.

also, Love IS going to be the 3rd wheel there much like Bosh was. a guy who will get the blame if they struggle and will be overlooked if they do well. Of the three I expect his stats to take the biggest hit. But, Love wanted to be a third wheel rather than be a 1st or 2nd.

so, I really dont see anything inacurate in what he said.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He will get more exposure playing beside LeBron that is certain.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
to be fair, is anything he said wrong? Love is a below average defender. It just happens that wolves games dont get airplay on national TV so people only see the good stats. I would expect even when fans here were clamoring for him they only had seen a handful of his games...and most likely the ones against the C's. Defense IS going to be a problem on that team. other than lebron, no one is a solid defender.

also, Love IS going to be the 3rd wheel there much like Bosh was. a guy who will get the blame if they struggle and will be overlooked if they do well. Of the three I expect his stats to take the biggest hit. But, Love wanted to be a third wheel rather than be a 1st or 2nd.

so, I really dont see anything inacurate in what he said.
It doesn't matter if what he said was accurate or not.  He should have been an adult and just let him go.  Love asked for a trade instead of leaving the Wolves high and dry in free agency.  The Wolves got an excellent haul.  Taylor should just keep his mouth shut.  He looks like an angry teen who got dumped.

And no, I don't think Love will sink to the Bosh role.  There will be plenty of rebounds and assists for him even if he doesn't take 20 shots.  I also wouldn't rank Irving ahead of him so fast.