Author Topic: Patriots Trade Logan Mankins to Tampa for Tim Wright & pick  (Read 9155 times)

Re: Patriots Reportedly Trade Logan Mankins to Tampa for Tim Wright & pick
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can see Bolden gone guy been busted for PEDs a couple of times and he isn't as dynamic as Ridley. Ridley, Vereen, White, and Gray I think make it. Mallet should be on team through JG first learning year.

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Sharp's clearly not the most comfortable Grantlander when it comes to the Pats, but I thought this was a pretty, quick good read:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-genius-and-stupidity-of-bill-belichick/
The Patriots have one of the two best teams in the AFC and a 37-year-old quarterback; it makes no sense to cast off a key starter on offense this year just to stay flexible for next year. But this is the annual tradition now, and they keep winning division titles.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I'm a Bucs fan but I don't see how on paper this isn't a win/win for both teams. Bucs need help on the o-line (okay, a lot of it lol) and Pats have excess. Pats need a TE to fit their scheme, get a 4th, don't have to pay 7m per for next 2 seasons for someone who is nearing the end of an illustrious career, and they have people who probably aren't as good but have a chance to not be a huge drop-off (at this point in Mankins career). I could see fans being upset but if it's about football and improving your team, this is a good move for both sides.

Nice doing business with your team again! Sadly, Aqib Talib didn't work out in the long-run for my Pats. And to mention the fact that he decided to take his talents to Mile High City.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
'Skins fan here.  just my 2 cents -- I like this deal for the Pats.  solid TE in exchange for an offensive lineman in decline.  Pats need help on that line and replacing this guy was on their to-do list.  just need to fill the hole now

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Sharp's clearly not the most comfortable Grantlander when it comes to the Pats, but I thought this was a pretty, quick good read:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-genius-and-stupidity-of-bill-belichick/
The Patriots have one of the two best teams in the AFC and a 37-year-old quarterback; it makes no sense to cast off a key starter on offense this year just to stay flexible for next year. But this is the annual tradition now, and they keep winning division titles.

I really don't like the comparison to basketball, though. The NBA and NFL are totally different in that one key missed play can end the NFL season. Not so NBA , where best of seven means you've got some leeway, and typically means the best team wins. In football, the better team (eg New England in 2007) can lose bc of one play.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I can see Bolden gone guy been busted for PEDs a couple of times and he isn't as dynamic as Ridley. Ridley, Vereen, White, and Gray I think make it. Mallet should be on team through JG first learning year.

Nah, Bolden is cheap and a special teams ace. BB loves that.
Celtics fan for life.