Author Topic: Trade Rondo Idea based on rondo FA rumors  (Read 6614 times)

Re: Trade Rondo Idea based on rondo FA rumors
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like Dieng quite a bit.  More than I like Pekovic going forward.  Based on how much Dieng improved during the last season, being 24 might not limit his upside as much as it would for other 24 year olds.  He is still learning and improving.  He is far from a finished product.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I like Dieng quite a bit.  More than I like Pekovic going forward.  Based on how much Dieng improved during the last season, being 24 might not limit his upside as much as it would for other 24 year olds.  He is still learning and improving.  He is far from a finished product.
Id rather trade for Bizmac Biyombo. He is only 21 and better and more gettable.

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Why is everyone so high on Dieng?

He has good size and athleticism for a center and people here are starved for those qualities.  The more discerning fans are aware that he came into the league as a raw offensive player, but he has shown signs that he can develop a solid mid-range jumper, so he still has a decent amount of upside on offense.

He's a guy who has a reasonable chance of averaging a double-double while being an above-average defender at center.  I think that makes him a guy that Minnesota would be reluctant to give up in a trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
One thing that I think works in Dieng's favor value-wise: he's already about to hit his prime, and there are 3 yrs plus restricted free agency to secure his services. His ceiling isn't very high, but his basement is well above that of a 3rd string legitimate center.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 08:35:26 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't like this trade for Boston at all, there are a lot of upcoming centers in free agency and a bunch in the draft in 2015, why give up Rondo for a center that is not anywhere near his talent?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If the Wolves were trying to convince Love to stay a trade for Jeff Green may have helped. Green as the third or fourth option he actually plays better and they lacked a good 3 and outside shooter. Its over now but I really think Jeff Green would flourish on a team like the Wolves. And they could have gotten him and possibly more for Zack Lavine and Dieng.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
No one is mentioning if Rondo would re-sign with PHO.  While they have made strides in the right direction, I doubt PHO is on Rondo's 2015 summer wish list when he tours the country looking for a max contract.  Also- Why would PHO offer Rondo the max with Dragic there?

If Rondo is going to be moved, expect him to keep us hostage (ala Kevin love) in terms of where he would be willing to go/re-sign.

This thread should be titled- "What teams will Rondo seek out, and can we get anything in return?"

Not to be a pessimist, but Rondo most likely wants to go to a contender or a fringe team with $ and a big market like NYC.  I can't think of any teams like that offhand that have a young stud to send out and/or a high draft pick.

For example-
HOU- nothing I want
NYC- nothing I want
SAC- probably wouldn't re-sign & nothing I want

Honestly, the LA rumor with us getting their draft pick and an expiring (Nash) was probably the best scenario laid out there.

I think most likely he tests the market, we call his bluff, and either get him back at a discount (below max) or we let him walk and spend our money on other investments.

Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I don't know that Minny does the trade. I think Phoenix jumps on it, and I think Boston is lukewarm.
they should do the trade because it is the nba off season and all of us on CB are bored spitless. they should make any sort of trade involving the celtics, regardless of its idiocy, simply to keep us amused. i can live with that.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Fair point. TP.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.