Author Topic: Trade Rondo Idea based on rondo FA rumors  (Read 6615 times)

Trade Rondo Idea based on rondo FA rumors
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
3 team trade between Boston Minnesota and Phoenix 

Boston sends Rondo,clippers pick 2015
Boston gets deing Minnesota 2015 pick,Minnesota 2017 pick.

Phoenix sends Minnesota pick 2015,bledsoe
Phoenix gets rondo,clippers pick 2015

Minnesota gets Bledsoe
Minnesota gives up deing,JJbarra(expiring contract) and 2017 pick

why Minnesota does this

they would get a young star in bledsoe they would have wiggins,pekovic and bledsoe signed to four year deals. This would give them a solid young core for years to come. their pick in 2017 will probably be mid to late round first and with pek, deing may become obsolete. also Rubio and timberwolves struggling with contract extensions.The Minnesota Timberwolves and starting point guard Ricky Rubio have until Oct. 31 to complete a contract extension. Should the two sides fail to finalize a deal, Rubio will be a restricted free agent next July. At this time, free agency is the likely outcome if Rubio's agent doesn't lower his demands.

"Rubio is on notice. The Wolves are trying to sign him to an extension, and so far his agent, Dan Fegan, is balking at the idea of a 4-year, $43 million deal," 1500 ESPN contributor Darren Wolfson tells Sportando.com. "That's plenty for a player of Rubio's caliber. It's a lot more than Atlanta point guard Jeff Teague makes -- maybe a better player -- and is what Golden State All-Star guard Stephen Curry makes. But Fegan is seeking the 5-year max. That's not happening. The situation is pointing toward Rubio being a restricted free agent next summer. In other words, the 2014-2015 season is huge for Rubio." 

why Phoenix does this

they are tired of eric bledsoe and want to compete now. rondo defintly helps their cause adn gives them a proven playoff star.  Giving up a mid first round pick is a small price to pay

why Boston does it
 we get our future center in deing. I am telling you guys rondo wants to test free agency and I don't think we can keep him. with two first mid round picks to boot. there is a really good sf that would go great with Marcus smart. that we can target with our lottery pick which we will most likely get next year.  We can let the young guys play and I think with with a young defensive core of smart,bradley deing,sully,olynyk and a plethora of picks this franchise could go places.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Rondo Idea based on rondo FA rumors
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
2 of 10 rating.

And no, one is not best. Ten is best! This trade is just wrong.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know that Minny does the trade. I think Phoenix jumps on it, and I think Boston is lukewarm.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Don't see any team being super interested in the trade besides the Suns. Sending out Rondo and a pick and getting back a solid young player and 2 picks which are unknowns is kinda selling low.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:20:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Don't see any team being super interested in the trade besides the Suns. Sending out Rondo and a pick and getting back a solid young player and 2 picks which are unknowns is kinda selling low.
I wouldn't say the C's are getting a solid young player.  more like interesting prospect.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
2 of 10 rating.

Incidentally, having a trade quality rubric is not a bad idea -- might save a lot of space on these types of threads.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I wouldn't say the C's are getting a solid young player.  more like interesting prospect.

Eh, Dieng showed that he was a good player when he got a lot of minutes. Now whether he can keep it up or not is the question. I'd probably consider him somewhat of a solid young player and a prospect.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
2 of 10 rating.

Incidentally, having a trade quality rubric is not a bad idea -- might save a lot of space on these types of threads.
After being here 2+ months I need too lol

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
2 of 10 rating.

Perhaps a response quality rubric would also help.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 03:36:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
2 of 10 rating.

Perhaps a response quality rubric would also help.
10 is a TP

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Why is everyone so high on Dieng? Sure he put up nice numbers per-40 for a rookie, but he's 24 already. Not a lot of upside. You're trading Rondo for a role player, a 2017 mid-first draft pick, and an upgrade from late-first to mid-first in 2015.

I'd rather roll the dice on free agency.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
2 of 10 rating.

If that.  This is the 10th or more trade idea Hawkeye199 has had to get rid of Rondo for below market value.... 

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Why is everyone so high on Dieng? Sure he put up nice numbers per-40 for a rookie, but he's 24 already. Not a lot of upside. You're trading Rondo for a role player, a 2017 mid-first draft pick, and an upgrade from late-first to mid-first in 2015.

Don't have stats but just going by the eye test he was beasting at the end of last season when the minutes were finally there, which they'd never been before. Rebounds, blocked shots, surprising touch on offense. He deserves a bigger role in this league than Pek's backup.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trade above and don't believe the Twolves would give up on Rubio before the season plays out, but if we're talking moving prospect for prospect I can see maybe a two-way deal centered around Sullinger for Dieng. Would fill needs for both teams.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
I sorta like this trade because I think Minnesota will be bad for a while but I don't know how the picks would be protected. Also I don't think Minny want to trade Dieng. 4/10.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:35 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Think he gets a bit overrated around here because this team is capable rim protection away from being a playoff contender and It could be argued that the fact that he's 24 is a benefit since he can step in and immediately contribute.

He also won a title in College and has performed well in summer league. Not saying I'd trade Rondo for him but I wouldn't hang up the phone.